What's new

1/22... Kombat Network Comes Full Force, "Revolution X"

Hey would anyone in the area be willing to let me and my bros [MENTION=4772]blueNINE[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION] stay with them the Saturday before the tournament? I still want to go but the idea of driving 9 hours in a single day is kind of off putting. I'd rather spread that out over two days. Plus it would make the trip more worthwhile if I was going for two days instead of just one.
I would but my place is pretty small, especially for three guys. I live in a one bedroom place.

interloko, where are you staying?
I'll stay in a hotel at Central Park west. Is 20 minutes from Penn Station. As I see there is a train to Red Bank from there.
Now I'll take a look at the hotels for Sunday night.

If you need some help for anything just let me know and the sunday I can arrive early.

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
I swear to god its like Red Bank NJ doesn't exist to anybody.

cant even find flights instead of bus. And cant find nothing from albany to there from a bus.

If anybody can lend me some knowledge here I would appreciate it greatly. Im in St. Catharines Ontario Canada. Near Hamilton, Toronto, Niagara falls and Buffalo.

Casselman

woah, whats on 80 Broad street? I thought Yestercades was on monmouth?

variable

Noob
I am planning to attend with a friend of mine at least to watch, but I'd love to play given the chance. Not sure how officially I can sign up since no one knows me but I wanted to express interest at the least.

I live about an hour north in NJ so I will absolutely be there.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
woah, whats on 80 Broad street? I thought Yestercades was on monmouth?
YESTERcades website says 80 Broad Street, but looking at the map I think Monmouth runs directly into it. So maybe locals think of it as being on Monmouth.

Casselman

I've decided I am just going to drive. No chance of being stranded, no waiting on other schedules. a good 12 hour casual haul, but it will be worth it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Casselman, you can take the AMTrak train to Niagara, all the way through to NY Penn Station, and then to Red Bank. Still 12 hours. If you do go, I would leave Saturday and stay the night, then go back Monday morning. Remember this tournament is kind of rigid on time constraints so I don't know if such a trip is worth the time you'd be spending with everyone. It's up to you, but we appreciate your effort!

Casselman

Casselman, you can take the AMTrak train to Niagara, all the way through to NY Penn Station, and then to Red Bank. Still 12 hours. If you do go, I would leave Saturday and stay the night, then go back Monday morning. Remember this tournament is kind of rigid on time constraints so I don't know if such a trip is worth the time you'd be spending with everyone. It's up to you, but we appreciate your effort!
I understand about the time constraint, Its a necessary set back. Being an active part of this community is more important to me. there is really a train from niagara? EDIT: ok i found the train, only 5 minutes between arrival at one stop and departure to penn station. jesus. If it runs behind, im screwed.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yes Casselman, I actually sent you a lengthy PM about the trip with a link to it, but I realized I did it while the forums were down and I don't think it got through. It seems like a pretty straight forward ride. You aren't far from the Niagara border at all and a train from Niagara to NY Penn station seems easy enough, but a long ride. From NY to Red Bank is a snap compared to that. Let me know when you plan on coming up and I can help you with hotels. Plan for a whole weekend.

Jon, definitely looking forward to this more than anything I've done so far. I've been a part of small tournaments before run outside the majors and what not, but this feels like the first one that is truly just the result of all the work, with more to come.

MKPeanuts, how many players are going with you? You could try one of the local places to stay for a total of like $35 a piece, I would say at least for one night either coming in or going back to help cut back or break up the overall drive time.

Shady

Noob
I understand about the time constraint, Its a necessary set back. Being an active part of this community is more important to me. there is really a train from niagara? EDIT: ok i found the train, only 5 minutes between arrival at one stop and departure to penn station. jesus. If it runs behind, im screwed.
Check your PM, I'll send you one on TYM here as well. In any case, get back to me on whatever site is easier for you. If you're driving, I'm down to come down with you. A. Faster than any other means because we can drive. B. Cheaper C. People can take turns driving and napping or just chatting mad shit about MK. Should not be a problem if I'm not working Sunday, and if I am I will just ask for it off or call in sick.... Easy shit.

Casselman

Yea Im gonna drive. a bus ride to Boston with 3 transfers took 13 hours, so with nonstop car travel and fuel time, Im gonna guess 8-10 hours. I will bring you if you like.

Now just a matter of a hotel. @Shock , please tell me you know exactly which hotel I should be looking for. ALso, if you happen to know the best route form the garden state parkway, I would be pretty happy. If not, its cool. lol

@Shady , I have a GPS but have no clue if it will work okay with the likely outdated USA maps, you wouldn't happen to have a better one, would you? its only 3 highways to RedBank anyways, 90 east, 87 south, garden state parkway south. Red Bank.

syns may or may not want to be coming with us also, but with rooms usually only sleeping 2 people. I am unsure of the possibilities as you clearly have more time invested in MK than him. Might have to say no.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The cheapest place to stay is the Comfort Inn in Middletown which is not a hotel, it's like a higher end motel, which is 5 minutes up highway 35 from the venue. $104 a night for two queen beds. At tournaments, we have multiple people per room, you could see if the place supplies roll in beds.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-middletown-new_jersey-NJ187

When you exit the Parkway, take County Road 520 (Newman Springs Road) East for about 2 miles, make a left on Broad Street which will have a Dunkin Donuts on your right and train tracks to your left. This can be a confusing intersection, so make sure you stay straight going over the train tracks and through the traffic light after you make the turn, passing a super market which is then on your left. Follow Broad Street down and you will go through a few lights, YesterCades is a less than a mile down that road on the left. The block after YesterCades is Monmouth Street, it has an entrance to a parking lot, but parking is usually horrendous so you may have to circle around a few times. Since it should be cold and before dinner, it might not be that bad.

Shady

Noob
Yea Im gonna drive. a bus ride to Boston with 3 transfers took 13 hours, so with nonstop car travel and fuel time, Im gonna guess 8-10 hours. I will bring you if you like.

Now just a matter of a hotel. @Shock , please tell me you know exactly which hotel I should be looking for. ALso, if you happen to know the best route form the garden state parkway, I would be pretty happy. If not, its cool. lol

@Shady , I have a GPS but have no clue if it will work okay with the likely outdated USA maps, you wouldn't happen to have a better one, would you? its only 3 highways to RedBank anyways, 90 east, 87 south, garden state parkway south. Red Bank.

syns may or may not want to be coming with us also, but with rooms usually only sleeping 2 people. I am unsure of the possibilities as you clearly have more time invested in MK than him. Might have to say no.
I don't really have a GPS since I don't have a car, but I'll look up directions and at least print them, since it's mostly Interstate travel shouldn't be that hard to figure out even with your out-dated maps if anything. For hotels, usually, I'm going to be completely honest, sneaking in an extra person is never that hard, and I can even take the floor so we don't have to pay extra for roll outs or anything like that if its three of us. We won't be in the room until the night anyways to sleep, and then we can just sneak a person in. Done it a lot of times. Alternatively we can always add a bit extra for the roll out bed. I PMed you my details so just add me on skype and we'll talk about this more. Now I'm just trying to get through to my work and tell them not to schedule me for those days :p.

There are some hotels closer to Yestercades in the town. But they are more expensive than the one Shock wrote about.

Orange square is Oyster Point Hotel, price $169.
Gray square is Molly Pitcher Inn, price $139.
Dark circle is Yestercades.
Both hotels look to be about 2500 feet from Yestercades (if you want to walk there in the cold).
Both hotels have excellent ratings at booking.com, where I found the map and hotel details.
If you want, go to booking.com, type in Red Bank, NJ and the nights you want to stay.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to bow out of this :(.
Poppa Box becoming unavailable to drive + work screwing my hours to a royal degree = can't afford anything outside of WB for the forseeable future. Absolutely sucks :(.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kergon, I listed all the local hotels originally on the first page, Oyster Point is up to $189 for a room with two beds. My aunt's husband works there and says if we run something big in the future he can get us a deal there but for now it's going to stay that price. Really nice place.

Box, sorry to hear you can't make it, if anything changes let us know.

MK9

Noob
I have to troll, why isnt mkf30 on that list, isnt this like 30 minutes from his house. long live those online players, who like to talk.

Shady

Noob
Yeah, I'm gonna have to bow out of this one right now. Last minute plans do not really mesh well with trying to change scheduling for 3 days of work. At this point I've just given up trying to find people to fill my shifts... Looks like WB is the one I'll reserve the money for. Good luck to everyone and see ya'll in Philly.