What's new

Breakthrough Think I found a Lobo bug 1,2 denies cgrab when facing left screen

So I've been in the lab now for the last 4 hours with Lobo.

I think I may have stumbled onto a horrible bug.

When Lobo is facing your left side of the screen. He is denied a cgrab after 1,2.

I tried the opposite side and it comes out flawlessly. I thought at first it was me. But it's not. I can do cgrab with my eyes closed "literally". While Lobo is facing the left side screen i was able to perfectly do a d2, c-grab - all the time. I even tried changing maps - still, I am denied c-grab after a 1,2 if Lobo is facing (meaning looking at) the left side of your screen.

I may need you guys to check on your own merit.

If this has been reported. I apologize and please delete this thread mod.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
So I've been in the lab now for the last 4 hours with Lobo.

I think I may have stumbled onto a horrible bug.

When Lobo is facing your left side of the screen. He is denied a cgrab after 1,2.

I tried the opposite side and it comes out flawlessly. I thought at first it was me. But it's not. I can do cgrab with my eyes closed "literally". While Lobo is facing the left side screen i was able to perfectly do a d2, c-grab - all the time. I even tried changing maps - still, I am denied c-grab after a 1,2 if Lobo is facing (meaning looking at) the left side of your screen.

I may need you guys to check on your own merit.

If this has been reported. I apologize and please delete this thread mod.
i tried it against WW, it works

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Something like this would have been glaringly obvious extremely early. Whatever is going on, its on your end.

Something like this would have been glaringly obvious extremely early. Whatever is going on, its on your end.
This is true. I thought the same. This would had been spotted a long time ago.

This is chaotic because I cannot do it. However when i combo it off of more complex chains - the c-grab comes out perfectly. I've been trying for 25min straight. I just gave up.

At least it's not the game just isolated to me. I will try to delete the dlc files and redownload them this has helped with weird issues in the past.

Mods you may delete. And thanks for responding fellas.

So... Is the grab just not coming out, or is it not connecting?
It was not coming out at all. But I would do d3, and then c-grab perfectly, I would try b2,d1, c-grab it would come out perfectly. Then I try 1,2 and *no c-grab* would come out as if ignoring my inputs.

@ Caged Rage: Thanks, I did check the release check options. It wasn't that.

Every once in a while, weird stuff would just occur to me but never at this level. I use to just delete the DLC and reload it - usually it would fix the issue. and thats what I did this time, I haven't been back on since to see if my problem has been solved. I'll try again tomorrow.

Lord Hollow you know what? Your 100% right!

I was doing other more complicated sets with c-grab going in the same direction and they came out flawlessly. But you know what, I deleted and reloaded the dlc and guess what - the shit is still happening but its not after the 1,2 this time. It's now happening after the 1,1,3 which I was doing yesterday just fine.

Wtf?!

Is my execution purposely deciding when to work and when not to? And it's only happening when lobo faces the left side of the screen. I am starting to think it has something to do with how my hand quarter circles the controller when it's forced to orient itself from that side when naturally, it's orientation is set for the right side going off how palms are set on a fighting stick.

I think I need to work on that side. But it's only happening for said moves I mentioned. Today the 1,2 then followed by c-grab is fine but 1,1,3 followed by c-grab is not working. Yesterday - these two were totally opposite.

Has this happened to anyone of you? And how do you overcome this weird twilight zone symptom?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, stop deleting and reloading the DLC. That isn't the problem. Just look at your inputs on the left of the screen. It'll show you what you're missing. I bet its the "back" motion, which was my problem.

Thanks fellas. I love how the Lobo clan looks out for one another.

Yea it's tough. For now I am letting the sensations guide me as I do the motions, when input them correctly of course.

Then when I repeat it, I try to mimic that sensation in hopes that it will influence my hands to repeat the same proper motions. This is deep! For you good Lobo players that can do these moves on the drop of a dime I humbly tip my hat to ya. This shit is not easy. I don't if this is because this is my first fighter or whatever, but still this shit is a job. Lol.

I think I'm going to focus training one side for awhile to bring that strength up. Again, I really appreciate the contribution fellas thank you. It really helps.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
lol at not being able to cancel a special move after an attack string., nah but seriously it's probably your execution as previously stated. It took me forever to get fluid with his playstyle strings, command grab, and all.

lol at not being able to cancel a special move after an attack string., nah but seriously it's probably your execution as previously stated. It took me forever to get fluid with his playstyle strings, command grab, and all.
Hey it's not funny. Lol. J/k.

Yea man, that execution and this being my first fighter, my first time on a fighting stick - shit is difficult learning the ropes.

What really drives me nuts...
I practice for countless hours, combo's, strings (a 16 hit string) I can do with my eyes closed in practice - then I get online, my opponent pressures me, panic sets in and my fingers start scrambling across my fight stick pressing buttons retardedly for no rhyme or reason.

The panic from my opponent pressuring me, influences my discipline studies to devolve into a cheap spam player. Spamming chain charge, ground chain, face dive. I am not spending countless hours practicing to fight this way, it feels soo cheap! I may have to avoid online and just fight AI if I start feeling myself slip into this cheap fighter.

That said, if somebody here who's gone through this "new guy" phase and remembers going through this "panic, scrambling for buttons stage" I am in now would you kindly share your experience, how long it take you to elevate out of this hell hole? And what were the contributing factors - did you get better at reading/anticipating opponents? Did you get better at defense? or offense? Or was it an awakening within you after awhile of losing/panicking and fusing you with all these things?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
We've all gone through it. One of the best ways to get past it is to set goals for yourself in a match. Example: I try to get the 2,1 to connect with Lobo 10 times in a match. The mix up option from that string are enormous and many, so if I focus on jut getting them to block/get hit by those two attacks, I can branch off my options from there.
2,1 follow ups:
Pump Shot - safe
Mid Pump Shot - Safe
Low Pump Shot - Overhead/Low mix up
Low Space Chain - Overhead/Low mix up
Czar Toss - On block
Burned Hook Charge - Safe pressure, leaving you close, at +3

In short, have a game plan. Not anything big or glamorous, like a full combo at first, but something simple, easy to execute with expansive options. I hope that helps.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I really can't say much other than it just clicks after awhile I did the whole new guy mashing back in, I believe Soul Calibur 4 I just pressed all of the buttons and lost all the time, while mashing if you pay attention you start to realize "hey df2 beat out that stupid sweep sword" "hey if I mash grab in between this string I beat him out" and so on and so forth.

Thanks fellas.

So now back to this cgrab on the left screen issue.

Today I woke up at 9:30a and have been doing 1,1,3 with attempts to cancel into cgrabs (facing the left screen of course). It is now 1:01pm.

I managed to cancel into it probably 4-6 times in all these hours.
I am using a fight stick not a regular controller.

So three things I come to gather in these few hours:

ONE:
When I do 1,1,3 x cgrab facing the right screen. The cgrab inputs are more lenient. The stick motion would be: down, down back, back, forward, 2. The cgrab comes out flawlessly.

Finally, while facing the left screen, I accidentally did the motions with down, back, forward 2. The cgrab came out of the 1,1,3 perfectly. Notice, there was no *down back* motion prior jolting the stick back. What I learned here. The right side is more lenient than the left side - why is that?

That said, doing a down, back, forward motion (without involving down back on your way to back) is hard to fucking do. I always involve the down back motion when I'm facing the right screen and it comes out every time.

TWO:
When I turn back to the left screen and fail 1,1,3 x cgrab, I am perplexed because the inputs are exactly the same as my successful ones. I am looking at the screen input logs of my failed attempt and comparing them to pictures of my successful cgrabs and yet it's a fail? But they are the same inputs?!

*Side note: My alternate controls and release check are both set to off*

Fellas, I am not making this shit up. If somebody has a fight stick, and has time to burn and would like to experiment feel free and test this out.

Yes my execution may be to shit on the left side. But the input logs don't lie right? My failed cgrab logs are identical to the successful versions.

I'm going to get with some friends later on when they get online and run some tests with them.

THREE:
Another fun fact I discovered today (discovery for me at least), you guys probably already know, still I felt compelled to share just in case:

If you do 1,2 and cancel into a down, down back, back mb button you do a armored b3. But it doesn't connect for me. You can also do b,b, mb and it comes out just the same.