What's new

Convincing Evidence on why Neo Or Agent Smith will be in Mortal Kombat

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter

Contains Spoilers For the Matrix. Oh who am i kidding, you've seen it.

Gather around fellow WB fans, I am here to present my thesis on the recent convincing evidence that has recently popped up on why either Agent Smith, or Neo, will be in this MK.

The refrences...a little too many of them.

Usually, MK refrences are exteremly cool, but don't allude to shit. Shinnok's was...beautiful. (0:38) So was this one. NRS really are nerds like us to squeeze stuff like this in. (2:51) There was a few for The Matrix, one Blade Runner, injustice, My Crazy Ex Wife, Austin Powers, etc, just for fun. Most refrences have been kept under wraps for characters, i mean, Mileena was barley talked about and we assumed shed be in the next game after 11 anyway. However...there is ALOT, of Matrix refrences in this game. WAY too many for me to just think, this is just for fun. Especially when the company owns the rights, and doesn't have to pay for them.
To show my dedication to this theory, i went out of the way to catch all in game round diolouge referring to this.

The One 0:15 (also his leg pose is Neo's at 3:08)
Stop trying to hit me...and hit me! 1:21
Nitara's ending is quite literally The Machine World above Zion

So originally i chalked these up to just fun, but then i heard this in Ermac's trailer, another refrence to The One, 0:58, and that made me scratch my head a bit. We've never really gotten this many references to the same series in one MK game before. It mostly, had alot of variety. Then, came the big think, the tinfoil hat is on my head now.

‘Matrix 5’ in the Works With Drew Goddard as Director, Lana Wachowski as Executive Producer

This was super unexpected. After the actual piece of horseshit known as Midtrix Ressurections (which fun fact, was made bad on purpose), nobody thought they'd do a modern Matrix with the effects of today, at least not correctly. But here we are. It seems to be in good hands this time. Can't say im excited with how bad the last movie actually was but, it is brought up for the simple fact that this movie will release probably 2-3 years from now.
The timing is all adding up, and after the failure of Matrix Ressurections, yet the high praise for the demo of Unreal Engine 5 having a simple matrix paintjob, It's safe to say since games are the way to go in the eyes of Warner Brothers, it would be simple to put a Matrix Character in, right in time for the movie. Similar to how Omni-Man's release timed with the release of Invincible season 2, and how Homelander will most likely drop with The Boys season 4 (around june)

There is, one tiny issue however.

This is already been in discussion... twice, actually. In 2016. Also, a bigger conflict; Keanu Reeves himself was asked this, and didn't like the idea of his characters in the verse.

The main solution is Agent Smith being in the game if Keanu says no. Which i think would be AMAZING, as he has more variety then Neo himself does.

We'll see what happens, but i thought i'd throw the discussion open in case he is announced eventually like how Rambo was. Crazy conspiracy? Or enough evidence? Let me know!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The next batch of dlc characters already leaked, and unless they pull an Ash Williams and replace someone, Neo isn't one of them. It's possible for Kombat Pack 3, but we don't know if the game will last that long.

The One nod in Ermac's trailer was likely a reference to Jet Li's movie "The One" since it was Kung Lao saying it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Meh.... I do not care for Neo or Agent Smith, but they are as good as any guest. So why not. Nothing for me to get hyped about though.

The next batch of dlc characters already leaked, and unless they pull an Ash Williams and replace someone, Neo isn't one of them. It's possible for Kombat Pack 3, but we don't know if the game will last that long.
please no one post spoilers!!

AtlasM

Into dust!
Premium Supporter

The One nod in Ermac's trailer was likely a reference to Jet Li's movie "The One" since it was Kung Lao saying it.
This is most likely the very last kombat pack of the game, i covered the leaked characters, but it is hypothetical now that theres a new movie announced.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I mean, this is all circumstantial evidence. It’s cool to see all the references though, I honestly had no idea.