What's new

Guide - Scorpion A concise, correct list of what the latest patch has changed for Scorpion.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Okay, so outside of the Ninjutsu buffs, NRS have been very unclear on what else they have changed, and has lead to a lot of misinformation from Scorpion players themselves, even claiming Hellfire's FBC pressure has been completely nullified.

Now, the FBC pressure has been altered, but like I constantly stressed, and warned prior to the patch, this has lead to consequences across ALL variations, most specifically to the 214 string, but there are also other undocumented changes.

Consequences of 214 string cancel advantage nerf:

214~FBDC is now -7 on block, down from +5
Presumably, 214~FBRC is now +8 on block, I was able to beat Cassie's reversal Flipkick after 214~FBRC with F3 so this sounds about right, but I'd like somebody to clarify if D4 is also able to jail after it
214~EX Fireball no longer jails on block
214~Flame Aura on block can now be punished with most armored moves
214~any derivative of Minion in Inferno no longer jails on block
214~Teleport cancel is no longer safe on block
214~Teleport, 214~EX Teleport no longer combos on most characters, eliminating it's use as a BNB
214~EX Spear no longer combos midscreen

(^ do you fools now realize how much was altered, all because of a sentimental at best argument over one blockstring?!)

Status of other strings:

Standing 4 is the only normal that I have noticed a change to from an FBRC, previously at least +15 on block, it's now not possible to jail anything after it apparently. I don't know of a way to test for precise frame data as of now.

Every other string as far as I have tested is working as normal as they did before the patch. He still has many FBRC strings that are + on block. Please refer to the Fireball Cancel Frame Data thread here for what they are.

Stealth nerf: Flame Aura can no longer be used twice in the same combo

This pretty much is what it is, there has not been any cooldown added to Flame Aura activation, nor does it matter how long ago it was since the first time you used the Flame Aura, the game simply does not allow you to use two in the same combo anymore. However, for clarity's sake, you are still able to reactivate Flame Aura in a combo if you activated it in a prior combo, or by itself without hitting the opponent.

Ninjutsu buffs:

These are mostly damage buffs, and all seem accurate from testing.

• increased damage on Affliction combo (Away + FP, BP, FP) by 2
  • increased damage on Doom Slice (Away + BP) by 4
  • increased damage on Doom Blade (Towards + BP) by 4
  • increased damage on Dead End combo (BP, FP, BP) by 2
  • Downfall (Away + BK) now hits twice
  • increased damage on Cataclysm combo (Towards + BK, BP) by 4
If anyone knows of any other undocumented changes, let me know and I will post them in the OP accordingly.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Okay, so outside of the Ninjutsu buffs, NRS have been very unclear on what else they have changed, and has lead to a lot of misinformation from Scorpion players themselves, even claiming Hellfire's FBC pressure has been completely nullified.

Now, the FBC pressure has been altered, but like I constantly stressed, and warned prior to the patch, this has lead to consequences across ALL variations, most specifically to the 214 string, but there are also other undocumented changes.

Consequences of 214 string cancel advantage nerf:

214~FBDC is now -7 on block, down from +5
Presumably, 214~FBRC is now +8 on block, I was able to beat Cassie's reversal Flipkick after 214~FBRC with F3 so this sounds about right, but I'd like somebody to clarify if D4 is also able to jail after it
214~EX Fireball no longer jails on block
214~Flame Aura on block can now be punished with most armored moves
214~any derivative of Minion in Inferno no longer jails on block
214~Teleport cancel is no longer safe on block
214~Teleport, 214~EX Teleport no longer combos on most characters, eliminating it's use as a BNB
214~EX Spear no longer combos midscreen

(^ do you fools now realize how much was altered, all because of a sentimental at best argument over one blockstring?!)

Status of other strings:

Standing 4 is the only normal that I have noticed a change to from an FBRC, previously at least +15 on block, it's now not possible to jail anything after it apparently. I don't know of a way to test for precise frame data as of now.

Every other string as far as I have tested is working as normal as they did before the patch. He still has many FBRC strings that are + on block. Please refer to the Fireball Cancel Frame Data thread here for what they are.

Stealth nerf: Flame Aura can no longer be used twice in the same combo

This pretty much is what it is, there has not been any cooldown added to Flame Aura activation, nor does it matter how long ago it was since the first time you used the Flame Aura, the game simply does not allow you to use two in the same combo anymore. However, for clarity's sake, you are still able to reactivate Flame Aura in a combo if you activated it in a prior combo, or by itself without hitting the opponent.

Ninjutsu buffs:

These are mostly damage buffs, and all seem accurate from testing.

• increased damage on Affliction combo (Away + FP, BP, FP) by 2
  • increased damage on Doom Slice (Away + BP) by 4
  • increased damage on Doom Blade (Towards + BP) by 4
  • increased damage on Dead End combo (BP, FP, BP) by 2
  • Downfall (Away + BK) now hits twice
  • increased damage on Cataclysm combo (Towards + BK, BP) by 4
If anyone knows of any other undocumented changes, let me know and I will post them in the OP accordingly.

Inferno lost about 2% on all of his bread and butters, and can no longer perform several combos he could previously.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Don't leave Inferno out. It's no longer possible to do 214>DB1, or 214>DB2 thanks to the 214 string getting nerfed as a whole.
Inferno lost about 2% on all of his bread and butters, and can no longer perform several combos he could previously.
Are you 100% sure that these combo'd on hit pre-patch? If you mean on block I already mentioned that.

BloodyNights

I've noticed something strange when the opponent is near the corner, it's hard to replicate, but it seems like from certain distances it's not possible to land a 21, after a 214>DB3. But I'm not sure what's causing it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You literally can't use flame aura 2 times in 1 combo at all anymore. I have done several combos where the duration runs out in the middle and I still can not reactivate it. So it seems like it isn't even an indirect nerf from losing 214 tele 214 ex tele.

Example:

f4~FA, 21 FBC 214~tele, 123~ex tele, run 21~spear, (flame aura 1 runs out in the middle of the jump) jp f4 and no flame aura.

Seems like more of a direct nerf.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well there us still the guess between 214 and 21 and other mixed variety of strings. And the grab. I personally didn't use the FBC much cause im an online guy so it was a bit rough and id get fucmed by Lao Cassie or any quick reversal thanks to the fireball.
Thr FBC combos still work right?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You literally can't use flame aura 2 times in 1 combo at all anymore. I have done several combos where the duration runs out in the middle and I still can not reactivate it. So it seems like it isn't even an indirect nerf from losing 214 tele 214 ex tele.

Example:

f4~FA, 21 FBC 214~tele, 123~ex tele, run 21~spear, (flame aura 1 runs out in the middle of the jump) jp f4 and no flame aura.

Seems like more of a direct nerf.
Shouldnt be too bad an issue. Not too many people could do 2 auras in one combo anyways.

BloodyNights

214 into demons was my main thing with Inferno 6.25% chip per jump in, and only being -7 on block, while also making them hesitate because of potential overhead/low demon meant I could do something like 214, jump back into 214 mid demon. Before getting out, and starting up a footsie zoning game again.

Now I've pretty much lost my main source of chip, and I've lost damage off of my combos. So I'm like wtf do I do with this character now lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Well there us still the guess between 214 and 21 and other mixed variety of strings. And the grab. I personally didn't use the FBC much cause im an online guy so it was a bit rough and id get fucmed by Lao Cassie or any quick reversal thanks to the fireball.
Thr FBC combos still work right?
What guess? I can literally watch 21 and if I see a fireball cancel I can just d3 out of it into my own offense...