What's new

1/22... Kombat Network Comes Full Force, "Revolution X"

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
Alright folks, I'll be sending the left overs of the stuff NRS sent me that i originally planned for twitter, but i just couldnt afford to ship 30-40 plus items! :(

But this will work out for the better, seeing how its a tourney for MK, run my MK players, with MK prizes!

here is whats left:

ALSO have a couple bigger prizes, one being an PDP MK9 stick autographed by the Kombat Network!

But that isnt it....we are hoping to have a very cool, one in a million kinda prize but still working out the details.

Stayed to TYM & the Kombat Network for more coming very soon!!

[MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] [MENTION=9821]Dark_Rob[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] [MENTION=6619]summoning[/MENTION]
Please tell me theres something Sektor there. If not, its cool. Im coming out because this is important, Hopefully the big-wigs are in a friendly mood. lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That's great guys. It's looking like we're going to hit that magic 32 based on the interest here and everyone I've spoken with. I still have some more to talk to and I want to get the guest list to about 40 to be sure we'll have at least 20 to 30 guaranteed, barring any unforeseen difficulties along the way. There's always the venue itself getting walk ups possibly but we can't really count on that.

The updated list:

1. CD Jr
2. REO
3. Crazy Domincan
4. Maxter
5. Shock
6. Summoning
7. jamessmk
8. NYChrisG
9. Riu48
10. Check
11. SwiftTomHanks
12. Scoot Magee
13. KT Smith
14. xxteefxx
15. J360
16. AC1984
17. OneBoxyRobot
18. rev0lver
19. Interloko
20. Casselman
21. Steve N
22. Hitoshura
23. Comeback Kyle
24. kergon
25. Death
26. PimpUigi
27. Bear
28. blueNINE
29. Shadow Zero Kyo
30. Skkra

Special guests:

Jon Loor
Sushi
LI Joe

Players I'm waiting for conformations:

DarkRob
Sabin
MKPeanuts
BustaUppa
CptXecution
Starcharger28

This potential turnout is NO JOKE folks. The pot is nearing $600 just for first place with the bonus. Serious competition here, and if anyone is in there area thinking they have what it takes, bring it on! Many bonus giveaways on top of the $800 cash pot.

Casselman

Anybody a close resident to this? I need some info. I will be taking a bus to get there likely. I know there are major stops in syracuse and albany. Are there greyhound routes that get to this area?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Anybody a close resident to this? I need some info. I will be taking a bus to get there likely. I know there are major stops in syracuse and albany. Are there greyhound routes that get to this area?
WOO Greyhound <3.
I would say just go through NYC and hop on an NJ Transit bus when you get to Manhattan/Penn Station.
99% sure they'll have a route or transfer to Red Bank. It may take a little while depending on how many transfers you have to make, though.

Yea, train to NY Penn Station, then walk to Port Authority and take a bus to NJ.

Perhaps at NY Penn Station, you could take another train to NJ. Shrug. I don't know :(

Best of luck to you, James. Looking forward to meeting you.

Casselman

Yea, train to NY Penn Station, then walk to Port Authority and take a bus to NJ.

Perhaps at NY Penn Station, you could take another train to NJ. Shrug. I don't know :(

Best of luck to you, James. Looking forward to meeting you.
you guys can bet, I will be there 100% even if I have to walk. I will have this all sorted out soon. See you guys there.

you guys can bet, I will be there 100% even if I have to walk. I will have this all sorted out soon. See you guys there.
The NJ Transit website says that on 1/22, there is train 7249 leaving NY Penn station at 2:07pm, arriving at Red Bank station at 3:26pm. Another train, 7245 leaving NY Penn station at 1:07pm, arriving at Red Bank Station at 2:26pm.

Either train is $14.75 a person roundtrip. Just make sure in NY Penn station that you go to the NJ Transit area, look at the screens for the NJ Coast line, and make sure it's the one that ends in Long Branch with a stop at Red Bank.

Now to get from the Red Bank station to Revolution X, I don't know.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I wish i was in the US just for this. Pff watch and learn EU MK scene... Watch and learn...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wish i was in the US just for this. Pff watch and learn EU MK scene... Watch and learn...
Much respect, this tournament has a very good collection of talent, and to think we're still missing a handful of key players in the area. Working on a few more players, but I think the magic number is there and we'll officially promote the top 3 payout as now $600/$150/$100 courtesy of Summoning/Ultra Spec Cables and Jon Loor of Local Battles. Also players, don't forget about the other giveaways from Tim Static courtesy of NRS, and the PDP stick that should be on the way.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Much respect, this tournament has a very good collection of talent, and to think we're still missing a handful of key players in the area. Working on a few more players, but I think the magic number is there and we'll officially promote the top 3 payout as now $600/$150/$100 courtesy of Summoning/Ultra Spec Cables and Jon Loor of Local Battles. Also players, don't forget about the other giveaways from Tim Static courtesy of NRS, and the PDP stick that should be on the way.
I haven't forgotten, I swear... just a lot going on. A reminder will be posted up soon! :)

I'm not a pro at the game but whatever, I'm an hour away so I'll make it unless something comes up. BTW, what system will this be on? I primarily play on the 360 but I can train on a PS2 pad if it's going to be on the PS3. I'm just hoping someone will have a PS3 converter ready just in case.

make a right, and walk straight. cool.

props to everyone involved from gamers edge/kombat network to local battles and ultra spec cables for setting this up. looking forward to this.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm not a pro at the game but whatever, I'm an hour away so I'll make it unless something comes up. BTW, what system will this be on? I primarily play on the 360 but I can train on a PS2 pad if it's going to be on the PS3. I'm just hoping someone will have a PS3 converter ready just in case.
We play on PS3 but we have converters that will accommodate the 360 pad for use on the PS3. No worries, very glad to have you come, and also, add DarkRob to the confirmed list!

*If we reach 32 confirmed players, I will likely bow out of the tournament as I would be a frivolous participant disturbing an even bracket, and Summoning likely as well since he's putting up most of the money anyway.

Here is the list as it stands:

1. CD Jr
2. REO
3. Crazy Domincan
4. Maxter
5. DarkRob
6. jamessmk
7. NYChrisG
8. Riu48
9. Check
10. SwiftTomHanks
11. Scoot Magee
12. KT Smith
13. blueNINE
14. xxteefxx
15. J360
16. AC1984
17. OneBoxyRobot
18. rev0lver
19. Interloko
20. Casselman
21. Steve N
22. Hitoshura
23. Comeback Kyle
24. kergon
25. Death
26. PimpUigi
27. Bear
28. Shadow Zero Kyo
29. Skkra
30. Cibernetico

Special guests:

31*. Summoning - MK Community Leader, Lead Event Sponsor for all tournaments, Ultra Spec Cables and KombatNetwork Representative
32*. Shock - MK Community Leader, Event Sponsor, Tournament Coordinator, Ultra Spec Cables and KombatNetwork Representative
9.95 - MK Community Leader, Tournament Coordinator, Crown Trophy and KombatNetwork Representative, Stream Producer
Jon Loor - Local Battles Owner and Representative, Tournament Coordinator and Event Sponsor
Sushi - Local Battles Representative and Stream Commentator
LI Joe - MK Alumni, Tournament Coordinator, SF Community Representative, Stream Commentator and Hype Generator
Ken and Gary - YESTERcades staff responsible for making this all possible.

Players I'm waiting on:

Sabin - SF Community and Team Sp00ky Representative
MKPeanuts
BustaUppa
CptXecution
Starcharger28

Do they have food/drinks area in Yestercades? If not, maybe a local place to walk around the corner?

From the looks of the Red Bank website, meter and permit parking is free on Sundays. Great! :irishjig:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do they have food/drinks area in Yestercades? If not, maybe a local place to walk around the corner?

From the looks of the Red Bank website, meter and permit parking is free on Sundays. Great! :irishjig:
There are restaurants and food related places out the ass on Broad and Monmouth. There is a place right next door to eat, a diner two blocks away, a pizza place across the street, a smoothie place, Starbucks a block away, the Dublin House (bar/restaurant) around the corner, etc. In short though, there is a vending machine in YesterCades but I imagine it will run out quickly hehe. I didn't even realize it was in there when we did our little 8 man demo, and Rob wound up searching all over for a soda. We may order pizza or something while we're there, depending on how busy it is, that's all up in the air. Metered parking is free on weekends, and after 6PM on weekdays in Red Bank. Since it's going to most likely be cold, parking shouldn't be too horrible, but it's hit or miss. There is parking all down Monmouth which runs perpendicular to Broad, and then there is a large parking lot for all the local establishments off Monmouth.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Got all the prizes and such ready to go. Hope to be mailed out at some point in the next 48 hours. Box is filled with awesome. Wish i could be there to give it out lol. :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
And yet another update

1. CD Jr
2. REO
3. Crazy Domincan
4. Maxter
5. DarkRob
6. jamessmk
7. NYChrisG
8. Riu48
9. Check
10. SwiftTomHanks
11. Scoot Magee
12. KT Smith
13. blueNINE
14. xxteefxx
15. J360
16. AC1984
17. OneBoxyRobot
18. rev0lver
19. Interloko
20. Casselman
21. Steve N
22. Hitoshura
23. Comeback Kyle
24. kergon
25. Death
26. PimpUigi
27. Bear
28. Shadow Zero Kyo
29. Skkra
30. Cibernetico
31. MKPeanuts
32. BustaUppa

Players I'm waiting on:

Sabin
CptXecution
Starcharger28

We've met the 32 player goal, but by all means, the more the merrier. I'm all but certain some players will not be able to make it for whatever reasons come up, so we need to make sure we have overlap. We'll definitely squeeze in a 4th setup dedicated for casuals now any way we can.

Tim thanks for the bonus prizes my man, where are you sending them?

interloko, where are you staying?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK you should send them to the warehouse because someone's always there. Let me know before you send them because we can probably take care of shipping.

Hey would anyone in the area be willing to let me and my bros [MENTION=4772]blueNINE[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION] stay with them the Saturday before the tournament? I still want to go but the idea of driving 9 hours in a single day is kind of off putting. I'd rather spread that out over two days. Plus it would make the trip more worthwhile if I was going for two days instead of just one.