What's new

Advance combos useless online?

D

Deleted member 9158

Yup, 9/10 I'll drop the B3 after TS 1 with Harley Quinn online.

Offline I'll land it 10/10 times. It's frustrating

Ive learnt at basic level gameplay, its sometimes worth going for the harder ones. But when you know your in for a fight, its not worth the risk dropping the combo - so i will go for ones i know i can consistently pull off online. Ive lost way to many matches due to dropped combos due to input lag !! You may lose damage, but in reality your guarenteeing damage rather than risking for a little bit more

I played some Superman in Ranked, where there was literally 2 second lag and I just Soul Crushed him to death by inputting before his block would register, Lol.

Please don't have poop internet, people with good connections I've faced that aren't really far from me, I have a fighting chance.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I manage to consistently do this online:

B13,B3,J3,B12,shackles,J2, 22D2

Its not that bad.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Same here. I really have no problem with Sinestros combos, but Aquamans on the other hand. Ehhhhhh.
Aquaman is piss easy too... save for his B12, DB2, B12... combos. That shit is hard to pull off online.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I can consistently land Batmans 113, b3 online.
Then again, i only choose to play people whos connection is 3 bars or higher ^-^

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Haha I only play with Batman & I can get up some pretty good ones in, but when It's lagging I can't even land a J2, 223. Just depends on the connection.

Error

DF2+R2
lol, if you're landing anything more than d1xxLightning Hands with BA online, props to you.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
They can be tricky, it's dumb as with Shazam his combo's are started with dbf1 which with lagg I don't input it in time for the string and end up standing there like a fish out of water.

But Lately i've bee inputting it alot more consistently so I think it's just time that will help you get used to it.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
LOL, I wish the Aquaman's and the Harley's I'm playing online were as inconsistent as you guys are in dropping combos

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Theres only really 1 or 2 combos that I have any type of difficulty landing online. But even then, I land them more often than not. I think with this games combo system its not nearly as hard to deal with an input delay, since most of it is dial a combo instead of links. I'm sure this doesn't apply to every combo, but most of them for sure. Now blocking and dodging projectiles, or punishing certain moves? Thats another story.

I can pull off most of the strings/combos for all of my characters...the issue is.....they always come out at random ass times. And in many games i empty jump....obviously not on purpose but due to lag. NR really needs to get the online fixed. I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks to play offline for a year....that's pretty ridiculous. I've tried....and i swear....9/10 times u either get lucky and beat someone or they get lucky and beat u....rarely is the match up fair online or is anyone really doing what they r trying to. Someone always has an advantage. That's not to say i haven't played anyone with exceptional skill online, cause i have and i wouldn't have beaten him....at all. lol He was raven and i have no idea how to fight that wench. That fullscreen grab is crazy good....they just spam it...cause u have to respect it.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I've started re-examining my BnB's. I can go for the easy 25-28% combos, or bust my rear for the 32% combo and drop it 80% of the time. I've noticed a few moves hit a little more consistently, so even my basic strings are being switched out.