What's new

Strategy 112(4) staples, Unbreakables, Skarlet vs Cyrax MU vid

ryublaze

Noob
Great videos L0rdoftheFLY . I guess that's why i never do d3 into F4 lol I'm always afraid they'll jump or something. I've always been doing d3 into 1,1,4 or D4. You can block their jip in time if you D4 and also D4 hits low and is her next fastest option. F4 is better if it hits though cuz u can link it into a combo.

You're actually at -7 after forward throw neutral red dash so KL can spin you :p I've done forward throw into another forward throw before lol then next time you neutral red dash you punish their wake-up attack. Fun mindgames

Those unbreakables are cool. I didn't know about doing EX Dagger twice. I usually empty jump in into blockstring but it might be better to just throw them cuz they can let go of block during your blockstrings and break.

Another sort of unbreakable gimmick I've been doing is forward throw into iaEX Air Dagger. Idk if it prevents wake-up attacks but a lot of people I've been doing it on have gotten hit by the air dagger (which of course can be blocked everytime) but it surprises them and they get hit. I'm not sure if it's worth it cuz it doesn't do much damage. Also they most likely won't wake-up attack after the forward throw unless they see u red dash.

ryublaze

Noob
Why EX Dagger to create space when 1,1,2 1,1,4 and 2,1,2 already create good pushback? I don't think Cyrax can punish 2,1,2 on block which is -9 or you can do regular dagger toss to make it -7. Shouldn't you be using meter for breakers more? I think standing reset into throw/2,1,2 mix-up is good in this MU.

A little more theory fighting here but I think dagger toss on the ground isn't too bad, just dont do it a lot. Like if he throws a bomb u can dagger toss and dash cancel and probably still be able to block or EX red dash through net in time. EX Red Dash into up slash through net is really big in this MU IMO.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why EX Dagger to create space when 1,1,2 1,1,4 and 2,1,2 already create good pushback? I don't think Cyrax can punish 2,1,2 on block which is -9 or you can do regular dagger toss to make it -7. Shouldn't you be using meter for breakers more? I think standing reset into throw/2,1,2 mix-up is good in this MU.

A little more theory fighting here but I think dagger toss on the ground isn't too bad, just dont do it a lot. Like if he throws a bomb u can dagger toss and dash cancel and probably still be able to block or EX red dash through net in time. EX Red Dash into up slash through net is really big in this MU IMO.
Yea but the spacing just isn't as large. AND against cyrax, he can't armor so this option becomes unescapeable. 112/4 can be armored or poked. Idk, I just like using meter to guarantee my space

Good videos as usual. I love the skarlet players. Always helpful. I'm pushing skarlet to be my number two and you fellas make it easier with all these videos/threads.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Can he punish it with the pushback from 2,1,2? and if u do dagger toss you'll be at -7 instead.
Being at -7 is still a problem. The goal is to get him off. At -7 he can dash and AA u as u jump away. He can poke first, he can dash d4, and he can comand grab if you block.
If you can create space and be neutral frames, why not?

AssassiN

Noob
Good videos, liked the unbreakables a lot.
To comment on the first vid, this was something that I was struggling with 2 months ago.
Then I studied up and started doing other shit. Against opponents where you have to give the pressure it's not ok to just say "I'm always gonna do 112/4 after my D3 hits". For example Cage will just poke you out of it and you have to block his pressure.
Universal D3 is -7 on block, Skarlet's D3 is against standing opponents on hit +3 while it's +7 on crouching opponents. If you block a D3 and just-frame a D3 back you'll be able to do F4 at 6 frames. Meaning you'll hit jumping opponents and crouching opponents if you space it out correctly.
It sucks that Skarlet has this meta-game with pokes while other characters have fast hitting normals where it's pretty much guaranteed.

Since then I also started using F3 and F31.
It's slow but it punishes pokes + has more reach than F4 when the opponent is crouching.
The downside is that the opponent has a huge window to whiff punish it.

ryublaze

Noob
Being at -7 is still a problem. The goal is to get him off. At -7 he can dash and AA u as u jump away. He can poke first, he can dash d4, and he can comand grab if you block.
If you can create space and be neutral frames, why not?
I guess it depends on preference. I'd rather be at small disadvantage and save the bar of meter for a breaker.