What's new

[10/28/15] Wednesday Night Fights 2015 4.2 (Santa Ana, California)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
LevelUp returns with their signature weekly series, Wednesday Night Fights, including Mortal Kombat X as a main showcased game!

At the debut of the season last week, we had almost 40 players in attendance including EGP RM Nubcakes, Khaotic Armor, oNe87_DJAA, and other big SoCal names.

LevelUp was kind enough to stream the top 3 last week, but this pools will be streamed on my channel starting at around 9PM PST!
http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef

Where:
eSports Arena
120 West 5th Street Santa Ana, California 92701

When:
10/28/15
9:30 PM Pacific Time Tournament Start

Cost:
10$ Venue Fee
5$ Per Game
You can also purchase a 13$ Monthly Pass to get 5$ off your venue fee for the whole month and save money!

Rules:
2/3 Games
Playstation 4

Full info from the LevelUp facebook page:

Weds Night Fights 2015 Tournament Season

After 3 successful online edition seasons, we have showcased new talents in Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct communities. The online platform is an integral part of community growth which helps in discovering new strategies, match ups, and new regions. We want to say thank you to all that have participated in the Online Edition of WNF and hope everyone keeps practicing for the next major event! Are we done with WNF Online? We are taking a break from the WNF online platform and planning new opportunities for 2016. Stay tuned!

Moving forward, we are excited to formally announce Weds Night Fights returning to the live experience this Fall Season at eSports Arena! We have been working extremely hard in parallel to our Online, Prelude, and SCR events to plan the next chapter for WNF and it’s finally coming this October 21! Let’s get to it!

We are taking Weds Night Fights back to it’s roots by only focusing on Wednesday as the main night to host fighting game competition. Not only that, we are inviting the ENTIRE fighting game community and favorite titles to the event. Any era of fighting games from the 90′s to modern titles, we will have space for any game the community wishes support. The action doesn’t stop there. We are also introducing an inclusive community building program which will help achieve your goals in growing your scene, promoting your brand, and streaming opportunities.

Bring Your Own Console (BYOC)

One of the core features of Weds Night Fights is having dedicated BYOC sections throughout eSports Arena. We feel having a BYOC at all times increases the amount of play time for tournament players and to introduce new players to the scene. We have 2 levels of BYOC space throughout the venue so first come, first serve to set up shop with your favorite titles! (Please Note: We have limited supplies of consoles since many are used for WNF tournaments.)

Community Building at WNF

Many community members join events and eventually are interested in starting a scene on their own. Finding affordable venue space with adequate power, internet, tables, and chairs however can be extremely overwhelming for anybody including us! (SCR venue hunting!). We understand the hardships and want to offer you an opportunity to grow the scene the right way. We want to work with passionate members of the community to be ambassadors of your favorite titles. If you are interested in community building, we will provide you/your organization a road map on how to promote, run tournaments, acquire set ups, and stream on your own channel at WNF! Your event will be promoted throughout our social mediums every week and your stream channel will be part of our Level Up Team Member’s page on Twitch! All YouTube replays from your archives will also remain on your channel! If you are interested, please send us an email at [email protected]

Level Up Twitch Team Members:

http://twitch.tv/leveluplive – Main Stream – Ultra Street Fighter IV / Mortal Kombat

http://twitch.tv/nicktanella - Nick Tanella - Ultra Street Fighter 4 Pools

http://twitch.tv/2ggaming – 2GG – Smash 4

http://twitch.tv/jyosua – Jyosua / Tloc – Guilty Gear Xrd, Blazblue CPEX, UNIEL, etc.

http://twitch.tv/kevin_ha - Kevin Ha - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

http://twitch.tv/egpwonderchef - WonderChef - Mortal Kombat X

Weds Night Fights Fall Tournament Season

Fall Season begins October 21 at eSports Arena featuring the most popular fighting game titles all the way through December 16. We will have Main and Community driven events running concurrently at WNF. What’s the difference between Main and Community driven events? Main events are tournaments we are hosting with our current affiliates which will have sponsored prizing at the end of the Season. Community events are BYOC and start up community building effort tournaments. Community driven tournaments can have the standard buy in or $1 dollar tournaments, high roller, or even free to enter. The choice is up to the community to decide what works best!

Main Event Games

Ultra Street Fighter IV – PC (New Alienware Alpha)

Mortal Kombat X – PS4

Smash 4 – Wii U

Melee – Gamecube

Community Driven

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Xbox360

Killer Instinct – XboxOne

Guilty Gear Xrd – PS3

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend – PS3

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – PS3

UNIEL – PS3

Gamelist for BYOC (Limited consoles available!)

Ultra Street Fighter IV – PC / Xbox360

Mortal Kombat X – PS4

Smash 4 – Wii U

Melee – Gamecube

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Xbox360

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – PS3

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – PS3

Guilty Gear Xrd – PS3

UNIEL – PS3

Divekick – PS3

(If you want your title to be featured, feel free to let us know your community building plan so we can work with you! Reach out to us at [email protected])

Rules: We are using the SCR2015 ruleset for all Main and Community Driven tournaments - http://www.socalregionals.com/games

Weds Night Fights Fall Season – Road to Final Round 2016!

We’re excited to send our overall WNF Ultra Street Fighter IV champion to Final Round 2016! The highest point scorer on Dec. 16 wins the trip to Atlanta, Georgia to compete in the hypest tournament on Earth!

Season Prizes

Special season prizes from our sponsors will be awarded to finalists which includes Fight sticks from Arcade shock, apparel from Splitframe, Cloud II Headsets from HyperX, WNF shirts and more! Stay tuned for prize distribution breakdown!

Season Points Breakdown

1st 50 2nd 30 3rd 10 4th 5 5th 2 5th 2 7th 1 7th 1

Buy-in Prize Distribution

1st 60% 2nd 30% 3rd 10%

Weds Night Fights Competitor Pass: $10

Weds Night Fights competitor pass will give you access to main, community driven, and BYOC!

Main Game / Community Driven Buy-in: $5 (100% of the buy-in goes toward the prize distribution)

Casual hours: 12PM - 2AM
Tournament Start Time: 9:30PM

Spectator Pass

Spectating or just watching the action live is absolutely FREE!

eSports Arena Monthly Membership: $13 (For frequent competitors, this SAVES YOU MONEY and COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!)

If you purchase an eSports Arena membership, check out the following perks:

Discounts and Special Offers (50% off Weds Night Fights competitor pass all month long!)
Access to the Arena (Full access to Level Up FGC section and PCs for other genres of competitive gaming.)
Early Access to Events
Member Only Events
Dedicated Fighting Game Community Section provided by Level Up

If you are coming to practice on multiple days or meet up with friends for casuals, you can utilize the facility any day of the week with your membership or daily pass! As long as the facility isn’t fully booked by a private event, we are providing games to rushdown the competition!

Parking

Parking in downtown Santa Ana is FREE AFTER 8PM. The meters have new signs which say after 10PM but will not go in effect until January 2016. There are other alternatives such as nearby parking structures located here - http://www.downtown-santaana.com/dtsanew/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Downtown-Parking-Map.pdf

eSports Arena – http://esportsarena.com/

120 West 5th Street Santa Ana, California 92701

eSports Arena is North America’s first dedicated eSports facility. The Arena is a 15,000 square foot facility and located in downtown Orange County, California.
eSports Arena’s unique modular facility allows for small to large scale highly produced eSports and entertainment events. eSports Arena will also host daily video game competition, produce unique digital content, and rent space/equipment to the eSports/interactive entertainment industry at a fraction of the cost of traditional venues.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I live in la Habra California....i am still training my Sonya but this might be my first weekly tournament when i feel ready enough....probably in a month.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I live in la Habra California....i am still training my Sonya but this might be my first weekly tournament when i feel ready enough....probably in a month.
You should go anyway!

Trust me when I say there is NO better way to level up than to play in tournaments, even if you don't do well (and you'll probably do better than you think!)

WATCHD0G

Noob
You should go anyway!

Trust me when I say there is NO better way to level up than to play in tournaments, even if you don't do well (and you'll probably do better than you think!)
Lol thanks for the encouragement:). the reason why I said a month is cus school is a bit hectic right now and i need to plan ahead in order to make it. I am definitely coming sooner than later though, would like to meet some pro players in person and gain some experience

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I was/am an online warrior and Chef is right. Tourney XP is so worth it. Don't go with the expectation of taking it for your first tournament but enjoy the experience and meet ppl in your local scene. I got hooked after my first offline event.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Cannot be said enough. Get to your locals. WNF was always a blast and there's no feeling like actually playing against other people live. Valle does an amazing job putting these on and the SoCal crew is some of the best and most fun crowd out there. Major props to Nubcakes, Valle, and Wonderchef for constantly driving the scene there.

I just go where everyone else goes lol, they tend to be somewhere in LA, so I always have to drive a couple hours to get there
I'm going to be in the San Diego area over the next couple weeks. Hit me up if there is anything going on. Do they have the Wednesday night fights still?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm going to be in the San Diego area over the next couple weeks. Hit me up if there is anything going on. Do they have the Wednesday night fights still?
yeah wnf is still going on, and im not the best person to go to since i havent been able to go to tournaments for the past month due to me not having enough money to go