What's new

Sizes of All the Stages

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I hear (though it's all been hearsay, nothing official) that the 360 version doesn't suffer from the lag on The Street and Hell, 0n top of not having Kratos's stage to worry about. And if the Street does come up, they can just use the "Disable Foreground Objects" kombat kode, provided it doesn't have any negative side effects like some other kodes apparently do.

If the stage sizes are going to be that big a deal, switching consoles is a potential solution.
I believe the car still drives by even with the Kombat Kode.

Yes, the 360 version is superior in pretty much every way, except EVO uses PS3 so it's pretty much the tourney standard.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm glad this problem's getting attention because it's very noticeable in some matches.
It probably affects Kabal and Sub Zero more than any other characters.

I made a similar test yesterday, unfortunately someone beat me to it and it appears i wasted my time on it. Had no internet though, ah well.

I'll post it anyways tomorrow when i get my internet back, i used sz's dash which is probably more accurate since the dash covers less distance than kung lao's low hat stagger (not to take anything away from the guy who did this first). I also tested it for both sides and I discovered some stages are asymmetrical.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Copuple months ago i had huge issues with SubZero and his clone corner game and it was back then when i came up with this idea of the stage sizes. Since i started to use Evil Monastery i had more space to work with. I see that finally someone found about it ;]

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This only adds depth to the game, I hope we don't end up like the Melee community though, counter pick stages -_-
Well I thought in Melee they ONLY used Final Destination to fight on? That's what would make sense to me anyway

CJF If there is a stage dispute then Shao Kahn's Colusseum is used if I'm not mistaken. It may default to Tsung's Garden (whichever is the colorblind friendly version), but it's one or the other.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
I'm surprised people caught on to this. You never noticed that CD and CD Jr always pick Kahn's MKII classic stage for Smoke and Kitana, zoning-based characters? Also noticed that F0xy Grampa likes to pick the Courtyard for his Cage and Sonya?

If you've ever played my Sindel, ever noticed I pick the MK3 Temple with classic music XD
Reference: Tom Brady's Sub-Zero on stream.

I made a similar test yesterday, unfortunately someone beat me to it and it appears i wasted my time on it. Had no internet though, ah well.

I'll post it anyways tomorrow when i get my internet back, i used sz's dash which is probably more accurate since the dash covers less distance than kung lao's low hat stagger (not to take anything away from the guy who did this first). I also tested it for both sides and I discovered some stages are asymmetrical.
Why are you always one upping me lol?

Alright so here's what I got. I tested this using SZ's dash, pushing the opponent to the corner. I did this for both sides. Tip: if you want to play as player 2 just reassign your controller.

To speed things up I didn't do the tourney banned stages like Hell, street, wasteland and kratos stage.

Rooftop Day: 22 dashes (20 for player 2)

Clock tower: 21 dashes

Evil monastery: 20 dashes (21 for player 2)

Shao Kahn's throne room: 20 dashes

Soul chamber: 20 dashes

Rooftop dawn/dusk: 20 dashes (19 for player 2)

goro's lair: 19 dashes (22 for player 2)

fleshpit 19 dashes (21 for player 2)

Courtyard day/night: 19 dashes

desert: 19 dashes

coliseum: 19 dashes

shang's throne: 18 dashes

temple: 18 dashes

armory: 18 dashes

graveyard: 18 dashes (17 for player 2)

Shang's garden day/night: 18 dashes (17 for player 2)

subway: 17 dashes (18 for player 2)

training room: 17 dashes

deadpool: 17 dashes

forest: 17 dashes

pit bottom: 15 dashes (small extra dash for player 2)

pit night/day: 15 dashes

CJF should probably update the first post.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
its a shame the hell stage is so unique in its small size, yet it has the bugs which dont allow it in tourneys. it means a lot to a character who benefits greatly from corner pressure that they dont get the chance to compete on this stage for example.

Somberness

Lights
The smaller the number, the smaller the stage. Give or take a few, nothing is perfect.

Hell - 807
The Pit(Bottom) - 862
The Pit - 874
The Dead Pool - 932
Challenge Tower - 946
The Living Forest - 976
Shang Tsung's Gardens - 985
The Graveyard - 985
Subway - 992
Wastelands - 992
Shang Tsung's Throne Room - 1003
The Street - 1008