What's new

Idea for Kameo Gauge Revamp

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Undeniably some Kameo attacks are just better than others. And the common solution is to buff the weaker ones, but I don't think that'll be enough on its own. It just shuffles around which move is the new optimal choice. I suggest kameo attacks be split into categories and each Kameo meter reflect that. An example would be Scorpion: His flame breath and overhead slam would share an attack Kameo gauge, and his spear retreat would have a Defense/Utility gauge. A character with a gauge timer like Janet or Sento summon could still act as normal and drain both gauges. A concept I came up with that showcases this idea better.

Since each gauge would be a single segment you'd have to rebalance some cooldowns.

rifraf

Noob
I think for a first iteration, NRS did a damn good job. Having said that, it's safe to say some refinement is welcomed. Hopefully the expansion will bring some sort of upgrade to the system. Having 1 bar split in 2, feels a bit limiting for some kameos.

Another way of doing it could be like the EX bar system. Get rid of the cooldowns and auto-refill completely, and just have 2 bars that fill as you play. The only difference would be with each kameo the meter will fill at different speeds. Normal kameo moves would cost 1 bar, and special moves 2.