What's new

Tech 123 Knockdown Frame-Trap.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
karaokelove, that's not entirely true, I can beat invincible wake-ups like Doomsdays Venom. Are you gonna tell me Doomsday's Venom is not invincible, cause I can knock him down and engage B1U2 at the exact window and launch him into full combo. and I can do that with EVERY character and EVERY wake-up except for the Flash and his lighting charge and Flash uppercut.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
You should be able to back dash or b3/f3~Mb or even full combo punish this with a fast normal because you are not hitting on them on the first frame. Try find something that will hit them on the first frame otherwise you will get punished every time for trying this.
You have no idea how tight the window is lol. I am hitting on the first frame that is NOT invincible wake-up frame. I explained in the video, there is a point from standing up to transitioning into the special, and in that transition the character is vulnerable and you can screw them out of their wake-up into full combo punish back into the same situationist where they have to guess again, are you going overhead, low, or are you gonna bait and use armor.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
can u stay on the ground in this game like u can in mk9?

anyways, i hope i'll be able to learn all these tactics.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Zer0 Hundr3d you do know that invincible wake-ups will get you, this is a WINDOW that I discovered that does NOT have invincible frames and allows you to at the precise moment engage and wreck the wake-up into full combo.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Zer0 Hundr3d you do know that invincible wake-ups will get you, this is a WINDOW that I discovered that does NOT have invincible frames and allows you to at the precise engage and wreck the wake-up into full combo.
Of course, different wake-ups have diff invincible windows as well. But what I'm saying is that D3s are a hard knockdown that eliminate wake-ups. IDK why in practice mode the AI could still wake-up but I can't seem to do it in an actual match nor have I seen anyone else do.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
We probably are not familiar with how to wake-up in this game properly, i mean cause if the AI could do something it means we should be able to also...unless training room has different properties than the actual game altogether, which would be...errr shit?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
karaokelove, that's not entirely true, I can beat invincible wake-ups like Doomsdays Venom. Are you gonna tell me Doomsday's Venom is not invincible, cause I can knock him down and engage B1U2 at the exact window and launch him into full combo. and I can do that with EVERY character and EVERY wake-up except for the Flash and his lighting charge and Flash uppercut.
I can't speak for Doomsday because I haven't tested him too extensively. You could totally be right; just in my experience every character can stuff the non-invincible wakeups, but invincible wakeups won't get stuffed on hit.

LaR

Noob
You have no idea how tight the window is lol. I am hitting on the first frame that is NOT invincible wake-up frame. I explained in the video, there is a point from standing up to transitioning into the special, and in that transition the character is vulnerable and you can screw them out of their wake-up into full combo punish back into the same situationist where they have to guess again, are you going overhead, low, or are you gonna bait and use armor.
That doesn't matter wake ups have about 7 or 8 frames of invincibility so you can easily back dash out of this or full combo punish with a fast normal. You need to find a meaty attack to go along with this otherwise you will be punished every time.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
LaR I'm not sure if you fully understand what is happening here, this is a trap and a set-up, it retrospect it can be a sub-vortex.

LaR

Noob
LaR I'm not sure if you fully understand what is happening here, this is a trap and a set-up, it retrospect it can be a sub-vortex.
No you are not understanding me this can be back dashed or full combo punished what part don’t you understand?.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
are you insane how are you gonna back dash once you've committed to a wake-up. I've studied this games animation sprites I can TELL if you're going to wake up or not. AND if you happen to back dash right away from a knockdown you'll get launched by the low attack. I think we're having a miscommunication here.

LaR

Noob
are you insane how are you gonna back dash once you've committed to a wake-up. I've studied this games animation sprites I can TELL if you're going to wake up or not. AND if you happen to back dash right away from a knockdown you'll get launched by the low attack. I think we're having a miscommunication here.
I'll try explain better as far as i know wake ups have 7 0r 8 invincibility frames so if you are doing an attack that is beating there wake ups then there is a 7 0r 8 frame gap for you to interrupt. Now if you find a move that will hit them on the first frame they get up this will stop them from trying to interrupt you but this will lose to wake ups. So your mix up would be do your attack that stuffs wake ups or do your attack that can't be interrupted.

Thanks for the tip, its really appreciated. I have spend time in training mode to improve upon my deathstroke. Im currently 137-38 on xbox live but still find gaps in my game that i want to improve upon. Thanks

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I'll try explain better as far as i know wake ups have 7 0r 8 invincibility frames so if you are doing an attack that is beating there wake ups then there is a 7 0r 8 frame gap for you to interrupt. Now if you find a move that will hit them on the first frame they get up this will stop them from trying to interrupt you but this will lose to wake ups. So your mix up would be do your attack that stuffs wake ups or do your attack that can't be interrupted.
Agreed.