What's new

New Reset ?!

Hi tym folks,

i want to show you a reset/free mixup chance i found with quan (if this already exists then excuse me i didnt found it on the forum)

I played him since release (more than 2000 Games with him) then dropped him after patch and picked him up again 2 weeks ago.

So basically i do the following (see the video)

The Theory behind it is the following.

After succesfull jump in you get an advantage. Since you can connect even 4 it seems like the advantage is really high. lets say its 10 frames (maybe more). after 10 frames it disconnects and the opponent can block or poke. Fastest poke or special in the game is 6 frames.

So a 5 frame window where it needs to disconnect and the starter needs to hit.

so lets say b3 is 8 frames (dont know the frame data of quan or of the jump punch advantage). so when u wait 7 frames then b3 it still hits before the fastest poke.

Im using it for about 1 week now off and online and no one ever punished the reset/disconnect.

it seems u have to block. once they realized that they need to block u can go into the mixup with f1,2 and u3.

Tell me what u think. Am i totally wrong ??

you're right this is pretty clever stuff. It will probably work great mixed in with the 1,1 teleport reset as well. Good find I thought this would cause the trance to shoot blank.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
I think the advantage on a JIP only comes when you link a move straight after. For example you can do JIP then JC's f4 which is pretty slow and it will connect. But if you do a jip then a quick poke but delay it or press it after the jip hits then they can block it, if the advantage was the same (big enough to allow f4 each time) then jip's into launcher strings etc would be hit confirmable which is why I'm guessin it doesn't work that way.

Anyway nice find. I'm not sure how much advantage your actually at here that 11 sky drop might not be the better option or even 21 ex skull for the blocked jip which when linked is either a 50,50/ block string/ rune trap/ or throw anyway but I'll see how it works against people sometime.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i do this with pretty much any character with a capture type projectile. Its an awesome oppournity for quan to EX rune trap after an extended combo into trance. Im glad someone else came across it, ive been doing it for the 2 weeks that ive been playing quan and its never been reveresed or punished i dont think it can be

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Now wait...wouldnt you be able to just keep repeating this over and over till the opponents dead? The only thing they could do is breaker right?

This isn't an unavoidable damage reset. What he's doing is faking a string after the jip and delaying the B3 1+2 launcher. If the opponent reads this and blocks low (they'll usually just hold block), they'll block the B3.

This is avoidable but only through blocking. Its not techable.

Its more a reset into mixup.

its blockable. But you can mix it with 1,1,skydrop or jp into 4 or rune trap.

Its just another way to pressure with his mixup.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah, any good player is going to be ready to block this for the rest of their life once it happens once to them.

Jericho

The most complete fighter
I actually came up with something like this myself. I was when it came out, an Ermac player. But then, I started practicing Quan Chi. What I do is b3, 1+2, dash, f1, 2, trance. Then go in with 1, 1, 2, and skydrop from behind. keep doing low pokes or a sweep then hit with b3, 1+2 and repeat the string mentioned. It's won me a good amount of matches so far