What's new

MK11 Next-Gen edition: I am SO torn ...

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I don't know anything about programming or game development.
  • But Rockstar are better than NRS
  • MK11 runs at a rock solid 60 fps and RDRS runs at 30 with your PS4 sounding like a 747 taking off.
RDR2 and TLOU 2 are the best looking games on PS4 though and it's not even close.

Yeah, the fact that MK11 doesn't overheat the console kinda tells me that the game isn't really pushing the console at all. There has to be plenty of juice and little opitmizations they can make to make 2v2 or even OP Shang that can transform into anyone work.
They either can't be bothered or are just saving it for the wow factor for their next game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah, the fact that MK11 doesn't overheat the console kinda tells me that the game isn't really pushing the console at all. There has to be plenty of juice and little opitmizations they can make to make 2v2 or even OP Shang that can transform into anyone work.
They either can't be bothered or are just saving it for the wow factor for their next game.
As much as I'd like that, I don't see that being possible. MK11 is still a good looking game that runs well, definitely a noticeable improvement over I2 which was a noticeable improvement over MKX.

MK11 already looks gorgeous, I'm excited to see what the extra muscle of the next consoles will let them do.
I'd expect it'll simply bring the console versions up to visual snuff with the PC version. So native 4K, 60 FPS menus, Krypt, Intros, Fatal Blows, perhaps some better anti-aliasing and reflections.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
ok for starters next gen consoles definitely aren't that strong lol. secondly does any of the game designers here want to explain to me a good control scheme for shang to transform into 36 different characters.
  1. Back, Forward, Block
  2. Forward, Back, Block
  3. Back, Back, Block
  4. Forward, Forward, Block
  5. Down, Down, Block
  6. Down, Forward, Block
  7. Down, Back, Block
  8. Forward, Down, Block
  9. Back, Down, Block
  10. Forward, Down, Back, Block
  11. Back, Down, Forward, Block
  12. Block, Block, Block
  13. Stance, Stance, Stance
  14. Block, Stance, Block
  15. Stance, Block, Stance
  16. Back, Forward, Stance
  17. Forward, Back, Stance
  18. Back, Back, Stance
  19. Forward, Forward, Stance
  20. Down, Down, Stance
  21. Down, Forward, Stance
  22. Down, Back, Stance
  23. Forward, Down, Stance
  24. Back, Down, Stance
  25. Forward, Down, Back, Stance
  26. Back, Down, Forward, Stance
  27. Down, Block, Stance
  28. Down, Stance, Block
  29. (Hold Down Block) Forward, Back, Forward
  30. (Hold Down Block) Back, Down, Back
  31. (Hold Down Block) Forward, Down, Back
  32. (Hold Down Block) Back, Down, Forward
  33. (Hold Down Stance) Forward, Back, Forward
  34. (Hold Down Stance) Back, Down, Back
  35. (Hold Down Stance) Forward, Down, Back
  36. (Hold Down Stance) Back, Down, Forward

The PS4 is capable of reading 50 MBs of uncompressed data per second (100 MBs if compressed).

The PS5 is capable of reading 5 Gigabytes of uncompressed data per second (20 GBs if compressed and processed via the Kraken engine)

A PS5 is able to load a level in Marvel’s Spider-Man in 0.8 seconds while the PS4 needs about 20 seconds for the exact same level. The argument that the next-gen consoles aren’t THAT much better than current gen does not make sense in any way, shape or form.

Here's the PS5 loading a stage in Demon's Souls - a game with 4K textures, within two seconds:

I’m not saying that MK11 will have Shang morphing into anyone in a split of a second on a next-gen console. I’m saying it COULD, if NRS would bother.

And no, they couldn’t do it on a current-gen console with those graphics and those obsolete, slow-as-fuck HDDs.