What's new

Breakthrough 50/50 whiff reset.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
Alright, here we go. So, after a MB Swamp hands , depending on spacing, Grundy can whiff a d1, which allows the opponent to block the next hit, but resets the combo. While this has been known for a while, I'm finally figuring out some set ups for it. From the MB SH you can whiff a d1 and go into an ambiguous j2 for the cross up, or a j1 to hit normally. This cannot be forward or back dashed, nor can characters like Superman super out of it, jumped in any directions, or MB F/B3ed through. You are forced to guess whether or not you will be crossed up. Even on block, flashes reversal cannot punish to j1, or j2.

So, yeah, like I said, you can make the j2 ambiguous by delaying the time of the 1 MB swamp hands to control the spacing. In my videos, after a MB Swamp Hands, if I j2 xx B1 it means I crossed up, if I j2 xx F1 it means I did not cross up.

To get the 50/50 off the MB BF2, you do a slight step forward, 11 MB SH to put you at whiffing d1 distance make the j2 cross up, or you can do j1 to not cross up.

After a BGB, you B3, j2 at the moment your opponent is closest to you in air, 1 MB SH into d1 whiff and make the j2 cross up or use j1 to not.

Here is a mix of using MB BF2 and a BGB with the ambiguous j2.

And here is some corner only tech. After a MB WC in the corner, you can d2, 1 xx MB Swamp hands, whiff the d1, j2 for the cross up, or j1 for the normal hit.

And finally, the set up after a F3. I think we can add another layer to the reset after the whiffing d1 by doing a f3, or you could go for a f1. So you would have to guess whether you are going to get crossed up or not, or if you are going to get hit by a low or overhead.

@Mikemetroid
@ll Nooby ll
@fr stack
@RDK|Tyrant
@juicepouch
@NRF CharlieMurphy
@Josh Owens

Shout outs to @AK L0rdoftheFLY for helping me test. ;)

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Alright, here we go. So, after a MB Swamp hands , depending on spacing, Grundy can whiff a d1, which allows the opponent to block the next hit, but resets the combo. While this has been known for a while, I'm finally figuring out some set ups for it. From the MB SH you can whiff a d1 and go into an ambiguous j2 for the cross up, or a j1 to hit normally. This cannot be forward or back dashed, nor can characters like Superman super out of it, jumped in any directions, or MB F/B3ed through. You are forced to guess whether or not you will be crossed up. Even on block, flashes reversal cannot punish to j1, or j2.

So, yeah, like I said, you can make the j2 ambiguous by delaying the time of the 1 MB swamp hands to control the spacing. In my videos, after a MB Swamp Hands, if I j2 xx B1 it means I crossed up, if I j2 xx F1 it means I did not cross up.

To get the 50/50 off the MB BF2, you do a slight step forward, 11 MB SH to put you at whiffing d1 distance make the j2 cross up, or you can do j1 to not cross up.

After a BGB, you B3, j2 at the moment your opponent is closest to you in air, 1 MB SH into d1 whiff and make the j2 cross up or use j1 to not.

Here is a mix of using MB BF2 and a BGB with the ambiguous j2.

And here is some corner only tech. After a MB WC in the corner, you can d2, 1 xx MB Swamp hands, whiff the d1, j2 for the cross up, or j1 for the normal hit.

And finally, the set up after a F3. I think we can add another layer to the reset after the whiffing d1 by doing a f3, or you could go for a f1. So you would have to guess whether you are going to get crossed up or not, or if you are going to get hit by a low or overhead.

@Mikemetroid
@ll Nooby ll
@fr stack
@RDK|Tyrant
@juicepouch
@NRF CharlieMurphy
@Josh Owens
man...helped you test but I didn't even get a tag? ruthless

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nice stuff! The jump thing will really be a test of reactions, but the whole thing isn't really a 33/33/33 :/ Grundy's jump is really slow so it's pretty easy to see coming, but knowing whether it'll cross up or not is an interesting concept. His normal are pretty slow so you can probably react to them too but god knows how many setups there are off of a blocked attempt

HP Hatecraft

this is great , ive been tryin to do the same type of reset but off a MB swamp hands , WCC .. couldnt get it to cross up though , gonna hit the lab now :)
@HP Hatecraft
Let me know what you think and if you find anything! Especially a way to escape it if we are perfect with our execution, or any more set ups.

HP Hatecraft

Anybody had the chance to mess with this yet? Was wondering if anybody found anything worth adding to this.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Because I didn't know you had ETC at the front of your name!? I was wondering why I couldn't tag you, I just kept finding admiral_aug. I have the worst habit of forgetting to tag people. Just ask Fly. ;)
I still love you.

I like all these vids and concepts a lot. I'll make sure to practice some of these before the tournament coming up this weekend.

GRUNDY FORUM BE LIKE:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i was wondering if grundle could activate grave rot and still have time to do these set ups? it would count the reset and you have a little extra damage with grave rot.