What's new

Tech A little TRAIT trick

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Ok this is my first day with DS so if you guys already knew this please dont bash on me too hard. Just trying to help here.

I've noticed how people say DS trait is useless but to be honest i think is still decently usable.

I've noticed that you can 32~TRAIT
Now this doesnt seem to viable in RAW usage (The opponent gets about 1.5 seconds to react, that in the case of characters like Supes or KF can be deadly), BUT with some previous juggle power it can be done.(it seems the higher the enemy is , the harder the knockdown)

Say:
Ji2, b1u2,d2,32~TRAIT..... .

This gives you the exact amount of time needed to activate the Trait and even block a wake up move or use The Quick shot special on some cases.
Note: For it to be the most effective, you must input 32 when the enemy is at his HIGHEST point after the d2 juggle.This will increase knockdown time and Range.
Note2:The anemy CAN hoever tech roll. Backwards that is... So it really doesn't change a thing. Doing this would put the enemy at full screen.This will however give characters with target projectiles (the ones that just show up on you with no travel time) a way to counter you.

People Usually they tend to crouch or Jump after ~Trait and then i proceed to dash forward or Jip and use his 132 string since it becomes UNBLOCKABLE. for some decent damage. 25/33 %.So after the initial String into Trait everything you do, Close Q Combat or Long ranged zoning becomes Unblockable. Pretty neat huh....
(remember after the trait time is up the 3 in 132 will ALWAYS MISS)

Strings that give you full time to set up TRAIT:

Original Combo:J2,b1u2,d2,32~Trait 22%
MikMan360 Combo:B1U2, D2, B3, Ji3, 32 xx Trait

These ones work against a WIDE variety of wake up attacks, and makes you inmune (~TRAIT, block) to all Melee Wake up attacks.
Mikman360 Anti Proyectile combo:

*B1U2, F3, D2 xx Trait

MikMan360:''This combo covers the weaknesses of the other combo. How you ask? The first combo you listed seems to be beaten out by roll+wakeup projectiles. However, since it knocks opponents far away,
they really can't wake up with a melee special and hit Deathstroke. Flash's Flying Uppercut and Lex Luthor's Corps Charge will miss. So if your opponent is touchy with their invincible melee wakeups, go with that.''
''However, if they catch on and realize that roll+projectile wakeup is the way to go, you can use the other combo I gave you (*). This combo doesn't push them as far away, and it can be beat by very fast wakeups
(like Lex's Corps Charge), but no projectile I have tested seemed to be able to beat it.''

Very nice job Mikman, this is certenly useful info.
Overall, this is still pretty reliable since not everyone has the mindset to roll+wakeup against DS, and we have 2 options depending on how they wake up.

Extra note!
in Case opponent is almost down and you are feeling like killing him for good, you can always do AFTER the trait is up , Ji2, 132 , J2,12, ULTRA. This grants you 43% if he blocks the Ji2,1... and 45% if you hit all of it. The 3 in 132 becomes un-blockable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here The wake up options the enemy has to avoid the initial Quick shot / Low shot.After the trait activation. I always recommend to BLOCK for ½-1 second before starting to zone just to be 99% safe the enemy wont be able to wake up your a**. Except supes, he can do whatever he wants...
-NOTE 0: every ULTRA CAN be blocked out of ~TRAIT or jumped out of,except Superman's.
- Note 1:Using LOW GUN SHOTS instead of quick shot after ~Trait will dodge some projectiles on wakeup like wonder woman's Straight tiaras and shield toss or killer frosts ice daggers,sinestro's fear blast,etc...
-Note 2: You can always BACKDASH and then use the pistols instead of blocking since it makes even MORE wake ups miss.Say Lobo's space hook or Ultra, the Main Man.
-Note3:100% of these wake up options CAN BE BLOCKED OR JUMPED after trait,they just avoid you using quick shot intermediately after trait.

Superman - Wake up Ultra: Kryptonian crush.And its the only Ultra Fast enough to even avoid you BLOCKING after trait is charged. just dont do it if he has Ultra ready. XD.If no ultra,just fire away.
Flash- Speed Dodge will make your initial Quick shot miss.Lighting charge WILL hit you if used on wakeup. But you CAN block it and he will be in range for a 132 unblockable combo.(1 might whiff, 3 will hit).
Nightwing:Flying Grayson.Ground blast.
Cyborg: Nova blaster ends up in a TRADE.Powerfist will hit you unless blocked.Techno tackle becomes a TRADE.
Green Arrow:Stinger. Ultra Arsenal Blast: If you have a Bar to spend, You can go full retard and use Quick Shot since it will kick him out of the Ultra animation making him Spend The 4 MEter Bars and you will eat 7% damage. Be carefull he might react and still net a combo out of the explosion.But if hes almost down its a fun trade, he looses about 12-16% and looses all his bars.
BATMAN: Straight hook is a trade.Batrangs Trade.Slide kick will hit you if you use Quick Shot, but can be blocked for combo of your choosing.
RAVEN: Empty void will nullify the Quick Shot.Shadow raven ends in a trade.Soul crush will hit, but can be easily blocked and countered with a MB Quick shot for 16%.BEHIND dark transmition will dodge the bullets and appear behind you.
NEgative mass will end up in trade.Just dont do this if she has trade up...
Aquaman: From the deep.Trident toss.
Wonder woman:Straight tiara.Amalthea Rush.Shield Toss.
Hawkgirl. Nothing.LOL.Looser....Shoot away.
GL:Oa's dildo will end up in a trade.Lanterns might.Minigun:trade.His ultra will miss at this range.
Bat girl: Batrang:Trade.Bat evade will dodge it.Smoke bomb.With bat girl is almost always better to block after trait. see whats shes gonna do. That MB smokebomb can punish DS bad.
Lobo:his command grab C.Toss will whiff but he will dodge the bullets.Space hook:Trade.Low space hook.
Shazam:Atlas Torpedo. His ultra will whiff.
Joker: Bang! results in trade.
Harley Q: Line of fire is a trade.Cupcake bomb is a trade.Her ultra will be stopped by a Quick Shot MB(not even sure if it needs to be MB XD).(poor sexi thing)
Deathstroke: LOL, just BLOCK after trait , and then start shooting.
Grundy:With grundy i will advice to always take a Step back before using Quick shots. At that range with a MB gun you can take him out even from his ARMORED or MB specials.Say , wake up walking corpse? MB Pistols will put a stop to that.
Lex L: gravity pull.Corps Charge.Lance blast is a trade.His ultra,at this distance, will give you enough time to block it, jump over it whatever.With a MB Quick shot you take him out of his ultra,safely.
Ares:He is trickier than the rest.His godsmack WILL jump over guns and hit you.His dark matter will do a trade, and a 4% loss for DS.And he has a teleport. Just wait and see....Counter accordingly DONT use quick shot after Trait.EVER.
K.Frost: Ungodly Slide WILL hit you if you try and do anything but block XD Can be Jumped back,Air 2, and combo thou.Iceberg. (you can block LOW after trait to avoid ANYTHING KF can use as wakeup at this distance, including Ultra)
Doomsday: has some nasty wake up options.Luckily for DS users (not me i main Doomsday XD) at this range he can only do 2 things. 1 Venom. Can be blocked. 2 MB Supernova. Can be dashed out LOL or with an early Sword FLip, hit him out of it and get 2 hits or dodge.TROLOLOL.You can always counter him with f3 or b3 MB anyways.At this range, Doomsdays ultra WILL MISS.
Sinestro: Fear blast.impact event is a trade and not a good one.Shakles:You dont want this believe me.With sinestro never go Quick guns, just wait and see what he does XD.
Black Madam: Lighting blast will result in a trade,sadly he nets knockdown and you dont want that.Black magic.Nuff said. same as Sinestro. Better wait and see if he uses a wakeup.
Bane: Without Venom , hes worthless. Except his ultra that must be jumped you have nothing to worry about. If he has Juice, better wait and see, if you spam guns he will use his CHARGE to eat all of it and then hit you for some HEAVY damage.Remember at Lvl 3 Venom Juice,He can pretty much Armor through your zoning. Solution? Use this Trait trick when he's on VENOM withdrawal, not only Unblockable Bullets , but even more DAMAGE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERALL:
-There are still strings that let you use DS trait up to 90% Safely.
-132 becomes UNBLOCKABLE with Trait up,giving you unblockable damage both close and long ranged, so dont be scared if the enemy charges you trying to avoid gun spam.
-It seems like most target projectiles (the ones that just show up on you with no travel time) can hit DS before he recovers if the opponent is smart enough to roll+wakeup. If they don't roll, you're pretty safe.(Like Jokers Bang! or KF's Iceberg)
-After ~Trait you can always block for ½-1 second and this will solve MOST wakeup options.

So here is the first short vid (sorry about the quality :/ ) Of the DS Into Trait combo. This is vs a wakeup & reversal Flash with Lighting charge.Notice how you can get a block inmediatly. and leaves him at 132 range for an unblockable combo.

This is a second short vid, here vs FLash's Flying uppercut. It is fast,but sadly for him hes out of range as i explained earlier.

Ty for Mikman360 for his help with testing=
Things you are NOT completely safe with: So far, it seems to be a list consisting of Soul Crush(on wake up roll), MB Cat Dash, Scorpion's Teleport, and Kryptonian Crush.

I've been sucessfully pulling off this string at least 2 times per match giving some unblockable, 90% safe damage....

Hope it helps DS users. Thanks for your time...
My 2 cents....

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
B1U2, D2 into trait is 100 percent safe.
It is but does not give you the distance to easily pull of a first Quick shot or Down gun shot. XD
b1u2,d2,32 does ...
Imagine you are vs Superman. A couple of meters WILL make the difference.

With raw b1u2,d2 he still can wake up into SCOOP for example, with the extra 32 , not so much ;)

I like that 132 is unblockable with trait. i had no idea about that. learn something new everyday. I sometimes trait after winning a clash also.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I want to play around with this too. Good stuff though.

I DID notice that 23 was a hard knockdown (weird...) and that it is an UNSCALED hard knockdown, not to mention the stun increases depending on the height at which you hit. 23 is also special cancellable.

Actually, I may have tried this before and found negative results involving a Flash set to wake up with Flying Uppercut. Did you test it against that?

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Bro im testing this against every character RIGHT now XD
It will be done in about 30-45 minutes.

I want to play around with this too. Good stuff though.

I DID notice that 23 was a hard knockdown (weird...) and that it is an UNSCALED hard knockdown, not to mention the stun increases depending on the height at which you hit. 23 is also special cancellable.

Actually, I may have tried this before and found negative results involving a Flash set to wake up with Flying Uppercut. Did you test it against that?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Just a quick FYI, if you want to make sure a thing is safe, test it against Flash's Flying Uppercut. Fastest move in the game barring Kryptonian Crush.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Just a quick FYI, if you want to make sure a thing is safe, test it against Flash's Flying Uppercut. Fastest move in the game barring Kryptonian Crush.
Bro, at the range Flash is left AFTER the final 32 ,say b1u2,d2,32 , he will whiff. and its combo punish of your choosing. Tested already... Will give you full info as soon as im done.

Still. ITs guaranteed that AFTER one of this strings you can block ANYTHING always. Except Superman's ultra.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
if you trait at close range and land a jumping 2 attack into a guaranteed/unblockable 132 setup they're fucked lol. all they could do is push-block into more bullets
Indeed and there is where mind games are useful. But , might me only me, I prefer having some distance considering the wake up options some characters have.

Say. Green lanterns ultra? XD

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
yup
in general yes, but since they nerfed his gunshots; I find myself at close range even if I don't wanna be there.
. Thats what this thread is about. Trying to get some distance to Zone, but just enough to get in, since the enemy will more concerned about zoning than about you trying to net a combo. The distance provided just lets you choose where to go from trait.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Would it be possible for you to post a video of the original trait combo vs. a CPU Flash set to wakeup flying uppercut? I just tried this a whole ton in training mode, and I couldn't even BLOCK after trying the first combo without getting hit, much less was I able to actually use Quick Fire.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Would it be possible for you to post a video of the original trait combo vs. a CPU Flash set to wakeup flying uppercut? I just tried this a whole ton in training mode, and I couldn't even BLOCK after trying the first combo without getting hit, much less was I able to actually use Quick Fire.

I will as soon as i get home. I will be with a normal digital camara so dont get to angry at me if the quality sucks XD

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Kk great. I've just been trying all morning and haven't had any success :(
I'll make a quick vid for you, but in any case, its ALWAYS better to block for a second or so. This makes the strings completly safe and at that rage you will be able to punish everything.

But i'll explain how every wake up Flash has works agains the intitial ~Trait....Quick Shots.
Dunt worry XD

Aww. So I tried it and quickly realized you can quick get up this set up. Im sort of sad from there, my only options would be fullscreen guns.

I will spit on your tomb!