What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
UR TELLING ME U PLAY GRODD AND U CANT TELL HIS CANCELS ARE PLUS???? CMON MAN- B1 CANCEL IS +7, F2+5 , S2+1, 2,2-0 D2-4
Sick. Unconvinced still personally but now I don't really see the point of being convinced anyway since at the end of the day, Sonic could just come out tomorrow and be like "Yeah, I'm gonna learn X character" and just win regardless, or anyone for that matter.

This whole Grodd thing is done for me.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
In all the drama, I overlooked one thing.

If you want reasons for Red Hood's numbers though there are very few who would argue otherwise because everyone rides on unoriginal opinions, be sure to tag me @Crusty.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
@Skedar70 @TheRealOnlyGoonie Yes, I am that Grodd rep Skedar, some of the numbers were from me, some of them weren't.
It became very apparent to me since yesterday that my MU numbers are waaay off. It was not in my intentions to downplay him and I am willing to admit I am wrong.
Your guys' inputs would definitely help me correct these numbers if you're up for the task! I do want to make sure that the numbers are accurate, but as you can clearly see I need help.

Good news. You can now sign up on nrstierlist.com using your Twitter account. Please do take the time to post your thoughts over on the web forum.

We're trying to make sure that we get input from more than just the TYM community. I feel like having a central place to read through match up suggestions would be the best way to go about this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
@DDutchguy Sorry for not getting to the Rayden MU sooner.

You are probably right about Raiden-Grodd being 5-5, Rayden having access to electric strings/teleport distances more easily could offset his bad neutral. It makes alot of sense in my head.

Wigy

There it is...
LIKE IS DOWNPLAYING SOME COOL THING TO DO??? I JUST DONT GET IT. IF U STILL THINK GRODD IS A WEAK CHARACTER U REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR DOING.
Where do you think he places?

Like a ballpark number in the cast.

I don't think he's bad. I don't think he'd ever do really in a tournament cause he gets pretty hard countered by a bunch of characters and he doesn't have any dominant matchups does he? After this patch he's a bit more fluid and better and it has helped more than I initially thought.

I keep hearing about all the plus frames but what I've always tried to say is. None of his plus strings are easy to get out in the neutral. All his tools shine when he's already opened someone up.

I'd put him at the bottom 1/3 of the cast.

Last edited:
Hey Grodd players. I'd appreciate it if you could list out the match ups you disagree with and your corrected numbers. I plan to release a handful of changes by tonight and it would be nice if we could cover Grodd's.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
Where do you think he places?

Like a ballpark number in the cast.

I don't think he's bad. I don't think he'd ever do really in a tournament cause he gets pretty hard countered by a bunch of characters and he doesn't have any dominant matchups does he? After this patch he's a bit more fluid and better and it has helped more than I initially thought.

I keep hearing about all the plus frames but what I've always tried to say is. None of his plus strings are easy to get out in the neutral. All his tools shine when he's already opened someone up.

I'd put him at the bottom 1/3 of the cast.
IDK EXACTLY WHERE HE IS BUT HES BETTER THAN CHARACTERS LIKE DARKSEID, LANTERN CHEETAH, HARLEY

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
GRODD ONLY LOSES A FEW MU'S. HE LOSES TO THE FOLLOWING, AQUAMAN 7-3, WOWO 6-4, ROBIN 6-4, BATMAN 6-4 POSSIBLE 5-5, STARFIRE 6-4, AND I FEEL BANE IS LOW KEY BAD MU FOR GRODD BUT THATS JUST ME

Do you seriously mean to tell us that you're suggesting this many changes?

Aquaman 4-6 → 3-7
Atom 4-6 → 5-5
Atrocitus 4-6 → 5-5
Black Adam 4-6 → 5-5
Black Manta 4-6 → 5-5
Blue Beetle 4-6 → 5-5
Brainiac 4-6 → 5-5
Catwoman 4-6 → 5-5
Cheetah 4-6 → 5-5
Cyborg 4-6 → 5-5
Doctor Fate 4-6 → 5-5
Firestorm 4-6 → 5-5
Flash 4-6 → 5-5
Hellboy 4-6 → 5-5
Poison Ivy 4-6 → 5-5
Red Hood 4-6 → 5-5
Scarecrow 4-6 → 5-5
Sub-Zero 4-6 → 5-5
Supergirl 4-6 → 5-5
Superman 4-6 → 5-5
Swamp Thing 4-6 → 5-5
TMNT - Leonardo 4-6 → 5-5
Wonder Woman 3-7 → 4-6

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

Aquaman 4-6 → 3-7
Atom 4-6 → 5-5
Atrocitus 4-6 → 5-5
Black Adam 4-6 → 5-5
Black Manta 4-6 → 5-5
Blue Beetle 4-6 → 5-5
Brainiac 4-6 → 5-5
Catwoman 4-6 → 5-5
Cheetah 4-6 → 5-5
Cyborg 4-6 → 5-5
Doctor Fate 4-6 → 5-5
Firestorm 4-6 → 5-5
Flash 4-6 → 5-5
Hellboy 4-6 → 5-5
Poison Ivy 4-6 → 5-5
Red Hood 4-6 → 5-5
Scarecrow 4-6 → 5-5
Sub-Zero 4-6 → 5-5
Supergirl 4-6 → 5-5
Superman 4-6 → 5-5
Swamp Thing 4-6 → 5-5
Wonder Woman 3-7 → 4-6
YES TBH.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly

Aquaman 4-6 → 3-7
Atom 4-6 → 5-5
Atrocitus 4-6 → 5-5
Black Adam 4-6 → 5-5
Black Manta 4-6 → 5-5
Blue Beetle 4-6 → 5-5
Brainiac 4-6 → 5-5
Catwoman 4-6 → 5-5
Cheetah 4-6 → 5-5
Cyborg 4-6 → 5-5
Doctor Fate 4-6 → 5-5
Firestorm 4-6 → 5-5
Flash 4-6 → 5-5
Hellboy 4-6 → 5-5
Poison Ivy 4-6 → 5-5
Red Hood 4-6 → 5-5
Scarecrow 4-6 → 5-5
Sub-Zero 4-6 → 5-5
Supergirl 4-6 → 5-5
Superman 4-6 → 5-5
Swamp Thing 4-6 → 5-5
Wonder Woman 3-7 → 4-6
These are better than the current numbers for sure. Also Grodd beats Darkseid, Deadshot, and Cyborg IMO.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
GRODD ONLY LOSES A FEW MU'S. HE LOSES TO THE FOLLOWING, AQUAMAN 7-3, WOWO 6-4, ROBIN 6-4, BATMAN 6-4 POSSIBLE 5-5, STARFIRE 6-4, AND I FEEL BANE IS LOW KEY BAD MU FOR GRODD BUT THATS JUST ME
No one really knows tbh it's just weird to play for both people. All I know is Grodd is actually pretty good at breaking armour on reads