What's new

General/Other - Kano After the patch/hotfix: Here's my opinion on Kano

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's the thing though, the hotfix made it to where there is no small percent increase. The ex buff deals the exact same amount of damage as the regular buff now :( It just activates faster, that's all.
Yea that's the thing, and through all my rage I was too upset to even talk about it anymore. It literally is exactly the same as the regular buff, with a much tighter armor window, drains up to 15% health, and does so much less damage that I see other characters 1 bar BnB's do equal damage to EX Buff midscreen combos. So then what's the point of it now? All they did was take an amazing tool and render it massively inferior and erase some of it's utility altogether.

How are you spending a bar to buff up to 42% damage while losing health? Why are you spending a bar on block for frames and a health loss when EX Knives is already -9? Wtf is this? Lmao! Imagine if Bane was buffing up to Level 3 to do 42% midscreen while having to manual turn off it's draining health, @Doombawkz would have died lol.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
To be fair several things were placeholder fixes (summoner Quan, pyro Tanya) so there should be a new hotfix for the hotfix coming. That doesn't mean they'll change Kano but they could in the foreseeable future.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
To be fair several things were placeholder fixes (summoner Quan, pyro Tanya) so there should be a new hotfix for the hotfix coming. That doesn't mean they'll change Kano but they could in the foreseeable future.
Should have just left him the same.

Ex buff, a useful and intelligent move of pre-patch Kano, turned into a shitty move for players too lazy to hitconfirm. There's no other way to put it, it's not like Cutthroat's a bad variation either, but this is a perfect example of when someone tries to fix something that's not broken (which the main reason of my salt, and Commando getting an extra launcher rather than Ex ball cancel being more + on hit). All of the Kano forum has literally lost their shit some way or another. We can always hope but I'm fairly certain it won't change.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
The thing is, they were all labeled as such

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Doubt they're fixing anything until the KP2 characters drop in 2016. That's pretty much what they meant by the "the game is where it needs to be" or whatever. By next year all the other buffed characters are gonna be hashed out and well, yea.

It's a wrap. Like Coach said it becomes an either deal with the hand given or move on type of thing.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Doubt they're fixing anything until the KP2 characters drop in 2016. That's pretty much what they meant by the "the game is where it needs to be" or whatever. By next year all the other buffed characters are gonna be hashed out and well, yea.

It's a wrap. Like Coach said it becomes an either deal with the hand given or move on type of thing.
Nah I'm assuming they're gonna release another hotfix before The Big Sleep since they gimped Tanya and Quan (and Quan still has the stupid bug, just gets less out of double chip)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Nah I'm assuming they're gonna release another hotfix before The Big Sleep since they gimped Tanya and Quan (and Quan still has the stupid bug, just gets less out of double chip)
Yea they might have one left in them. Doesn't hurt to speed up the DoT and reduce an extra 2% before they take a break. :DOGE

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yea they might have one left in them. Doesn't hurt to speed up the DoT and reduce an extra 2% before they take a break. :DOGE
Hah we'll see. I'm just saying they might fine tune it still. Tone down dot or buff the damage. I'd prefer the latter to make him a swaggy high risk high reward character.

ando1184

Noob
I hope there's another one on the way that actually fixes this bull shit on Kano. I mean jacqui gets 60% meterless in the corner now, how is letting that slide yet merging Kano like they did justified?!? Quan definitely needs fixes and if they're gonna keep the DoT on ex buff then regular buff needs to gain life over time or something, and it needs to be addressed in the command list and not state false information.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hope there's another one on the way that actually fixes this bull shit on Kano. I mean jacqui gets 60% meterless in the corner now, how is letting that slide yet merging Kano like they did justified?!? Quan definitely needs fixes and if they're gonna keep the DoT on ex buff then regular buff needs to gain life over time or something, and it needs to be addressed in the command list and not state false information.
Hey hey hey! Let's leave Jacqui out of this. I'm trying not to drop the game here!!! Lol

Error

DF2+R2
M2Dave....Kano representative? You ok m8? Lololol

I discussed Kano's changes a bit on the next HMK if anyone's interested although I wouldn't say I'm Hollywood lol.
Most of us don't speak british, got to get an American, or (German-American) on it :DOGE

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
M2Dave....Kano representative? You ok m8? Lololol

I discussed Kano's changes a bit on the next HMK if anyone's interested although I wouldn't say I'm Hollywood lol.
Closet thing m8, and you ain't near Hollywood enough to be on KTP, stay on your Eurotrash podcast <3.

Edit: Also gimme another movie to watch.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Coach steve, what are the inputs for the new high damage corner bnbs for cyber that incorporate the air laser?
I was experimenting with this as soon as possible after the update. What I ended up with was a 43 % (im pretty sure that was the value) corner combo ending in a standing reset. b312, b1, b1, b1, 112 EX uplaser, NJP, f31+3. You could also sacrifice some of the damage to go for an easier online combo replacing the b1 juggle with a 11 instead. There's probably more damage than this but I like my combos reliable. I'm not Coach Steve by any means, but it's some good damage regardless and pretty easy to pull off.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
60% meterless? Inform me of this combo.
Most of us don't speak british, got to get an American, or (German-American) on it :DOGE
Isn't the language you speak a mutation of English, ie the language spoken in England which is a British country? Hmm guess you actually do speak British :DOGE
Closet thing m8, and you ain't near Hollywood enough to be on KTP, stay on your Eurotrash podcast <3.

Edit: Also gimme another movie to watch.
Lel

Ugh I haven't had the chance to watch many lately but I liked Source Code back when it came out, give that a watch.