What's new

The Workout and Nutrition Thread!

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm expecting to hit a real milestone for me in the next week or so. Been running a lot for the past couple months, and one of my major goals was to simply run a mile without walking, and I'm pretty sure I have the stamina for that now. My running intervals have gotten up to 8 minutes and I go about 3/4's of a mile during that without trying for speed at all. I was planning to try today, but Hurricane Delta is having other plans. Only catching the edge of this one, but god am I tired of this Hurricane season.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm expecting to hit a real milestone for me in the next week or so. Been running a lot for the past couple months, and one of my major goals was to simply run a mile without walking, and I'm pretty sure I have the stamina for that now. My running intervals have gotten up to 8 minutes and I go about 3/4's of a mile during that without trying for speed at all. I was planning to try today, but Hurricane Delta is having other plans. Only catching the edge of this one, but god am I tired of this Hurricane season.
You'll get it

aj1701

Noob
Nice, didn't know about this thread. Here's my in home setup - Olympic squat rack, preacher curl bar that I use for triceps, and dumbbells:
Very nice. I was fortunate to snag some powerblocks a couple of months ago, and a CAP DB plate set in case the gyms close again :-(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My trainer mixes things up, between decline bench and DB flat & incline presses. Decline is my fav, because a shoulder injury makes incl. more difficult.
Definitely safer for shoulders, leave some chest activation on the table, but potentially better for longevity. Can obviously move heavier loads decline as well.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
eat more protein (eggs , meat , bananas and many more)
low carb
drink more water and protein (whey , carnivor , BCAA ,ZMA)
workout 6 times a week
do cardio at least 30 min
never skip Leg day
make abs 4x times a week
Dont get angry at games (MK online , and trash games for mobile with pvp)
Dont get angry at all
dont waste ur time with twitter , instagram , facebook, likes theres no tomorrow....

wait for KP 2 to play RAMBO

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
eat more protein (eggs , meat , bananas and many more)
low carb
drink more water and protein (whey , carnivor , BCAA ,ZMA)
workout 6 times a week
do cardio at least 30 min
never skip Leg day
make abs 4x times a week
Dont get angry at games (MK online , and trash games for mobile with pvp)
Dont get angry at all
dont waste ur time with twitter , instagram , facebook, likes theres no tomorrow....

wait for KP 2 to play RAMBO
Could honestly never go carnivore or carb depleted, I feel like an emaciated twink when I don't eat

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm back at the gym, I start with cardio like 15 min HIIT but I know next to nothing about cardio. I don't even know if it's GOOD to do it before lifting. I'm just a bodybuilder, I like lifting weights and I hate cardio. So if anyone is knowledgeable about cardio, I will take any advice!

For reference, I have a fairly good amount of muscle but I also have a higher BF %, and obviously, I want to get leaner and stronger as an overall goal, I really don't care about my cardiovascular capacity so much, but I do want a healthy heart of course.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm back at the gym, I start with cardio like 15 min HIIT but I know next to nothing about cardio. I don't even know if it's GOOD to do it before lifting. I'm just a bodybuilder, I like lifting weights and I hate cardio. So if anyone is knowledgeable about cardio, I will take any advice!

For reference, I have a fairly good amount of muscle but I also have a higher BF %, and obviously, I want to get leaner and stronger as an overall goal, I really don't care about my cardiovascular capacity so much, but I do want a healthy heart of course.

What will get you leaner is being in a calorie deficit which of course cardio can help create, but isn't necessary. I hate running and only lift weights really but I like mountain biking. I'd say find a type of cardio you enjoy. Even if its walking thats fine, just find something you like that you can progressively increase the intensity on. If you don't like it you won't stick with it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I dont know if I agree that it is or isn't good to do before lifting, most people have decreased lifting performance if they do cardio first. Strictly for hypertrophy it probably isn't the worst thing to do because you can still do that with depleted energy. But training for strength I wouldn't do cardio before lifting and would actually separate it by a couple hours.

What will get you leaner is being in a calorie deficit which of course cardio can help create, but isn't necessary. I hate running and only lift weights really but I like mountain biking. I'd say find a type of cardio you enjoy. Even if its walking thats fine, just find something you like that you can progressively increase the intensity on. If you don't like it you won't stick with it.
That right there is the Djinns curse of gym goers man.

So many people go to the gym to get lean and ripped and kill themselves there for hours and then afterwards go order the entire sonics menu and then wonder why their arms and shoulders are huge but they have a big ass gut and love handles.

the hardest part isnt working out, it’s cutting out lmao.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That right there is the Djinns curse of gym goers man.

So many people go to the gym to get lean and ripped and kill themselves there for hours and then afterwards go order the entire sonics menu and then wonder why their arms and shoulders are huge but they have a big ass gut and love handles.

the hardest part isnt working out, it’s cutting out lmao.
It can be, I have been leaner than I am now but I felt fucking miserable, so its possible to take it too far the other way. 15% body fat is the leanest I can be without feeling lethargic and weak. Basically it looks like visible abs (full 6 pack with down lighting and not eating yet lol), decent definition, shoulder striations very visible if you have a pump, vascular, no real oblique definition, and just not crazy looking over all. Some guys can be leaner and still feel good but I kinda just am not made that way.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I dont know if I agree that it is or isn't good to do before lifting, most people have decreased lifting performance if they do cardio first. Strictly for hypertrophy it probably isn't the worst thing to do because you can still do that with depleted energy. But training for strength I wouldn't do cardio before lifting and would actually separate it by a couple hours.
I do love hiking and walking, but when it’s -45 here it’s kind of out of the question. Might just do heavy bag workouts at home for cardio. Thanks for the tips!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I do love hiking and walking, but when it’s -45 here it’s kind of out of the question. Might just do heavy bag workouts at home for cardio. Thanks for the tips!
Haha yeah just do what you enjoy, since you're already healthy and seem to be doing it for no reason other than you like it and wanna keep seeing some improvements, do what you like

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I signed up for my first powerlifting meet, gonna try and beat the state records for bench, squat, and dead, in the raw 20-23 drug tested category

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Plain and simple, post whatever you do in a form of working out and eating habits, or your life style,
Honestly just trying to go on 3-4 10 minute walks per day and watch what I eat has done wonders for me. I also joined a tennis league.