What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
This lessens my want for the sickle snag (even though it gets 300 damage).
I've seen a huge boost in rounds won because of this buff though.

the d4 buff is kinda huge though. Jesus 350 damage AA is a real thing.
I'm only Xbox Master level but bruh I went 4-1 last night in KL, and my only loss was a Noob mirror (dude was grandmaster) lolol, even had a Geras rage quit on me bc once I got the life lead with F221 whiff punishes I started making him come to me. Fun shit.
I got that D4 AA by accident and instantly went to lab it. Shit is LEGIT.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm only Xbox Master level but bruh I went 4-1 last night in KL, and my only loss was a Noob mirror (dude was grandmaster) lolol, even had a Geras rage quit on me bc once I got the life lead with F221 whiff punishes I started making him come to me. Fun shit.
I got that D4 AA by accident and instantly went to lab it. Shit is LEGIT.
While i'm still not pleased on the two KBs not getting adjusted (shadow and b3) I do REALLY enjoy having that added damage on f221. I'm going to really have to lab up the d4 AA. currently I just do a react up shadow to get people off me. Breaking that habit will be hard. Btw I do think up knee against Scorpion low profiles his teleport now. I haven't labbed it hard, but I think when he wants to fake JiK it is basically a universal punish on him.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
While i'm still not pleased on the two KBs not getting adjusted (shadow and b3) I do REALLY enjoy having that added damage on f221. I'm going to really have to lab up the d4 AA. currently I just do a react up shadow to get people off me. Breaking that habit will be hard. Btw I do think up knee against Scorpion low profiles his teleport now. I haven't labbed it hard, but I think when he wants to fake JiK it is basically a universal punish on him.
I anti air with f3. Idk if d4 is better than f3. Who knows

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
For you seeing double players noob can do shit like this now in the corner
113 bf3 amp f3 d1 113 bf3 amp for 4 hits towards his KB in one kombo shit is legit!

Zer0_h0ur

I anti air with f3. Idk if d4 is better than f3. Who knows
I've been shit AA'ing with F3. I get clipped so many times, I think my reactions just suck. I feel like with D4 not only is my hitbox lower, but I can press it later on jump, giving more room for error. Also will work on cross-overs as F3 becomes punishable B3 on cross-overs.

I guess Seen Double is viable now, it's a playstyle that'll be about doing solid punish unbreakable damage (with 113 into slide) here and there while going to the corner and build towards that Krushing Blow. And of course there's the air TP gimmick that sometimes will work against trigger happy players that are good with their anti air I guess.

10?

Remember that tackle does almost 100 damage as does slide.

I don't think it is possible unless you get to 3 rounds. Which is super sad face considering the Geras sand trap and sonya projectile etc.
Each Amp slide does 2 Shadow moves, since we don't have the Tele extender in this variation we "should" be finishing every combo with this move and maybe even hit it in the neutral (also with the aid of B3 as someone said). In the corner we can do combos that builds up 4 shadow moves (at least so far from what I've tried). It is very, very doable now, it's just a matter of wanting to adopt the playstyle.

I've also noticed (you all probably already did too) that we can go for 212, (micro)dash into F221 into the Slide Amp. It's 29%, I guess it's fine. Builds 2 shadow moves, costs 1 bar, does almost 30% and throws the enemy very far, although this would be more useful if this variation had the normal spirit ball instead of this lame one.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Each Amp slide does 2 Shadow moves, since we don't have the Tele extender in this variation we "should" be finishing every combo with this move and maybe even hit it in the neutral (also with the aid of B3 as someone said). In the corner we can do combos that builds up 4 shadow moves (at least so far from what I've tried). It is very, very doable now, it's just a matter of wanting to adopt the playstyle.
but how much damage are you accumulating over those hits? my guess is those bnbs do like 200 damage? So you're looking at like maybe end of round 2 and into round 3.

I just find that silly that you can't have that sucker loaded up end of round 1. That variation would be much more usable IMO.

I guess 24% for the BNB. I think the worst case scenario in which you don't land a single neutral (or B3) Slide Amp you'd finish a round with 8 Shadow Moves, so you can go into round 2 needing 2 shadow moves of course, and if you didn't use it before you'll still have the B1,1+3 KB (and D2 ofc) which has nothing to do with what we're talking about but I believe that in a KB focused variation it makes sense to bring up all the KB damage you can get in a match.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I had gotten the 10 clone KB occassionally with seeing double prepatch on round 3s as close outs, it is more than doable now with slide counting as 2. I can get the KB in round 2 easy now just ending bnbs in mb slide on top of clones in neutral

Just think about it, 10 Shadow Moves means 5 combo opportunities (not counting corner combos that can go up to 4 in 1 combo) and neutral slide amps. I think it's viable. I believe it's nowhere near the overall damage output of Black Sabbath but I honestly believe that you should get more openings with this variation because of the slide move itself and because since your game plan is slightly different from Black Sabbath (at least mine is) you'll get B1,1+3 when you need it more often.

What I mean by that is... When I personally play Black Sabbath it's usually close range because we need our strings and combo starters to work so I find myself fishing for that B1,1+3 and 212 very often, which means the longer the set the less it'll work, makes sense, right? People will stop pressing buttons and getting caught all the time by that move.
When playing Seeing Double I can see myself comfortable in going for that easy "F221 into Slide" punish from mid range and "B3, Slide" also from mid range, so I'm less in their face and making them focus on my long range moves which in theory could open the "B1,1+3" game when you really need it. When I say "need it" I mean that it usually gets people at the first or second round of the first match but it usually stops working when you need to close the set. If you don't abuse it that much with Seeing Double you should surprise them in the end.

To be honest this is all theory, I don't know if it'll work like that but from what I've played and seen people react to Noob, it should be close to how matches will go in kombat league.

Zer0_h0ur

Wait--does reg shadow tackle amp count as 2?

Also does any other char in the game have such a weird number total requirement for a KB? I still get surprised by fatal blows it's gonna be a while until I accurately keep track of how many shadow's I've landed lmao

Wait--does reg shadow tackle amp count as 2?

Also does any other char in the game have such a weird number total requirement for a KB? I still get surprised by fatal blows it's gonna be a while until I accurately keep track of how many shadow's I've landed lmao
From what I tested yesterday Shadow TACKLE amp does not count as 2 shadow moves. But the new Shadow SLIDE amp does.

To be honest, if it did there would be no reason to play Seeing Double even after the patch because Black Sabbath would benefit from the same "Shadow Count" as SD does now.

Zer0_h0ur

BeyondToxin is messin with Seeing Double on stream, I'm def thinking this variation is viable, but people will adjust to blocking low.
My one issue is that damn ghost ball. Most of good Seeing Double damage is NOT able to be breakawayed. So why the F does this variation have ghost ball anyways? What's the purpose? Be better with regular spirit ball honestly.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Really or you trolling?
Sickle port, amp for the uppercut launcher? Yes, day 1.
Start using it so you can realize how erratic it is. I sometimes uppercut in the opposite direction, i get D1'd out of it, or just having the original Noob get hit even with the sickle on the floor and you manifesting over there.
But yea Im definitely liking the increased tackle amp damage. As people got more used to Noob the only amps I would get was the teleport, and if I never open them its just desperate sickport hustles. Now I was comfortable on amped tackle on F221 early in the match since I know I wouldnt really get to use a bar for a while.