What's new

4 gate vs 8 gate vs circular

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
how a octagonal gate can be smoother? if you make a 360 move on a octagonal you feel 8 ways, on a square only 4.
obviously the square gate feels smoother.
but, again, in 3D games you dont have 360 or half circle motions, so it does not matter.
Lol, you must be trolling now. Try rolling a square wheel and then try rolling an octagonal wheel. Which one is going to give a smoother ride.

I am done arguing this with you. I have provided a reference site that gives facts and backs it up by numbers. You are entitled to think what you want, but you have presented no facts but just your opinion. Good games to you.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Octagonal makes doing QCF movements easier.

I prefer the Square gate because I like to know that I'm holding d/b. There have been too many times in 2D MK games where I thought I was blocking d/b only to get thrown and in Tekken where you are thinking you are holding d/b only to get hit with Heihachi hellsweeps is rage inducing.

Square gate ftw

Octagonal makes doing QCF movements easier.

I prefer the Square gate because I like to know that I'm holding d/b. There have been too many times in 2D MK games where I thought I was blocking d/b only to get thrown and in Tekken where you are thinking you are holding d/b only to get hit with Heihachi hellsweeps is rage inducing.

Square gate ftw
Question, when you buy a new mad catz stick, according to you which is the default gate?
i ask because according to your description you should say "octagonal FTW" :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Question, when you buy a new mad catz stick, according to you which is the default gate?
i ask because according to your description you should say "octagonal FTW" :)
I'm confused... The only plus I listed for octagonal was that qcf motions are easier.

Default madcatz TE are square gate.

timka4

Noob
Ok so the trade off for square or octa is accuracy for comfort? Is the square gate really that uncomfortable/feel unatural?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's preference. I suggest you try them and see what works best for you.

Most people use the square gate.

timka4

Noob
Ok square gate it is, now down to which square gate lol. One of the websites posted above said there were 3 types of square gate, I was thinking the square on the corner looks the best. It's annoying as well I'm an Australian and for some reason some of the sticks can't be sent to australia from amazon. Is the Hori mini 3 any good or is it too small?

timka4

Noob
Read many of places. Got the wwe brawlstick. Heard it's great for the price, no bad review besides the bad artwork on top. Anyone tried it before?

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Read many of places. Got the wwe brawlstick. Heard it's great for the price, no bad review besides the bad artwork on top. Anyone tried it before?
If you spent less than $70 on it it's a pretty good deal.

Joystick is decent, depending on the characters and what fighting games you are playing the buttons are alright.

My only complaint about it was how light it is. I'm used to MAS and TE sticks though.

For MK9, SF4, INJ, which would be better square, octa or circ?
To be more specific, atm I main cyrax and smoke 2nd. And for SF4 Fei Long is the only one I really messed with since his inputs are pretty easy to do on pad, however cuz of pad I'm limited to exploring more characters that I would like.
Help pls.