What's new

43% 1 meter combo with Reptile thats actually EASY

Milkman

Reptile <3
Heres what I do, jump in punch, 2, fast forceball, NJP, ex acid hand, dash in(completely), 3,2, slow forceball, 3,2,1, slide. 43% and only 1 meter very good.

What I love about this is that I can still replace the last slide for an EX slow ball for more pressure.

Only problem I see with this combo is at the start, if its not hit confirmed your going to be eating a full combo. If your reflexes are fast enough you should be able to cancel into acid hand after the 2 to be safe, or a slide to mix it up. Just practice timing the hit confirm. What I do is if they block the jump in punch, I assume they will block the 2 so I just automatically cancel into acid hand or slide instead of taking the risk.

Compared to the usual 3,2,1, xx elbow dash, njp, 3,2,fast forceball, 3,2 ex slow forceball, 3,2,1, slide it is much easier to do. The harder combo however does have much more mixup potential.

GhosT

Noob
my execution after green hand is bad. Tips on getting in range for the 32 after ex green hand?.. if i dash twice im too late if i dash once i whiff.. Tips ?

Milkman

Reptile <3
You have to move in a bit right before executing the ex acid hand, this will put you in position to connect the 3,2 after one dash.

Milkman

Reptile <3
Yesss!

Oh and if anyone is having trouble on the NJP part of the combo, try pressing punch just a little bit after you leave the ground.

deREP

Noob
Heres what I do, jump in punch, 2, fast forceball, NJP, ex acid hand, 3,2, slow forceball, 3,2,1, slide. 43% and only 1 meter very good.

What I love about this is that I can still replace the last slide for an EX slow ball for more pressure.

Only problem I see with this combo is at the start, if its not hit confirmed your going to be eating a full combo.
Well you could jump in punch 1, 1,2,2 and if hes blocking hit 1 for final hit and it will be safe.
if you land the jump punch do the forceball.

are you missing a dash after the ex acid hand or is it not needed ?

Milkman

Reptile <3
Yeah good point let me edit that.

@Scoot its really tough online but if your reflexes are fast enough you can cancel into either acid hand or slide.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I've always had trouble landing the NJP after a reg fb. I've always done JIP - 122 - Exfb- NJP - 32- sfb - 321- slide for 40% damage.

At home on my tv I can land the elbow whiff combo almost 95% of the time which is 40% meterless. When I go to a friends house or anywhere else I can never land this lol

was messing around with milkman's idea and came up with a pretty easy alternative combo for the BnB that is 38% meterless.

JIP, 2, fb, NJP, 3, 2, sfb, 3, 2, 1, slide

gonna make this my new BnB and see how it goes online....

EDIT: Just practiced combining my idea and your's RapZiLLa, and if you start with the JIP,2 into Exfb instead of JIP,1,2,2 then you pick up another 1%...could use the beginnings as a sort of mixup i guess? just ideas...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
you can still do a 51% midscreen combo with 3 bars...

ex invis, jump in punch 321, whif dash, njp, ex acid hand, 12 slowforceball, 12 ex fastforceball, 12 slide

pretty damn hard though lol

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm always too far away after EX acid hand and dashing in I still miss the 3, 2. After I hit with the NJP, do I need to do a complete dash and hit them with acid hand or am I supposed to just take a few steps?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Getting the timing down on the dash whiff NJP combo is a lot easier than learning how to hit confirm off of jump 1/2 2. Also on block you will land more chip damage of jump 1/2 321 xx whatever then you would on jump 1/2 2 xx whatever. 321 can also be easily canceled into ex invis for good pressure or canceled into nothing and continue your blockstring with something like 1221 or D+4 xx hand.

Milkman

Reptile <3
Getting the timing down on the dash whiff NJP combo is a lot easier than learning how to hit confirm off of jump 1/2 2. Also on block you will land more chip damage of jump 1/2 321 xx whatever then you would on jump 1/2 2 xx whatever. 321 can also be easily canceled into ex invis for good pressure or canceled into nothing and continue your blockstring with something like 1221 or D+4 xx hand.
I already have the timing down on the dash whiff NJP combo, and you don't HAVE to learn how to hit confirm this one just to use it. I was just posting this combo out to help people out that were having trouble on the dash whiff NJP combo. And yes you can do more chip damage with the other combo but its always good to mix things up with new stuff, who knows maybe your opponent doesn't recognize what your doing and it's free damage right there.

@Porkchop Nah man that was not me.

@Citizen Ok I just went back into training mode, and I can hit the 3,2 after ex acid hand with just one (complete) dash. You DON'T need to move after the NJP, just make sure that you do a complete dash after the ex acid hand, you will be close enough for the 3,2. Don't forget, Reptile has long legs ;)

EASY 39%, no n.p - 1 meter

j.p 32 exfastforceball 32 slowforceball 321 slide

or a 43% with n.p - 1 meter

j.p 32exfastforceball n.p 32 slowforceball 321slide

^this one starts with the 32 which can combo into exsfb pretty easily, but the 32 cannot combo into a regular fb. No double dashing, just one n.p that is pretty easy to hit then the rest feels just like the normal BnB

EASY 39%, no n.p - 1 meter

j.p 32 exfastforceball 32 slowforceball 321 slide

or a 43% with n.p - 1 meter

j.p 32exfastforceball n.p 32 slowforceball 321slide

^this one starts with the 32 which can combo into exsfb pretty easily, but the 32 cannot combo into a regular fb. No double dashing, just one n.p that is pretty easy to hit then the rest feels just like the normal BnB
love this one, plenty of room to spin off into an exacid hand instead of a slowforceball, this combo can hit up to 43% depending on how you follow up the exfforceball

GhosT

Noob
shit this combo is not as easy as you say! Its giiving me hell. After the njp you say to get in to acid hand. are u saying take a step or dash the acid hand. it seems like you have a small window and distance as far as how far your juggle can fall and how far or close you need to be when acid hand hits. damn reptile for having slow move speeds lol.

Help me out milk, should i dash after njp or take a step before acid hand?

tbh man imo the njp is not worth it, the success rate is not worth the failure rate. if you skip the njp you are ensured 39% if you hit the njp you get 43% but if you miss.. 20% over the course of the fight what is worth more? 39+39 or 20+43 if the 4% is what makes you tick then just do a little rundown in between the combos to throw them off. the videos you see online with people doing the NJP- thats why its on the video.. what you dont see is the 3 or 4 tries it took to land.

tbh man the njp is not worth it, the success rate is not worth the failure rate. if you skip the njp you are ensured 39% if you hit the njp you get 43% but if you miss.. 20% over the course of the fight what is worth more? 39+39 or 20+43 if the 4% is what makes you tick then just do a little rundown in between the combos to throw them off. the videos you see online with people doing the NJP- thats why its on the video.. what you dont see is the 3 or 4 tries it took to land.
This is not true...many people can hit the NJ pinch 100% of the time on every Reptile Combo! I plink/piano the 1/2 on all combo's that require a NJP. After enough practice you shouldn't be dropping the NJP anymore.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I already have the timing down on the dash whiff NJP combo, and you don't HAVE to learn how to hit confirm this one just to use it. I was just posting this combo out to help people out that were having trouble on the dash whiff NJP combo. And yes you can do more chip damage with the other combo but its always good to mix things up with new stuff, who knows maybe your opponent doesn't recognize what your doing and it's free damage right there.
I understand what you're trying to do man but if you don't hit confirm it everyone who does it and get's it blocked is going to get smashed with a full combo. You DO have to learn to hit confirm something like that. Relying on the guy to fuck up and stop blocking because the string doesn't look familiar really isn't a solid strategy either, it's not going to work on anyone good.

My suggestion, if you can't do 321 xx dash njp slow ball fast ball 321 xx whatever stick with 122 xx ball (njp if you can) 32xx ball 321 whatever. if you want to mix it up and get someone to stop blocking do standing 1 delay and do 321. Thats just an example. You can do 1, 1, D+3, grab,/ 1, d+4 xx hand/122xxball. Theres so much better stuff you can use.

This is not true...many people can hit the NJ pinch 100% of the time on every Reptile Combo! I plink/piano the 1/2 on all combo's that require a NJP. After enough practice you shouldn't be dropping the NJP anymore.
i understand what you are saying man, thats why i started the statement with IMO (in my opinion) my personal experience with NJP is such... at first 1 in 6 attempts that way when i first started trying the njp off a 3.2.1 whiff now i am up to 1 out of 3 simply on muscle memory, however if you mean to tell me you or anyone can nail it 100% online then please link a video of an online matchup with someone repeatidly landing it. muscle memory can only do so much against the delay being different in every match up. true to the point that muscle memory can only do so much on timing that strict in the first place

I need to make a formal apology here, after devotion time 4:17:23 on reptile i finally found the correct way to time the NJP -reptile needs to just barely be leaving the ground when you hit 2 following that theory i just went 30/30 attempts in practice.