What's new

MK11 Single Player Modes and Grind Discussion (Towers of Time, Augments, and Krypt) - Towers are Fixed.

Kratilim

Noob
Hard to base the unlock speed off this thread, but thanks for posting the info at least. I don't mind a little grinding. Sounds to me that you can at least make sure to unlock stuff for your main character by doing the character towers. That was my biggest gripe with the IJ2 system. I wanted a way to focus unlocking on specific characters. Seems that now, you can. Also, NRS has a habbit of balancing things after launch, I think the stuff wouldn't be much different.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
You got me all wrong I will play thousands of matches like mkx and injustice 2, but now I also have to grind the krypt too.
You make it sound like playing through the Krypt is a chore for you? And, honestly, if it is a chore, why are you so dead set against paying for the Krypt's contents?

I'm glad you plan on playing thousands of matches, though, and I say that genuinely; I want people to have fun with the game :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Thank you for all that clarification, I really like the fact that there are character towers you can summon, that's a big step up from IJ2. I don't mind the grindy aspect, players who will mostly player PVE will probably like this and it makes sense, NRS wants to give them a reason to keep playing too.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
A lot of that sounds kind of awful. I know they want the single player experience to last for the single player people but damn, sounds like a grind fest.

I know this is exactly what they want but I hope they will allow us to just buy the s*** we want. I might just buy the stuff to make my optimal looking Shao Kahn, Kollector etc. and stay online lol

That's assuming this is really as bad as it sounds of course.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Hell nah dude, that Kano video was so obnoxious. Those grenades did so much damage and hit at a ridiculous arc. Plus reversed controls? And the ai is immune to the bombs? That shit is going to be so annoying
Yeah, that’s the kind of shit I hated in Injustice 2 towers. They make the fights so annoying and frustrating that you don’t even want to play. I eventually started completely avoiding towers with modifiers because they just weren’t fun at all.

I miss the fun modifiers! I remember in MKX, I had a friend over, and we’d play matches with all these random modifiers on and it was so much fun. Modifiers in Injustice 2 were not fun. At all. Everything was just built to annoy you. I hate to see that in MK11 :(

Honestly after rereading the OP it doesn't sound bad at all, all the annoying shit is stuff I would ignore i.e. augments and consumables.

It seems straightforward to unlock the things you want for your character - do character towers for for their tower rewards and follow an eventual Krypt guide for their Krypt rewards.

Gotta say it, dont shit on NRS for this type of stuff. NRS developes the game, WB publishes it. Ed Boon and Co really dont have any personal stake in whether people buy time koins or any shit like that. NRS are basically employees doing what they are told to do. When WB says put in some bs lootboxes or currency, NRS doesnt have a say in it.

Just know the difference...

DDustiNN

It seems straightforward to unlock the things you want for your character - do character towers for for their tower rewards and follow an eventual Krypt guide for their Krypt rewards.
Unfortunately, it sounds like Krypt chests are randomized. There was a post where one player followed along with another, and they opened the exact same chest, exact same coordinates, but they had different chest unlock price and rewards.

It was also mentioned that locked fatalities don’t unlock simply by inputting the commands - you have to actually unlock them first, like Brutalities in MKX.

That alone sounds awful. Truly, truly awful. That is such a hype killer :(

DDustiNN

This honestly sounds like they took all of the shitty concepts from a free mobile game and dumped them into a full-priced console game. I’m so disappointed...

I really hope they address this on the Kombat Kast. Surely this is the reason we haven’t seen anything about the Krypt.

I'm extremely disappointed. They seem to be doing everything to make the player waste time on bullshit or buy microtransactions. Then again this is my first impression, maybe I'm wrong, but this shit looks annoying.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
OP here. I'm open to the idea that some of these battles are just me being me. So far my experience has been.. inconsistent to say the least.

For example, the first co-OP battle just popped up for me. It's a single fight against Jade, and you can either let the game find a partner for you, invite someone yourself to a private tag match, or go solo. I couldn't get anyone else so I went in solo and beat her on my second attempt.

Then a few towers later I come across the Kollector as a boss, with 2 assists- Rains bubble, and Blood red vampire bats. The rain bubble seemingly appears below your feet every 10 or so seconds and can be blocked. The bats fly horizontally across the screen in packs of 3. There is a gap between the first bat and the other 2. So if you get hit by the first, you can still block the next 2. For each bat that hits you, you take damage and the opponent recovers HP.

This fight took me about 10 tries before I decided to use a consumable. The AI is coded to anti air me half the time as soon as I leave the ground. And the Kollector does boosted damage in this fight. However, I found one of the best consumables for a hit sponge boss like this - Nitaras rain that takes 3 slots and lasts forever. It does damage over time to the enemy and leaves a puddle on the ground, standing on which recovers HP. Also, it goes off cooldown every 30 seconds and stacks! So it was an epic battle of attrition with the kollector that lasted 200 seconds but I came out on top.

I'm still in the process of beating Noobs second character tower so no updates there. To even attempt the final 2 towers, I have to get 75 fatalities and 75 brutalities done as noob, and I'm only on 30, and 5 respectively.

Regarding the Krypt, I am not aware if its randomized, but based on its design I can say that certainly there are items that are randomized but big, key unlocks might be the same for everyone?

I dont want anyone to come out of this thread regretting their purchase. Look at the silver lining, you could still be playing this game 2 years from today and still unlocking new things. I would say this is bad news to anyone who wanted to unlock everything for their character in the first month, which is an unrealistic expectation in my opinion.

OP here. I'm open to the idea that some of these battles are just me being me. So far my experience has been.. inconsistent to say the least.

For example, the first co-OP battle just popped up for me. It's a single fight against Jade, and you can either let the game find a partner for you, invite someone yourself to a private tag match, or go solo. I couldn't get anyone else so I went in solo and beat her on my second attempt.

Then a few towers later I come across the Kollector as a boss, with 2 assists- Rains bubble, and Blood red vampire bats. The rain bubble seemingly appears below your feet every 10 or so seconds and can be blocked. The bats fly horizontally across the screen in packs of 3. There is a gap between the first bat and the other 2. So if you get hit by the first, you can still block the next 2. For each bat that hits you, you take damage and the opponent recovers HP.

This fight took me about 10 tries before I decided to use a consumable. The AI is coded to anti air me half the time as soon as I leave the ground. And the Kollector does boosted damage in this fight. However, I found one of the best consumables for a hit sponge boss like this - Nitaras rain that takes 3 slots and lasts forever. It does damage over time to the enemy and leaves a puddle on the ground, standing on which recovers HP. Also, it goes off cooldown every 30 seconds and stacks! So it was an epic battle of attrition with the kollector that lasted 200 seconds but I came out on top.

I'm still in the process of beating Noobs second character tower so no updates there. To even attempt the final 2 towers, I have to get 75 fatalities and 75 brutalities done as noob, and I'm only on 30, and 5 respectively.

Regarding the Krypt, I am not aware if its randomized, but based on its design I can say that certainly there are items that are randomized but big, key unlocks might be the same for everyone?

I dont want anyone to come out of this thread regretting their purchase. Look at the silver lining, you could still be playing this game 2 years from today and still unlocking new things. I would say this is bad news to anyone who wanted to unlock everything for their character in the first month, which is an unrealistic expectation in my opinion.
Agreed, there is an upside in that the krypt wont be a one and done experience.

D

Deleted member 35141

How can the Krypt be random? Somehow you need to finish it and open all boxes. So at the end everyone should have the same stuff
Nope you unlock rooms but can repurchase a room of chests for more stuff but all RANDOM

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
How can the Krypt be random? Somehow you need to finish it and open all boxes. So at the end everyone should have the same stuff
In the OP I've shown a screenshot of Kronikas item letting you respawn chests. In another video I saw a shrine that gives you rewards in exchange for coins.

My guess is some chests are static in the krypt but the vast majority are random. Also considering krypt is also a source for consumables and crafting materials, the number of chests is theoretically infinite