What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

He seems basically stronger because the small buff to his shadow damage and the big buff to having a amplified teleport launcher makes him alot more dangerous

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I had to step away during the cast today so I overlooked that Shadow Slide has an amplify now holy shit let's go

I had to step away during the cast today so I overlooked that Shadow Slide has an amplify now holy shit let's go
Yes it leads to full combo that is very useful now they have to respect his air teleport especially when do a jumping attack you can buff into a enhanced launcher that does combo together so good

Also curious about the 49% BNB. I tried going for the old optimal 113 into 113, BF2 but finishing with the AMP and it does 43%.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
So do you guys think Seeing Double is a lot better now? EX slide can now give him some good damage in the corner but it can be a bit tight. It also helps with the Shadow Tackle KB but it's still an uphill battle and chances are nobody is getting hit by tackle unless you use it as an ender.

Also what combo are you guys talking about that's new and/or improved?

It' a bit better... I guess you can use it the same way as before, with the gimmick of the jump teleport and by doing 200-250 damage here and there. Midscreen the shadow slide amp is kinda weird, it reminds me of Skarlet's tentacle, meaning that it throws the opponent really far but the weird part is that this variation doesn't have the fast spirit ball. So it feels like they want this variation to carry the opponent to the corner and make better use of the amp slide there? It's pretty strange because Noob already had a strong corner game, maybe not in this variation but still...

I don't know I just hit the lab so I'm probably overlooking something.

Hollow

THE SHADOWS DO NOT WRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY
It would be a dream if they put the Shadow Slide in the other variation and took away the shadow scythe attack. The fast fireball with shadow slide as it is now and the teleslam would make this character a monster!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I was playing Seeing Double a bit today and I think the Shadow Slide was just a big daddy buff for him. Bar of meter for almost anything you could ever want in a move. It does a hefty 166 damage, gives a launch for the corner and approaching corner that leads to easy 350+, it's -8 on block with pushback, it looks cool, it makes an already good zoning tool in slide better with an extra amplify hit. You can make your hits count more and get more respect with the slide and the tackle buff. I was able to play defensively more because I had damage to win trades and when I got them to the corner I could safely pressure and do damage. It felt good.

Dante

Noob
So still no patch on pc so i cant test shit.
I doubt Seeing double will ever see play even with this change tho

Hollow

So still no patch on pc so i cant test shit.
I doubt Seeing double will ever see play even with this change tho
Agreed. Whilst I like what they've done, there's still too much going for the other variation. These changes have made Kustom Kombat a whole lot better though.

So do you guys think Seeing Double is a lot better now? EX slide can now give him some good damage in the corner but it can be a bit tight. It also helps with the Shadow Tackle KB but it's still an uphill battle and chances are nobody is getting hit by tackle unless you use it as an ender.

Also what combo are you guys talking about that's new and/or improved?
Way better now. Been using it exclusively since the patch and went from Grandmaster to Demi God. Amp slide is safe and pretty fast so it catch people off guard. Ghost ball can catch people who try to jump in on you. His staggers are little more scary because of the threat of the slide. Will have to see how long it takes before people get used to the variation, but for now I'm loving it.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Shadow tackle amp was such a solid boost, but it's a shame bc he should have had that all along.

Basic F221 advancing punishes with a shadow tackle MB now fetch nearly 23%!
I think we're going to see much more Noob soon online.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Shadow tackle amp was such a solid boost, but it's a shame bc he should have had that all along.

Basic F221 advancing punishes with a shadow tackle MB now fetch nearly 23%!
I think we're going to see much more Noob soon online.
This lessens my want for the sickle snag (even though it gets 300 damage).
I've seen a huge boost in rounds won because of this buff though.

the d4 buff is kinda huge though. Jesus 350 damage AA is a real thing.

Hollow

This lessens my want for the sickle snag (even though it gets 300 damage).
I've seen a huge boost in rounds won because of this buff though.

the d4 buff is kinda huge though. Jesus 350 damage AA is a real thing.
Sickle Snag is pretty obsolete at this point. Get rid of Sickle Scythe or whatever that weird teleport scythe move is called and replace it with low shadow slide. Character is off the charts!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Sickle Snag is pretty obsolete at this point. Get rid of Sickle Scythe or whatever that weird teleport scythe move is called and replace it with low shadow slide. Character is off the charts!
Nah...
if they replaced the air teleport with sickle snag in dark sabbath... he would be able to get 300 + damage bnb off f221 for a bar. That alone is a HUGE buff because f221 whiff punishes just about everything.

The low slide amp is pretty neat... but thats it. I don't like the fact that again... there are characters that do not have to spend a bar to be safe on a mid.