What's new

124~UM Set-Ups?

I didn't want to make an entire thread for this but I couldn't think of the right place to post this.

Something that I've taken to doing recently is whenever I land a b34 or a naked TU, instead of burning the meter for damage, I've started going for 124~UM. It's safe from most most wake-ups ( except EX Shake) and puts you just about back into iaTU range (depending on your reactions).

Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to be doing this?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I didn't want to make an entire thread for this but I couldn't think of the right place to post this.

Something that I've taken to doing recently is whenever I land a b34 or a naked TU, instead of burning the meter for damage, I've started going for 124~UM. It's safe from most most wake-ups ( except EX Shake) and puts you just about back into iaTU range (depending on your reactions).

Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to be doing this?
I will try it.What i do is finishing with F4 UM(they are closer and you can punish them if they do mistake and it is safe) or after En tele B3(4) for more preassure, cause the 4 picks them from the ground.

NKZero

Noob
Midscreen when I land just a TU or just B34 instead of using meter for damage I've started going for (b34~)TU~124~UM. I was curious what everyone though of this.
i think the best time to go for missile set-ups is when you have used a bar in your combos because you have already netted 40% or near to it before launching an up missile. here you are sacrificing way too much damage to go for a UM set-up but that is just my opinion. i would just go for damage on meter-less combos.

anyways to really answer your question i think it appears to be a solid set-up though i haven't tested it yet. perhaps you could do b34-TU-b21-b3-up missile for more damage but yes the combo is pretty hard to pull off mid-screen.

ryublaze

Noob
I think this is a superior setup to B3, 4, TU, JK, TU, Up Missile.

B3, 4, TU, F4, dash, 1, 2, 4, Up Missile does more damage and it's easy to do. I'm not sure whether it is better in other combos. I tried doing 1, 2, 4 after his 1, 2, B1 combos but it needs to have good timing otherwise the 4 will whiff.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
How about other combos to set up the Up Missile? Like 2, 1 into Up Missile from a juggle?
(ex: 1, 2, Away+1 - Toward+4, 4 / Teleport Uppercut >> 2, 1 / Up Missile)