What's new

Tech - Noxious A gross corner setup

Messing around with Reptile and I discovered that his f21 in juggles lends itself really well to safe meaty setups. Cancelling into EX Acid or his Noxious trait applies passive damage and basically traps the opponent in a no-win situation. I think EX Acid is the smarter option because the natural tendency is to escape the puddle by jumping out, which opens the door for the meaty to actually land and relaunch!

I didn't optimise the relaunch combo so I'm sure there's more out there, but it's a nice proof of concept. Also, even if the opponent quickstands, you're still safe. Tested it on a lot of fast wakeup attacks and nothing seemed to work reliably.

Messing around with Reptile and I discovered that his f21 in juggles lends itself really well to safe meaty setups. Cancelling into EX Acid or his Noxious trait applies passive damage and basically traps the opponent in a no-win situation. I think EX Acid is the smarter option because the natural tendency is to escape the puddle by jumping out, which opens the door for the meaty to actually land and relaunch!

I didn't optimise the relaunch combo so I'm sure there's more out there, but it's a nice proof of concept. Also, even if the opponent quickstands, you're still safe. Tested it on a lot of fast wakeup attacks and nothing seemed to work reliably.

Good shit dude!

nice, what would be his other option to open someone up? b3?
If they are gonna eat b2 all day in the corner then there wouldn't be a reason for b3 lol. But yeah you could b3 EX claw if you wanted more combo damage, or even his d4 is really good this time around (pretty sure it's + on block?) So you can just keep them there with it.