What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

An update has now been released for the PC version. It incorporates last week's console patch as well as the release of Shang Tsung and the Kombat League.

Patch notes as follows:

PC
General Gameplay Adjustments
• Move list corrections
• Improvements to AI logic
• Fixed several rare online desync causes
• Removed a rare crash that could occur after a Quitality
• Fixed an issue that cause users to lose controller functionality when trying to record an AI command after pausing the game with very specific timing
• Trying to Practice Reset while waiting in a KOTH lobby will no longer sometimes reset twice in a row
• Added an Easy Krushing Blows option to Practice Mode’s Practice Options which will bypass most Krushing Blow’s conditional requirements
• Added Random Hidden option to Practice Mode AI Options’ Playback Recording Slot selection
• Added several new Brutalities for players to discover
• Added Variation info to the pause menu and some multiplayer online loading screens
• Added Kombat League online game mode. Season I (The Season of Blood) starts today, June 18th!
• Ranked Sets (only available when a Kombat League season is not active) are now a first to 2 match set
• Fixed an instance where the game would crash on start-up due to a conflict with the server, requiring players to delete their local MK11 data.
• Fixed a bug in displaying the opponent’s FPS rating
• Fixed several instances of SFX not playing correctly with Mouse/Keyboard
• Fixed multiple minor issues with Mouse/Keyboard input
Krypt
• Fixed a rare bug that could cause players to be locked out of the armory after getting the Spear
• Removed the ability to get out of bounds of the environment under certain circumstances
• Removed a rare crash when exploring the Krypt after playing several hours of Towers of Time
• All Skeleton Key Gates will now reward some currency when opened
Towers of Time
• Adjusted the difficulty of some starting towers on some tower platforms
• Added new Boss Fights & rewards
• Added new Tower Platform rewards
Character Specific Adjustments
Baraka
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against War Banner Charge
• Sinister Slice (Jump+Back Punch) no longer has an inconsistent hit region when auto-facing the opponent
Cassie Cage
• When an opponent loses a round to BLB-118 Bitchin' Bubble, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• BLB-118 will no longer sometimes lose functionality when the opponent loses a round to Control BLB-118’s Wub Wub Wub or Fun Phaser attacks
Cetrion
• When an opponent loses a round to Ring Of Fire, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Unlimited Potential (Towards+Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick)
D'Vorah
• Adjusted Getup Roll Backwards animation to no longer recover slower than intended
Erron Black
• Added an ammo counter showing how many Locked And Loaded Rifle shots are currently available
• When an opponent loses a round to Zaterrean Spit, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• Swinging Pistol (Jump+Front Punch) no longer has an inconsistent hit region when auto-facing the opponent
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Hat to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
• Fixed an issue that could cause Dynamite to be misaligned when doing it again immediately after the previous one exploded
• Corrected damage scaling going into the On The Shoot (Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch) Krushing Block cinematic which results in it doing 10 less damage
Frost
• Adjusted repel during Throw Escape to eliminate some clipping issues
• When an opponent loses a round to Core Trap, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• Core Overload amp no longer still occurs after a Krushing Blow cinematic
Geras
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Gauntlet Slam (Down+Front Kick)
Jacqui Briggs
• When an opponent loses a round to Grenade Launcher, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause her Shield Generator to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Jade
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause her Staff to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Jax
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Thumper to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Johnny Cage
Kabal
• When an opponent loses a round to Gas Blast Amplify, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Hook Swords to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Kano
• When an opponent loses a round to Magnetic Trap or Molotov Cocktail they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Under Kick (Towards+Front Kick)
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Shanks to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Kitana
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Noble Assault (Back Punch, Front Punch, Back Kick, Front Kick, Back Kick)
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause her War Fans to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Kollector
• When an opponent loses a round to Vial Of Sorrow, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Chained Ball or Satchel to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Kotal Kahn
• When an opponent loses a round to God Ray, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Xolotl (Towards+Front Kick, Back Kick)
• Fixed a visual issue when Kotal was hit by Geras’s Temporal Advantage while transformed during Tecuani Maul & Tecuani Pounce attacks
Kung Lao
• The Great Kung Lao Spiritual Guidance attacks can no longer be parried
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against Twin Kicks (Towards+Back Kick)
• Fixed a bug where Z Hat would not reset some connect in a row Krushing Blow & Brutality conditions
• Mind Of Its Own Brutality from Z Hat once again plays out the full animation
Liu Kang
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Nunchaku to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
• (Air) Fireball can now be correctly 2in1 cancelled into from a Jump Attack when playing with Alternate Controls enabled
Noob Saibot
• Fixed a rare issue that could cause his Sickle to be misaligned after being knocked off when losing a match as a rollback occurred
Raiden
• When an opponent loses a round to Rolling Thunder, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
Skarlet
• When an opponent loses a round to Red Mist or Blood Ritual, they will no longer continue to play out some animations
Sonya Blade
• (Air) Energy Rings can now be correctly 2in1 cancelled into from a Jump Attack when playing with Alternate Controls enabled
Shao Kahn
• High and Mid parries now work correctly against DIE (Front Punch, Back Punch, Throw) and Last Breath (Towards+Front Kick, Back Kick, Throw)
• Hammer Poke (Jump Front Punch) & Final Strike (Jump Back Punch) now correctly gain additional damage when Dark Priest Buff is active
Kronika
• When an opponent loses a round to Orb of Confusion, they will no longer continue to play out some animations

Source here.

Doesn't look like any special PC-related performance issue fixes though. I'll be testing later tonight.

Last edited:
So I tested things out last night, and I have noticed an improvement.

After installing Shang Tsung and Kombat League patch (5.9 GB), I rebooted my system, and then fired up the game and ran the Benchmark. Video of this here. Basically it went exactly like post-Hotfix, I needed to run the Benchmark twice to get an FPS average of 60 FPS. However, I then loaded up a Training match on Shinnok's Bone Temple, and Stage that always gave me frame drops at the beginning regardless of Benchmark results, and you'll see there are no drops!

I then exited the game and Verified my game's File Integrity, just for shits and giggles; no issues found. I re-fired up the game and ran the Benchmark again. Video here. Interestingly, you can see a huge improvement. However, also interesting that this time I could not achieve a 60 FPS average, despite running the Benchmark thrice and despite it actually being at 60 FPS for most of each test. For some reason, the game averages me out at 59 FPS. I then go and try a quick Practice match on Kotal Kahn's Kolliseum, another stage that always gives me drops at the beginning, and no drops!!!

Overall, that's excellent improvement.

Now, I then went to the Towers of Time and saw a Shang Tsung boss Tower, and also the Shang Tsung Trial Tower. I did both. I played the boss Tower as Fan-Fare Kitana, all perfect. I then went and played the Trial Tower, which forces you to play as Shang Tsung of course, and massive frame drops and issues through the entire Tower (each on in the Trial). It was playable, but not in any serious fashion. The frame drops also were not subsiding over time like they normally do. There were also frame drops and delays in the Intros, which has never happened before.

Thinking something horrible had happened, I fired up a Novice Klassic Tower as Dead of Winter Sub-Zero: everything was silky smooth. No intro lag, no frame drops, nothing.

After completing that Tower, I went into Practice Mode, and did some tests. It seems, whenever I play as Shang Tsung, the game plays horribly. Whenever I play as other characters (I have not tested them all), everything is fine.

I'm going to make a video of this tonight, and then submit all of the above to WB Support; looks like Shang Tsung is not "performing" properly, but the rest of the game has improved. Is this the case for anyone else?

Also, Dead of Winter Sub-Zero, does anyone know if he's supposed to have more Special Moves than his Ice Ball and Shoulder Slide? Because for he, he only had those two Specials and nothing else at all. I've never seen a character in the game with so few Specials! I even tried recreating the Variation, making sure to properly select the Tournament Dead of Winter pre-set, but still the same thing.

So I tested things out last night, and I have noticed an improvement.

After installing Shang Tsung and Kombat League patch (5.9 GB), I rebooted my system, and then fired up the game and ran the Benchmark. Video of this here. Basically it went exactly like post-Hotfix, I needed to run the Benchmark twice to get an FPS average of 60 FPS. However, I then loaded up a Training match on Shinnok's Bone Temple, and Stage that always gave me frame drops at the beginning regardless of Benchmark results, and you'll see there are no drops!

I then exited the game and Verified my game's File Integrity, just for shits and giggles; no issues found. I re-fired up the game and ran the Benchmark again. Video here. Interestingly, you can see a huge improvement. However, also interesting that this time I could not achieve a 60 FPS average, despite running the Benchmark thrice and despite it actually being at 60 FPS for most of each test. For some reason, the game averages me out at 59 FPS. I then go and try a quick Practice match on Kotal Kahn's Kolliseum, another stage that always gives me drops at the beginning, and no drops!!!

Overall, that's excellent improvement.

Now, I then went to the Towers of Time and saw a Shang Tsung boss Tower, and also the Shang Tsung Trial Tower. I did both. I played the boss Tower as Fan-Fare Kitana, all perfect. I then went and played the Trial Tower, which forces you to play as Shang Tsung of course, and massive frame drops and issues through the entire Tower (each on in the Trial). It was playable, but not in any serious fashion. The frame drops also were not subsiding over time like they normally do. There were also frame drops and delays in the Intros, which has never happened before.

Thinking something horrible had happened, I fired up a Novice Klassic Tower as Dead of Winter Sub-Zero: everything was silky smooth. No intro lag, no frame drops, nothing.

After completing that Tower, I went into Practice Mode, and did some tests. It seems, whenever I play as Shang Tsung, the game plays horribly. Whenever I play as other characters (I have not tested them all), everything is fine.

I'm going to make a video of this tonight, and then submit all of the above to WB Support; looks like Shang Tsung is not "performing" properly, but the rest of the game has improved. Is this the case for anyone else?

Also, Dead of Winter Sub-Zero, does anyone know if he's supposed to have more Special Moves than his Ice Ball and Shoulder Slide? Because for he, he only had those two Specials and nothing else at all. I've never seen a character in the game with so few Specials! I even tried recreating the Variation, making sure to properly select the Tournament Dead of Winter pre-set, but still the same thing.
yes but the krypt is still a stuttering madness

I'm updating my personal bug list below:

Major

- When playing as Shang Tsung, the game suffers from extreme frame rate drops. There are also delays and drops in the pre-rendered intros when playing as Shang Tsung, which is a completely new part of the game experiencing drops for me. Note this only seems to occur when playing as Shang Tsung, all other characters tested thus far appear fine.

Minor

- General frame drops are present in the game upon booting up (in actual gameplay, not in Menus). The Shang Tsung and Kombat League patch further improved performance over the Jun. 6th Hotfix, and these drops seem to subside quickly outside of the above Major Bug.

- In Character Intros, with "Menu and Special Moves 60 FPS Mode" "On," the first character to speak will not move their mouth. This occurs 100% of the time, and is a bug introduced with Patch 4. On rare occasions, further dialogue will appear slightly out-of-sync. Note this bug only affects characters with lips. Characters like Baraka are unaffected and will always move their mouth, and you might see the headdress on characters like Kotal Kahn move as if speaking, but not his lips.

- Frame drops are still present in the Krypt, and appear rather consistently. Note I'm playing with "Krypt 60 FPS Mode" "Off."

- Visual artifacts and white squares occasionally occur in gameplay, both in matches and in the Krypt.

- Occassionally, the Fatality music will not play when a Fatality is being performed. This occurs with both human controlled and AI controlled characters, and is apparently a cross-platform bug.

- On very rare occasions, the Brutality music will not play, and your character will not say their verbal taunt after finishing a Brutality, despite doing their talking animation. This bug appeared after Patch 5.

- On very rare occasions, the Stage music seems to cut out completely on the “Prehistoric” Stage. I have not had this occur on any other background, including the other Hourglass ones. I have not had this bug occur in some time, it's possibly been resolved by a previous Patch.

Nuisance/Quality of Life

- In order to skip watching intros, I now need to press "Y" as opposed to "A." This was a common thing in the previous two Mortal Kombat games, either on PC or console, as I remap my face buttons to 2,3,1,4. Since "3" is now mapped to "Y," I now have to press this button to skip intros. Ironically while occuring in previous games, this bug was not present in Mortal Kombat 11 until Patch 4.

yes but the krypt is still a stuttering madness
Sorry, can you be more specific on what you're agreeing to? Are you saying yes that the Shang Tsung and Kombat League Patch has further improved performance for you? Are you saying yes that you are also experiencing severe frame drops when playing as Shang Tsung? Are you saying that yes, Dead of Winter Sub-Zero only has two Special Moves?

I just updated my bug list above. I am also experiencing frame drops in the Krypt, though it sounds far more severe for you. I can still run around and play through it just fine, but there are stutters and drops.

Sorry, can you be more specific on what you're agreeing to? Are you saying yes that the Shang Tsung and Kombat League Patch has further improved performance for you? Are you saying yes that you are also experiencing severe frame drops when playing as Shang Tsung? Are you saying that yes, Dead of Winter Sub-Zero only has two Special Moves?

I just updated my bug list above. I am also experiencing frame drops in the Krypt, though it sounds far more severe for you. I can still run around and play through it just fine, but there are stutters and drops.
i was just saying "yeah its cool thats things are smoother for some people" honestly i never had any performances issues during matches or towers. only in the krypt. i just have the green/white flickers still occuring though i know nvidia are working on it

i was just saying "yeah its cool thats things are smoother for some people" honestly i never had any performances issues during matches or towers. only in the krypt. i just have the green/white flickers still occuring though i know nvidia are working on it
Ah, I see. And yes, it's excellent that nVidia's acknowledged the squares. Hopefully we'll see that corrected in a future Driver. Heck, perhaps we'll see overall game improvement with a future Driver.

Gaxkang

Banned
None of the recent patching have made diffs with things I still see.

And either the server is unstable and does disconnects, or if it's say my end's prob after all that means its "always online" thing can't handle even the smallest flicker of Internet service.
But not being able to reconnect to server in game is a real pain.

I was tempted to disable Steam cloud to see If that would affect the heavy memory and I guess hard drive activity after closing the game, but I haven't done it yet. It's like it takes time for Steam to see the game as closed.

I dunno why too why like on low or medium textures that apparently Kano's tattoos or Kintaro's stripes are too intense to render clearly heh. :rolleyes:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
What I do not understand about PC is why dose everyone have issues but I never do.

MK11 installed like a dream, I have not had it crash once. The online play has be fuckign amazing and besides those server issues on day 1 and 2 that hit all systems my personal experience has basically been flawless.

In fact my entire gaming group are all pc players and NONE of us have had any issues of any kind.

I just do not understand what is happening to some people. Like are they in the minority, or am I and literally everyone I know (and all the big youtubers like Sajam, Max and NYCfurby) the only ones that are not having issues.

Immortal

Blind justice....
For me the game always worked great and still does, same with people i play. No desyncs, no crashes. Im running at maxed everything 4K with rock steady 60 fps.

I've seen the minot things like lips sync issue with 60 fps in cut scenes but i dont care about such a things. Overall game wrosk great for most people. There are problems for some but they're in minority.

@Jynks As someone who is having issues, I agree with @Immortal that those not having issues are in the majority. The thing about PC's and PC gaming is that hardware and hardware combinations are so varied, software configurations to, any changes or patches can have larger effects on some people, but not others. Changes can always introduce problems, the developers only have so many test machines in different configurations.

For me, everything was excellent until Patch 5, that Patch introduced lots of performance issues for me. Hopefully QLOC is able to narrow things down and resolve the issues that some of us are having.

Last night, I created a new video for WB Support to showcase the performance issues I'm currently having. For those interested, you can view the video here and below. Time stamps as follows:

0:00 PC Features and In-Game Graphics Settings Configuration
0:14 Benchmark 1, Average FPS 37
1:26 Benchmark 2, Average FPS 36
2:36 Benchmark 3, Average FPS 36
3:45 Benchmark 4, Average FPS 37
4:54 Benchmark 5, Average FPS 57
5:53 Benchmark 6, Average FPS 59
6:46 Benchmark 7, Average FPS 60
8:05 Practice 1, Kitana and Johnny Cage, Minor Frame Drops at Beginning
9:28 Practice 2, Sub-Zero and Kung Lao, No Frame Drops
10:47 Practice 3, Shang Tsung and Jacqui Briggs, Frame Drops Reintroduced at Beginning
12:25 Practice 4, Kitana and Sub-Zero, No Frame Drops
13:26 Practice 5, Shang Tsung and Kung Lao, No Frame Drops
14:43 Practice 6, Kitana and Shang Tsung, No Frame Drops

I'd be curious to know how many of you are experiencing this as well. @deathstroke187 , I tested out the Krypt last night, and for me, minor drops here and there, but nothing crazy or unplayable. Note I am not using the Krypt 60 FPS Mode.

I just sent along the following email, with link to the above video:

Thank you kindly, much appreciated! Could I trouble you to forward another video along to the Game Team?

On Tuesday, the Shang Tsung and Kombat League patch was released, and it seemed my game performance improved slightly overall (I was no longer getting frame drops at the start of matches after running the benchmark a few times), though I was having horrible drops when playing as Shang Tsung himself, including in intros which has never happened before. This was on the evening of the 18th.

I attempted to reproduce this last night, and created this video.

Interestingly, my game's initial performance last night was very poor. I have the gaming running here after a fresh boot of my system, and it takes seven runs of the Benchmark to get back up to 60 FPS average! If you watch the first few Benchmarks, I'm only getting 36 to 37 FPS averages, and again this was never a thing until Patch 5 for me. The seventh run of the Benchmark, a flawless 60 FPS average, is how things always were for me prior to Patch 5.

Unlike the evening of the 18th, frame drops re-occurred at the start of matches as demonstrated in the video's quick Practice sessions. You'll see drops in the first, but none in the second. When I switched the Shang Tsung in the third Practice session, you'll see that they return. After that, they're gone.

So again, could I trouble you please to review and forward along to the Game Team please? In the video's description, I've included time stamps of the different sections and a quick summary of said sections for convenience.

I'm also re-pasting my updated bug list below:

Major

- General to severe frame drops are present in the game upon booting up (in actual gameplay, not in Menus). It's inconsistent how severe or not it'll be from game launch to game launch, but traditionally, two or more runs of the Benchmark are required to get an average of 60 FPS, and drops oft still occur at the start of matches afterwards.

- This only occurred on June 18th, so it might have been a one-off situation: When playing as Shang Tsung, the game suffers from extreme frame rate drops. There are also delays and drops in the pre-rendered intros when playing as Shang Tsung, which is a completely new part of the game experiencing drops for me. Note this only seems to occur when playing as Shang Tsung, all other characters tested thus far appear fine, and playing against him does not have this affect.

Minor

- In Character Intros, with "Menu and Special Moves 60 FPS Mode" "On," the first character to speak will not move their mouth. This occurs 100% of the time, and is a bug introduced with Patch 4. On rare occasions, further dialogue will appear slightly out-of-sync. Note this bug only affects characters with lips. Characters like Baraka are unaffected and will always move their mouth, and you might see the headdress on characters like Kotal Kahn move as if speaking, but not his lips.

- Frame drops are still present in the Krypt, and appear rather consistently. Note I'm playing with "Krypt 60 FPS Mode" "Off."

- Visual artifacts and white squares occasionally occur in gameplay, both in matches and in the Krypt.

- Occasionally, the Fatality music will not play when a Fatality is being performed. This occurs with both human controlled and AI controlled characters, and is apparently a cross-platform bug.

- On very rare occasions, the Brutality music will not play, and your character will not say their verbal taunt after finishing a Brutality, despite doing their talking animation. This bug appeared after Patch 5.

- On very rare occasions, the Stage music seems to cut out completely on the “Prehistoric” Stage. I have not had this occur on any other background, including the other Hourglass ones. I have not had this bug occur in some time, it's possibly been resolved by a previous Patch.

Nuisance/Quality of Life

- In order to skip watching intros, I now need to press "Y" as opposed to "A." This was a common thing in the previous two Mortal Kombat games, either on PC or console, as I remap my face buttons to 2,3,1,4. Since "3" is now mapped to "Y," I now have to press this button to skip intros. Ironically while occurring in previous games, this bug was not present in Mortal Kombat 11 until Patch 4.

Thank you!

So we'll see what happens with upcoming patches for the game.

Last edited:

alexbib

Noob
@alexbib Out of curiosity, what are your system specs?
Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a while. I've got an i7-7700, 16gb ram and a GTX-1060. Windows 10 is updated to the latest version, so are the nVidia drivers. I've got steam, windows and MK installed on an ssd (only 60% full, so there should be no problem on that front). I tried deleting the local files for MK11, verifying the integrity, changing most settings to low, but nothing helps.

Anyway, the performance is still very bad for me in the Shang Tsung patch. CPU usage is almost always 100% and it starts overheating and thermal throttling after 5 minutes of play. I also get framedrops whenever a new effect, character, or whatever (as in an assist, or a fireball, or a fatality) comes into play. In the krypt the performance randomly goes down to around 15fps...

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a while. I've got an i7-7700, 16gb ram and a GTX-1060. Windows 10 is updated to the latest version, so are the nVidia drivers. I've got steam, windows and MK installed on an ssd (only 60% full, so there should be no problem on that front). I tried deleting the local files for MK11, verifying the integrity, changing most settings to low, but nothing helps.

Anyway, the performance is still very bad for me in the Shang Tsung patch. CPU usage is almost always 100% and it starts overheating and thermal throttling after 5 minutes of play. I also get framedrops whenever a new effect, character, or whatever (as in an assist, or a fireball, or a fatality) comes into play. In the krypt the performance randomly goes down to around 15fps...
that is very wierd you and me have very similar setups.. can you screenshot your graphic settings?

Hmmm... your system is similar to mine, though you have a more powerful processor. Your issues definitely sound more severe than mine, as for me, new effects and such rarely lead to performance drops. For me, the game usually takes several minutes after launch, and then things are almost always back to 60 FPS average, save on the odd Stage at the start of it. Kotal Kahn's Kolliseum almost always has drops for the first few seconds for me.

I actually tried last night lowering my resolution from 1080p to 1600x900, and then down to 720p, and no difference what-so-ever. Frame rates always started about 36 to 37 FPS average, and after several minutes, things were great. So I set it back to 1080p since there was no reason not to.

For yourself, if you haven't already, I'd recommend opening a ticket with WB Support. At the very least, you'll be able to provide them with additional info for them to help with the patching process, at best, they'll solve your issue.

So WB Support got back to me re: my latest video and ticket update. They want me to try creating a new Profile in Windows, download the game again, and test.

@Immortal , you really seem to know your stuff, so can I ask your opinion? For me, the game played flawlessly until Patch 5, that Patch seems to have been what introduced the frame rate issues I'm now experiencing. The Performance Hotfix improved my overall performance post-Patch 5, lending credit to this theory, though it's not back to post-Patch performance.

On Jun. 8th, I formatted my system and clean installed everything. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Home, the latest nVidia Drivers, etc. The problems persisted after my format; there was no difference.

My question for you is, in your opinion, do you agree that creating a new profile in Windows 10 and installing and running the game from there will likely not produce a difference? Seeing as how a full format did not, that's my own thinking.

Hmmm... your system is similar to mine, though you have a more powerful processor. Your issues definitely sound more severe than mine, as for me, new effects and such rarely lead to performance drops. For me, the game usually takes several minutes after launch, and then things are almost always back to 60 FPS average, save on the odd Stage at the start of it. Kotal Kahn's Kolliseum almost always has drops for the first few seconds for me.

I actually tried last night lowering my resolution from 1080p to 1600x900, and then down to 720p, and no difference what-so-ever. Frame rates always started about 36 to 37 FPS average, and after several minutes, things were great. So I set it back to 1080p since there was no reason not to.

For yourself, if you haven't already, I'd recommend opening a ticket with WB Support. At the very least, you'll be able to provide them with additional info for them to help with the patching process, at best, they'll solve your issue.
make sure you have hyper threading on in your bios, power plan to performance and i have my settings to high for everything but disabled some stuff.

motion blur
DOF
film grain and my AA is at FXAA and vsync off

make sure you have hyper threading on in your bios, power plan to performance and i have my settings to high for everything but disabled some stuff.

motion blur
DOF
film grain and my AA is at FXAA and vsync off
Is there a way to verify hyperthreading without going to the BIOS? It does indeed show my four cores when I check in Windows 10.

One of the oddities with my new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is that it will not display my BIOS and motherboard start up splash screen on my monitor. My monitor is a decade old and I use a HDMI to DVI for it, and the 1660 will not show the BIOS screen with this. I can always lug my TV upstairs and connect to that, direct HDMI to HDMI and that will work, but is quite the pain to do.

Power Plan is on Performance already, and I have my in-game Graphic Settings maxed save for Motion Blur which is off, as I do not like that. This is how I had everything configured from launch, and it worked perfectly.

I want to say I tried disabling Vsync at one point, and no dice, but I'll test again this weekend.

Is there a way to verify hyperthreading without going to the BIOS? It does indeed show my four cores when I check in Windows 10.

One of the oddities with my new GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is that it will not display my BIOS and motherboard start up splash screen on my monitor. My monitor is a decade old and I use a HDMI to DVI for it, and the 1660 will not show the BIOS screen with this. I can always lug my TV upstairs and connect to that, direct HDMI to HDMI and that will work, but is quite the pain to do.

Power Plan is on Performance already, and I have my in-game Graphic Settings maxed save for Motion Blur which is off, as I do not like that. This is how I had everything configured from launch, and it worked perfectly.

I want to say I tried disabling Vsync at one point, and no dice, but I'll test again this weekend.
for your hyperthreading in your task manager then performance ,you can see if you have logique processors if not your hyper threading is off.

to access your bios is delete if you have asus board or f8 or f9 if you have an intel

for your hyperthreading in your task manager then performance ,you can see if you have logique processors if not your hyper threading is off.

to access your bios is delete if you have asus board or f8 or f9 if you have an intel
Thanks man. To clarify, "logique processors?"

For the BIOS, I do indeed know how to access it, I mean my card will not display it on my monitor due to my HDMI to DVI connection. It's a weird but known issue that can occur with nVidia cards. I was surprised by it when I got my new card in March. The only way I can view my BIOS is to connect my PC to my TV, which is on another floor of the house. That's a direct HDMI and HDMI connection.

When I formatted my PC two weeks ago, I did lug my TV up to my home office so I could see the Windows 10 install screen. Weird but true.