What's new

Strategy 100% Reset Loops and you

Situation: You have already caught your opponent in a combo, and have just successfully reset them with EX smoke bomb. Hooray! What do you do now?

Midscreen:

(after EXsb reset) > 32 > 3d12, f4~EXSB. This should be your standard loop midscreen for all reset loops. As we all know, smoke is VERY capable of dealing 100% damage with 2 meters, and there are extremely easy variants that sacrifice an extra bar to essentially guarantee your damage if you so choose. Looping resets isn't too tricky in all honesty. It's much harder than herp derp cyrax resets, but with practice you'll have these down pat.

Corner:

I'm working on some absolutely retarded loops here. I'll share once I perfect them and decide they're actually viable, but until then stay tuned. What do you guys use to loop resets in the corner? There is something better than just repeating f4~ex bomb over and over.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
In the corner: b23, teleport punch, d1 ~ sb, f4~ex sb, f4~ ex sb. I find it difficult to do something like 3,2 , F4~ex sb as a second loop when the opponent is directly up against the corner

TonyT has a smoke corner triple reset. Its like 160 something percent. Ill post video when I get off work.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Good stuff FO! Can't wait to see your corner loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah my corner loops actually suck cocks. I still can't find an easily repeatable loops that's better than just repeated naked f4's. :( I thought I had something for you guys but I was wrong.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG ABOUT BEING WRONG. READ BELOW

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ya, 32 3d12 f4 ex bomb all day if that is the situation. Sometimes I will just do a normal ender if I want to keep a few meters for breaker or whatever. Just depends on the opponent and character you are fighting sometimes I guess

Glad everyone agrees on the midscreen loop. Honestly it's way easier than the "CDjr tech" in many people's opinions, looks cooler, carries farther into the corner, and does a lot more damage.

I'm convinced that smoke simply MUST be able to do something other than f4~exbomb over and over in the corner.

Here's what I've got, and I promise you're going to like it.

Reset 1 (in corner) > dash into corner, max height 32 < backdash, immediate f4~ex bomb (reset 2), 32 32 32 214

You'll get a lot of standing 4's instead of your regular f4 at the second reset. This is normal. Keep practicing.

I don't see any smokes doing this, y'all bros need to start practicing and see if you can get it consistent.

3d12, njp > > 3d12 > 3d12 > d4~bomb, f4~EX Bomb (into corner), 32 < f4~EX Bomb (reset 2), 32, 32, 32, 214. Does something like 105%. You don't even need the NJP to break 100%.

You get the same damage with 21 and b23. Smoke gets 100% off of ANY TOUCH for 2 bars. Go practice this, NOW.

Smoke just got a lot more fucked up (assuming people listen to me and learn double resets)

RiBBz22

Glad everyone agrees on the midscreen loop. Honestly it's way easier than the "CDjr tech" in many people's opinions, looks cooler, carries farther into the corner, and does a lot more damage.

I'm convinced that smoke simply MUST be able to do something other than f4~exbomb over and over in the corner.

Here's what I've got, but I'm not consistent with it yet and I'm not sure if anyone else can be.

Reset 1 (in corner) > dash into corner, max height 32 < backdash, immediate f4~ex bomb (reset 2), 32 32 32 214

I get a lot of standing 4's, but that can probably be rectified with practice.

I don't see any smokes doing this, y'all bros need to start practicing and see if you can get it consistent.

3d12, njp > > 3d12 > 3d12 > d4~bomb, f4~EX Bomb (into corner), 32 < f4~EX Bomb (reset 2), 32, 32, 32, 214. Does something like 105%. You don't even need the NJP to break 100%.
What happens if you do the three 32 's instead of the two 3d12 's is the rest of that possible? I normally just do 3d12 njp >> 32, 32, 32, 21~bomb, f4~EX bomb, 32, 32, 32, 214 invisible unless I am feeling wild and untamed and want to go for reset 2.

RiBBz22 I am starting from midscreen which is why I'm using the 3d12 variant. This works the same in the corner if you do the 3x32 version.

I do that same setup just like every other smoke does, but what I'm saying here is that 100% for 2 bars is VIABLE. Hitting a 32 before your second f4 reset isn't too hard once you practice it. Smoke's damage is already dangerous as it is... now he's able to completely kill you off of just about any touch for 2 bars.

Oh, and a naked smoke bomb does exactly 100%. Forgot to mention that.

Man I've been double baring clowns since I was tall enough to honk noses.
:)

At least I've put on paper a standard method of doing it though that standardizes things, meaning you need less height judgement in the middle of a game. I wouldn't qualify this as "new tech" or anything, but I think this is something everyone needs to be practicing for sure. This combo removes a lot of variables... but not quite all of them since the goal here is 100% ;)

b2~sb is 100% exactly as well

RiBBz22

RiBBz22 I am starting from midscreen which is why I'm using the 3d12 variant. This works the same in the corner if you do the 3x32 version.

I do that same setup just like every other smoke does, but what I'm saying here is that 100% for 2 bars is VIABLE. Hitting a 32 before your second f4 reset isn't too hard once you practice it. Smoke's damage is already dangerous as it is... now he's able to completely kill you off of just about any touch for 2 bars.

Oh, and a naked smoke bomb does exactly 100%. Forgot to mention that.
Ah, I gotcha... ya, hitting the 32 before the next reset isn't too bad and it kind of forces you to just react fast when doing the f4 and not have to wait and time the opponent on a large free fall w/o a juggle.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to discuss this, but in general what I do is...

mid screen: b23, 32, 3d12, f4, exsb, 32, f4, exsb *now pressed in corner* 32,32,32, 214. 100%
mid screen: 21sb,njp teleport, dash*at the lowest possible point, I find this to be the easiest way to pull off this reset* 3d12, 32, f4 exsb, 32 32 32, 214.

I do see what you're talking about how if I'm pressed in the corner and want to double reset, I need to practice that.

BTW is there an easy way to time the njp off of the 3d12? I can't always get it and I would hate to risk losing a full combo. I do that in the corner though.

BTW is there an easy way to time the njp off of the 3d12? I can't always get it and I would hate to risk losing a full combo. I do that in the corner though.
You just have to figure it out, honestly. Slide your finger across 1 to 2, gives you double the odds of hitting it lol. For a time whenever I'd hit 3d12, and I hitconfirm in time, I would take my hand off its normal position and put it on top of my controller as if I was using a stick, and MASH THE FUCK out of 1 and 2. Worked great lmao, I dont do that anymore though haha

matterovermind

mindundermatter
sorry could you remind me of what the CDJR method is again (i tried looking)? I thought his method was starting the reset loop with an ex sb

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I just go for 214 Smoke F. ender in the corner. Then Block,Nj, D1 smokebomb or 3d12. Smoke appears on the same side and can be tricky to wake up right. Ok sometimes i am using the F4 en smoke bomb. By the way, i have been trying those resets on the Vita and they never worked. Does anyone know if they are gone on the Vita.

I just go for 214 Smoke F. ender in the corner. Then Block,Nj, D1 smokebomb or 3d12. Smoke appears on the same side and can be tricky to wake up right. Ok sometimes i am using the F4 en smoke bomb. By the way, i have been trying those resets on the Vita and they never worked. Does anyone know if they are gone on the Vita.
The point of this thread is 100% reset loops, oki setups are better discussed elsewhere.

Smoke's f4 reset was patched out on the Vita, it is not possible on that system.

sorry could you remind me of what the CDJR method is again (i tried looking)? I thought his method was starting the reset loop with an ex sb
The CDjr method is after a naked smoke bomb, to dash in and do 3d12 at the earliest possible frame that all 3 hits will connect, then to stand still for roughly 30 frames, and then perform the f4~ex bomb. I think. It's been so long since I've done it that way.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I that case i am findig the CD's reset not that easy to time. It is easyer to do (after naked bomb) 32, dasf 3d12 f4 en smoke bomb. Wall carry and easyer to time the F4.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
FrothyOmen how ive been doing the reset in the corner is just to buffer a backdash into 32 and then do 32 f4 EX bomb

If you reset them into the corner you can also just telepunch under them after the EX bomb, reset them with the midscreen version and telepunch under them again and finish with them back into the corner for another reset.

Swag all day, swag all night.

Just to note; after ANY resetting smokebomb you have time to buffer telepunch and catch them with 32 again.

If you reset them into the corner you can also just telepunch under them after the EX bomb, reset them with the midscreen version and telepunch under them again and finish with them back into the corner for another
Lmao, I've been screwing around with this too, it is definitely swag to the maximum. I'm just not sure the world is ready for that level of broken yet :coffee: