What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Alright boys. I dont wanna beat a dead horse over here, but with kustoms being legal within the next patch, what are some kustom variations that we all think are viable? I've been trying to use sunglasses and stunt double together, and I definitely can see it being useful in some situations. Thoughts?

Error404

Noob
Alright boys. I dont wanna beat a dead horse over here, but with kustoms being legal within the next patch, what are some kustom variations that we all think are viable? I've been trying to use sunglasses and stunt double together, and I definitely can see it being useful in some situations. Thoughts?
I used the chip buff , low forceball and rising star. It was okay. Not great , but 3,5 % chip on a forceball is effective m 121 into ex rising star is 11% on block so that's neat

Jbog

Noob
This poke patch should really change jc game plan hopefully not for the worst. If d1 rising star is killed on block it show stopper for me. Maybe even shock jock.

Throwing shades is a Necessity imo. His easiest KB to get and a really good one at that. Everything is kinda just filler and MU dependent. I’m running Throwing Shades, Low Force Ball and Rising Star. Another one I’ll run will just replace Low Force Ball for Pissed Off in the MUs where straight forceballs would be better.

They need to buff Flippy Kick so that it has utiltiy at least compared to Rising Star with the custom changes. Either make it AB to let you get crazy oki or atlest extend a combo to add some extra damage/wakeup options/distance.

Also Pissed Off either needs a non-comamnd grab input or at least give it more oomph like it catching armor but that may make it conflcit with flippy kick's minimal AB niche.

Last edited:

Error404

Noob
I've tried multiple loadouts and nothing seems particularly good in all MUs . I'll wait and see if Caged Rage, Mime Time or the Stunt doubles get some kind of rework . Right now though , it's looking kinda rough

I've been experimenting with Johnny but I definitely agree with the sentiment that a lot of his moves have a trouble flowing together. I'm still testing the utility of stunt double, but its easy to just jump it all together. Shades are a necessity imo, but a lot of his moves just feel incomplete together. Other characters are definitely gonna benefit from this more, and I hope we have some reworks at least, because a good portion are downright unusable.

They need to buff Brass Knuckles and are more than likely going to buff Stunt Double because I can’t find any sort of use for it right now. Also Brass Knuckes increases the damage of Pissed Off when active. So that’s neat

Error404

Noob
They need to buff Brass Knuckles and are more than likely going to buff Stunt Double because I can’t find any sort of use for it right now. Also Brass Knuckes increases the damage of Pissed Off when active. So that’s neat
The part about brass knuckles and pissed off is definitely not true

I think Johnny's mime moveshould also alter some other part of his gameplay. Like he should get a new 124 that instead makes him do a little mime slap bit that keeps them standing. Something that makes it a sidegrade to base 124, giving up some safety an momentum for better corner pressure and oki.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Right, so I still wanna get home and test things myself, but I trust Kompetitor's word when it comes to Johnny, and from listening to him, it sound like JC's walking away from this patch smiling.

According to him, Straight Forceballs now jail on all but 3 characters. They completely whiff on Joker (feelsbad) and are inconsistent against Kitana and Raiden.

Also, his D3's now +14 on hit, so it's dummy easy to jail into 244. How does this sound now moving forward?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe that this shit should've been fixed a year ago, but I guess this is just a 'Better late than never' scenario. I still wish they looked at his KBs, but fuck it.

heildan

NANI?!
That's more in line with a fix, but I ain't complaining.

Wish they gave new base moves for all the roster like japanese developers sometimes do (or like mk9 unlisted moves).

Last edited: