What's new

The Workout and Nutrition Thread!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Just weighing in on protein shakes, but you should drink protein after your workout to help your muscles recuperate quicker. Drinking it before will make you feel bloated and some cheaper ones will make you shit your guts out. And make sure you buy the protein that is ISO and not WHEY because WHEY has a ton of fillers, more calories and lots of carbs. You just want the most protein for your buck, and more quality, which is the ISO protein powders.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Just weighing in on protein shakes, but you should drink protein after your workout to help your muscles recuperate quicker. Drinking it before will make you feel bloated and some cheaper ones will make you shit your guts out. And make sure you buy the protein that is ISO and not WHEY because WHEY has a ton of fillers, more calories and lots of carbs. You just want the most protein for your buck, and more quality, which is the ISO protein powders.
Lifting weights is not that crazy to make u drink protein right after the workout. Most of us barely burn 300 calories lifting weights. U can drink your protein 4-5 hours after the workout that's it's gonna be the same thing.

ISO has no lactose (isolated... Isolated of lactose). That's the only difference tbh. Tons of carbs? 1-3 grams of carbs is now tons of carbs? One bite of an apple has more carbs than that.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah I was guna say, whey doesn't have tonnes of 'filler' as you said. My whey is about 50g protein 4g sugar and 5g fat.

Iso is a type of whey as said above lol.

I've always done shakes after workouts, I doubt it makes a lot of difference for your normal gym goer. I'd say it's less about the calories and more about having immediate protein to start recovery.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are a ton of cited sources in this article about what to eat and when, in relation to workouts. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/eat-after-workout

They recommend eating your protein within 2 hours of working out to help with your muscle repair. If you ask 10 different people about this, you're going to get 10 different answers. All I can say is I followed the advice in that article and went from zero muscle to solid definition very quickly.

Carbs can help with energy, so I'll usually drink a shake about an hour before my Muay Thai classes, and then eat 5 egg whites as soon as I get home after class.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Lifting weights is not that crazy to make u drink protein right after the workout. Most of us barely burn 300 calories lifting weights. U can drink your protein 4-5 hours after the workout that's it's gonna be the same thing.

ISO has no lactose (isolated... Isolated of lactose). That's the only difference tbh. Tons of carbs? 1-3 grams of carbs is now tons of carbs? One bite of an apple has more carbs than that.

Huh I thought the carb difference was way more, my bad haven't used protein powder in a long time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I always thought needing to take protein immediately after a workout was just bro science but I'm not educated enough to comment. I usually do end up taking it right after though bc I'm fucking hungry and usually work out in a fasted state

I always thought needing to take protein immediately after a workout was just bro science but I'm not educated enough to comment. I usually do end up taking it right after though bc I'm fucking hungry and usually work out in a fasted state
I heard working out fasted is the way for cardio and calisthenics but not weight lifting.

Supposedly working out in a fasted state burns more fat regardless of type of workout but mostly I can't take pre workout with food ln my stomach
Yeah man but from my experience without any carbs the weights feel a lot heavier lol you could do it, but it definitely wouldn’t be a good time and you could possibly get injured.

Edit - Missed the prework out part, some of those seem like legit liquid cocaine so yeah you probably have more than enough energy lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I used to eat those little protein bars(there's so many brands) I like peanut butter before a workout just to have some energy fuel to work out. I can't work out without something in me. I suppose a protein shake is better than a bar, though I used to love those chewy peanut butter bars forget the brand atm but Costco sells huge packs of them. Some of them claim to have a boatload of protein but I imagine you can only jam in so much in those little bars.

Thanks for the advice guys on the after or before, seems most feel afterwards is the better idea.

I used to eat those little protein bars(there's so many brands) I like peanut butter before a workout just to have some energy fuel to work out. I can't work out without something in me. I suppose a protein shake is better than a bar, though I used to love those chewy peanut butter bars forget the brand atm but Costco sells huge packs of them. Some of them claim to have a boatload of protein but I imagine you can only jam in so much in those little bars.

Thanks for the advice guys on the after or before, seems most feel afterwards is the better idea.
Bro try the ones by Met-Rx. They are huge and could pass as meals to someone who doesn’t eat a lot and most of them carry 30g of protein minimum.

They also don’t taste like schoolyard chalk so there’s that.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah man but from my experience without any carbs the weights feel a lot heavier lol you could do it, but it definitely wouldn’t be a good time and you could possibly get injured.

Edit - Missed the prework out part, some of those seem like legit liquid cocaine so yeah you probably have more than enough energy lol.
I only workout so I can take pre workout, I swear it makes you develop a deep sexual attraction to yourself

Bro that's what cocaine is for :DOGE
Bro it goes in levels “Wtf is this shit I could have had coffee instead.” “WHOO! GYM TAHME.” “I’m going to be up for 72 hours lul.” And finally “If I stop moving even for a second, my heart will either explode or stop beating.”

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Bro it goes in levels “Wtf is this shit I could have had coffee instead.” “WHOO! GYM TAHME.” “I’m going to be up for 72 hours lul.” And finally “If I stop moving even for a second, my heart will either explode or stop beating.”
In all seriousness, once I started taking a good one I feel a smooth rush and dont crash. It hits hard, although it does make me itch in a few places but the second I pick up a weight it stops. What kinds have you tried?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I would straight up have a heart attack. I tried Clen for a week and that was enough to give me a panic attack lmao.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
That brand is amazing, I typically don't use anything anymore cause I spent enough money on that stuff. I just drink black coffee and call it a pre-workout. But I also am an anxious person and everyone kept telling me as a woman I don't really need to be taking protein powders and I don't know how much of that is true, but I'd rather eat the protein in good food than drink it anyways. So I just eventually stopped buying any supplement.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That brand is amazing, I typically don't use anything anymore cause I spent enough money on that stuff. I just drink black coffee and call it a pre-workout. But I also am an anxious person and everyone kept telling me as a woman I don't really need to be taking protein powders and I don't know how much of that is true, but I'd rather eat the protein in good food than drink it anyways. So I just eventually stopped buying any supplement.
I think women definitely can and should reap the benifits of protein powder.

As for pre workout, my mom also takes legion's pulse. Two scoops is a serving, but she just takes one scoop and that's enough for her, some of my friends also take just one scoop. So it lasts her forever twice as long as it does me (she gets 42 servings compared to my 21). I would totally recommend looking into that. I also dont drink coffee if I work out that day.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think women definitely can and should reap the benifits of protein powder.

As for pre workout, my mom also takes legion's pulse. Two scoops is a serving, but she just takes one scoop and that's enough for her, some of my friends also take just one scoop. So it lasts her forever twice as long as it does me (she gets 42 servings compared to my 21). I would totally recommend looking into that. I also dont drink coffee if I work out that day.
I would just need to find the right brand, some of them kill my stomach and I'm lactose intolerant so it's not always a good time. But I need to redo my whole eating and workout plan anyway so I'm gonna look into it.

In all seriousness, once I started taking a good one I feel a smooth rush and dont crash. It hits hard, although it does make me itch in a few places but the second I pick up a weight it stops. What kinds have you tried?
I took c4 in the beginning starting out, than Hyde, One of my friends put me onto nitraflex because I hated that preworkouts had creatine and that shit makes me feel bloated AF.

It worked amazing at first but I had to drop it because I eventually upped the dosage to the point that I actually entered the matrix.

Also the older version had testosterone boosters so it made me aggressive.

brb chucking 5/8s drywall at irritating person.