What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
why? Terminator, Joker, Robocop and Rambo > Jason, Leatherface....
Because all the guests from mk9-mkx are actually horror icons and belong in the game? Sure the guests from mk11 are cool and all, but they just dont fit, they are action characters at the best, they would make sense in tekken or sf or smth. MK when u think about guests u think about horror movies characters and such, not freaking militaries shooting guns and cops who are robots or characters from a super hero universe ‍

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Because all the guests from mk9-mkx are actually horror icons and belong in the game? Sure the guests from mk11 are cool and all, but they just dont fit, they are action characters at the best, they would make sense in tekken or sf or smth. MK when u think about guests u think about horror movies characters and such, not freaking militaries shooting guns and cops who are robots or characters from a super hero universe ‍
thats just on you then. when i think about horror games, mk is for sure not one which comes into my mind. its a game with a lot of gore/violence and thats a shoe which fits for them all for sure.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
rambo.png

One of the two leaks (Rambo leak / John WIck leak) is legit. Both leaks talk about the Aftermath edition and the KP2 being the same thing, with 6 DLC characters instead of 3.

So here's my theory, straight from my ass:

The initial plan was to go like this:

Base Game (Story & 25 characters) 60$
Kombat Pack 1 (6 DLC characters) 40$
Aftermath Edition (Story DLC & 6 DLC characters) 50$
Finale Edition (Story DLC & 5 characters) 40$

Total cost of MK11 for Day One Buyers: 190 $

Due to the coronavirus, or due to WB's greed, the schedule will be instead further divided into:

Base Game (Story & 25 characters) 60$
Kombat Pack 1 (6 DLC characters) 40$
Aftermath Edition (Story DLC & 3 DLC characters) 40$
Kombat Pack 2 (4 DLC characters) 35$
Finale Edition (Story DLC & 4 characters) 50$

Total cost of MK11 for Day One Buyers: 225 $ - That way the game's life span is artificially extended further and WB will make more money with the same content.

mattteo

Noob
I'm conflicted.

The John Wick leak has a better roster, but the Rambo leak has some kickass story details.

Can you link to the story details please?

I think the Rambo one has a better roster cause it's bigger but I don't think that's possible cause there should be 42 characters in the end, right? I think the first leak is true ( https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/frmmgk ) because this coincides with the one of the guy that came true 10 days ago and later went on 4chan and added some details (WaddlesLeaker is him): https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gejs4r
The leak with Rambo and Taven, Shinnok, Takeda, Sareena could have been an older one because this guy apparently had the information of Shinnok being in the roster 1 year ago and NRS might have changed their mind. I think that they went for guests like Deathstroke (who they own, right?) and John Wick in the meantime. Havik, Daegon and Quan Chi are in all 3 leaks with the Aftermath name. And Ashrah and Kai are different from that leak with Rambo.

Or that one could be more recent? Cause it has Rambo in it instead of Ash? And says Ahrah was once considered but replaced with Quan Chi. I'm confused.

The story might remain the same though. I'd like to see that story if you have a link.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I hate guests, but I'd prefer John Wick over Rambo. Can do far more with his moveset in my opinion, whereas Rambo is mainly just guns.

Pencil move (either used in a throw, in his fatal blow or in a fatality)
Throwing knives like at the start of John Wick 3
Dog summon attack using Sofia's dogs (standard move would use one dog, enhanced would use both of her dogs)
Lots of up close hand to hand + gun hybrid combat

If done right, he could actually be sick tbh.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Can you link to the story details please?

I think the Rambo one has a better roster cause it's bigger but I don't think that's possible cause there should be 42 characters in the end, right? I think the first leak is true ( https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/frmmgk ) because this coincides with the one of the guy that came true 10 days ago and later went on 4chan and added some details (WaddlesLeaker is him): https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gejs4r
The leak with Rambo and Taven, Shinnok, Takeda, Sareena could have been an older one because this guy apparently had the information of Shinnok being in the roster 1 year ago and NRS might have changed their mind. I think that they went for guests like Deathstroke (who they own, right?) and John Wick in the meantime. Havik, Daegon and Quan Chi are in all 3 leaks with the Aftermath name. And Ashrah and Kai are different from that leak with Rambo.

Or that one could be more recent? Cause it has Rambo in it instead of Ash? And says Ahrah was once considered but replaced with Quan Chi. I'm confused.

The story might remain the same though. I'd like to see that story if you have a link.
According to dvdgamescentral, remaining 8 chars are: Havik, Daegon, Rambo, Taven (with Shinnok as an 'assist' or part of moveset - ala Saibot maybe?), Takeda, Reiko, Sareena and Quan Chi.

According to the other guy, remaining 8 chars are: Ash Williams, Havik, Daegon, Quan Chi, Deathstroke, Ashrah, Kai and John Wick.

Both leaks have 8 characters.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I'm going to try and not get my hopes up for Ash but I'll still be disappointed of he doesn't come after all. What kinda sucks is they removed the Ash file and then put it back in. Why it sucks for me is they very well could've had Ash in, then removed him and replaced the file with ashrah. Do I hate ashrah? no, I would rather them give an mk character the dlc slot than a guest but Ash is just way cooler than ashrah if I had to compare the two personally.

Either way, we'll see what the dlc gives us and what the dataminers find.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The Ash thing has definitely been weird. I mean we saw the typo error in the announcement in-game. Are they saving him for last? Are they waiting for them to make a new Evil Dead game/movie/show announcement? Cause so far everything else has been spot on with the leaks.

Also really curious to know if we're gonna get the robots cause tbh I miss them and it doesn't feel like a complete MK game without them.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah yeah, this leak party is becoming kinda fucked up confusing .... Ash ? oh no, is Ashrah ..... Rambo ? nope, is John Wick replacing him .... lol ! :confused: :eek:

Anyway, the more important it is we having more content coming up besides what we gain now with Aftermath .... really hope NRS just give us a little more, with a Aftermath 2.0 in 2021, along with the remaining DLC characters , and we have a total of 41-42 in the game, that would be fantastic ....

Fingers crossed ! ;) :p

mattteo

Noob
The Ash thing has definitely been weird. I mean we saw the typo error in the announcement in-game. Are they saving him for last? Are they waiting for them to make a new Evil Dead game/movie/show announcement? Cause so far everything else has been spot on with the leaks.

Also really curious to know if we're gonna get the robots cause tbh I miss them and it doesn't feel like a complete MK game without them.

How many MK games have the robots that you say that? They were in MK3 in 1995, which was a cyborg B-movies dominated era in the 1990s. They were in the MK Gold variant of MK4, but not in the main game. Cyrax was in Deadly Alliance in his quest with Nitara and later Sektor was added too. These times were still early 2000s or 1990s.

Of course, everyone was in Armageddon. Then they were in MK9 who brought everyone back. And it was Triborg made from Cyrax and Sektor in MKX. That's 5 and a half (counting MK Gold) main games out of 11. Half. Wrong to say that it's not Mortal Kombat without the robots.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
… something that's been bugging me, though.

Both leaks have Quan Chi as potential DLC. The Rambo leak steps it up a notch and has Takeda and Reiko as well. All three characters are assists in MK11. Which means that if they're in, the assist = deconfirmation rule no longer applies.

If that is the case … then why did they remove Havik's Skull of Chaos assist? Why not just keep it if they kept Quan Chi's, assuming he's becoming DLC?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm

I'm watching the supposed interview right now. Can't help but laugh at Derek who says that he's been hard at work playtesting the Towers of Time in order to make sure that they're functioning properly because 'if I can't do it, how will the players do it'? ROFLMAO (this was before the day-3 patch where the Towers were broken as fuck).

If he's supposed to be the proof that there won't be any NPCs in the game … yeah, I'm out.

mattteo

Noob
… something that's been bugging me, though.

Both leaks have Quan Chi as potential DLC. The Rambo leak steps it up a notch and has Takeda and Reiko as well. All three characters are assists in MK11. Which means that if they're in, the assist = deconfirmation rule no longer applies.

If that is the case … then why did they remove Havik's Skull of Chaos assist? Why not just keep it if they kept Quan Chi's, assuming he's becoming DLC?
Can they remove the assist after a character gets added? Is it possible with a patch? Like if they add Quan Chi, Reiko, Takeda, would they remove the assist?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Can they remove the assist after a character gets added? Is it possible with a patch? Like if they add Quan Chi, Reiko, Takeda, would they remove the assist?
Pretty sure they could … but I suppose players may become pissed off for losing konsumables just because.

So you're saying that Havik was decided to become DLC a lot sooner than Quan-Chi / Reiko / Takeda? So they managed to patch out his assist before the game came out, ergo, the player never lost his konsumable in the first place?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Just watched the part with the NPCs in the interview. At no point does Derek confirm that there won't be NPCs. So this is another case of fans being misinformed then accusing NRS of lying just because they misunderstood a developer's words.

Status
Not open for further replies.