What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters

Shawi

Noob
Shazam
· Increased the damage on the regular and Meter Burn versions of his Herculean Might and Achilles Clutch command grabs while also slightly improving the hit boxes.
· The Mighty Charge (Back + Medium, Hard) Combo now pops up to allow for juggle combos.
· Increased the damage output for both the Atlas Torpedo and the Bolt of Zeus.
· Increased the amount of block damage on his Hook Kick (Hard Attack).
· Solomon’s Judgment (Character Power) now has proper damage scaling.

So this is exactly what was in the previous "taster" except in addition his trait has been NERFED.

No tele buff, no BoZ duration buff, no AT duration buff, no b23 frame data changes, no trait cancels or reduced activation time.

Thoughts?

NB: I am personally very perplexed as to how they listened to community feedback.

Throw Immunity – Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.

Let's not leave out this system change.

I think we should wait and see how he plays when the patch drops before coming to conclusions. b23 combos are probably going to become a pretty big deal.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
WHAT THE FUCK NRS! Why nerf his trait? it sucked ass already. Way to kick a guy while hes down. It would make sense if the damage was scaled because safe trait cancels and a much fast activation were introduced.. but as we now know, none of that happened. I am disappoint. The viability of his trait was right at the top of my list of wants for shazam. Damn you NRS!!

RamenO

It Stinks!
Will I still use Shazam? I don't see why not. While the changes are nothing of what he really needed, nor what was asked for(did they really listen to community feedback here?), they are for the most part buffs just the same.

I mean, I'll sound ungrateful or some stupid shit along those lines, but these changes are just so useless in helping the problems in his game. It's like giving me the keys to your first class room on the Titanic. It's still a leaky boat that's going down, no matter how much more comfortable that room may be.

Also, maybe I missed something, but what's the point of the increased block damage on Hook Kick? Was this really a go to move for pressure? I'm utterly confused by this one. Just kind of feels like they added that because they were like "Oh shit, that really was ALL we were buffing with the teaser image. What should we do?"

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i think they should have made the punches unblockable again if they were gonna make it scale more, id love to play Shazam (and not lose to every decent player lol) and hopefully these changes make him viable, doesnt look like much though

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Depends of his damage buffs. It's hard to have an opinion if we don't know if 2 MB combos will do 55% or 45%.
The hitbox improvement isn't bad because doing twice d1 on block + Achille does whiff because of the range.

Same for his trait. Is it a big nerf or not ? :/ It does 70% in corner, maybe down to 65 ?

So they nerf trait damages but the grabs buff damages may balance it.

I cannot have a good idea of the changes right now but it seems good and I decided to stay optimist. :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm a little disappointed, but at the same time I see potential. The grab range increase along with some characters outright losing grab immunity altogether might help a little. His 3 having more block damage confuses me but perhaps its a good amount...?

b.23 popping up sounds ok, not great. He doesn't benefit from the MB b.3/f.3 either so much :/

His trait only adds 5-9% onto his basic BnB strings, so perhaps the "normalized scaling" has to do with the fact that every trait hit is essentially adding 2 hits of scaling to the total equation. He might be even better.

Also, BA nerfs.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Character Trait now has PROPER damage scaling.

NRS Y U NERF BRO? I WANTED ABOVE AVERAGE DAMAGE NOT PROPER DAMAGE

lol please, Shazam will be a beast guys, dont worry.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
he benefits hella from the mb b3/f3 buff. imagine you have trait on and you read a catwoman mb cat dash. you mb b3 then f3 for like 45% unclashable damage

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I'm going to keep playing Shazam. Cannot wait to test the distance changes and the damage buffs. The possible Trait nerf is kinda whatever. Although i know how good his trait is but i never really used it too much.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
His trait is overwall more of a corner tool. Midscreen I just hope it does as much chip.

And if his BnBs are getting buffed anyway I don't see a reason to cry his trait.

Flash, Superman, BA will get a nerf damage in the next patch so indeed, just compare with the general patch. Shazam's fucking good now.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Are you guys really tryna convince people these buffs suck? I mean still? Let alone them makng him not broken with a better command throw and proper scaling...once again this community makes me laugh.

And most of the time when people bitch about something there is a reason why its in the game

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I just feel as I felt long time ago with The Flash (first you think it sucks and then you see the mu difference) so I'm ok with those. :)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I just feel as I felt long time ago with The Flash (first you think it sucks and then you see the mu difference) so I'm ok with those. :)

yeah but flash got a dash buff, a 9 frame +3 on block mid that ducks nearly everything, the ability to whiff punish from fullscreen for good damage, etc.

shazam is just getting damage really...

SaJa

FH_FenriR
yeah but flash got a dash buff, a 9 frame +3 on block mid that ducks nearly everything, the ability to whiff punish from fullscreen for good damage, etc.

shazam is just getting damage really...

People first said charge MB was crap because it's +3 against standing char but if you crouch on the 2nd hit it's high (not mid) and you can whiff punish it unless you play Bane.
Flash can't punish from fullscreen, it's 11 frames from the closest distance. You can't punish fire shot at a certain range.
Flash was bottom 5 prepatch, now he is a good top 10. With the nerfs/buffs, I believe Shazam will be a good top 12 post patch (Flash's damages BnB/trait are getting nerfed next patch btw).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Thats about all hes getting and its not even what he needed

Yep, now they nerf his d2 but buff his charge's hitbox. This is non sens. They just needed to buff trait recovery to 08sec, and nerf the damage a lot while his trait is active. Fix his mid on b22f3.

What I hope to get out of this patch:

-AC to connect after a B2 midscreen.
-F1,2~AC to always connect now

Oh and if B2,3 is safe now, that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free