What's new

MK11 Johnny Cage General Discussion

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Might be off topic a bit but do most you guys use monitors? Did it improve your gameplay a bit? Like I know damn well I’m fuzzing stuff but can’t tell if it’s the opponents internet or if it’s because I’m playing on tv.
I stopped playing on a 42”
LCD TV during Injustice 1. With a good monitor, you will immediately notice the lack of input delay. Fucking night and day difference.

Rizz091

Noob
Might be off topic a bit but do most you guys use monitors? Did it improve your gameplay a bit? Like I know damn well I’m fuzzing stuff but can’t tell if it’s the opponents internet or if it’s because I’m playing on tv.
Yeah I switched from tv to monitor after playing sfv on PC for a while and then trying to play Injustice 2 on a TV when it came out. I felt a noticable delay even on the menus. Hooked my ps4 up to my PC monitor and haven't looked back. The difference in insane.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Man I know this is irrelevant as hell, but holy shit it feels good absolutely beating a good Cetrion - had to fatal that piece of shit for counterpicking LOL. Forceballs whiff on top of her stupid ass zoning

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Reo is currently doing a tier list on his stream. He's doing literal placements of these characters, so no S tier or A tier....He's just doing best to worst in order. He has Johnny at #20 out of 26. Characters worse than him are Kollector, Frost, Shao, Kotal, Kano and Dvorah.

I don't disagree with this placement. Johnny isn't good.

Man I know this is irrelevant as hell, but holy shit it feels good absolutely beating a good Cetrion - had to fatal that piece of shit for counterpicking LOL. Forceballs whiff on top of her stupid ass zoning
I lost all patience with her. If my opponent picks Cetrion, I quit. I don't care if I never get better with that matchup. I don't care about my record anymore. Same thing with Sonya. I don't buy fighting games to chase these cowardly tryhards at full screen every match. The knock back from projectiles makes me want to pull my hair out. Even if I win with Cage, using him is like cutting myself thousands of times, but I heal instantly. This love/hate relationship is eating at my sanity. FIX MY CHARACTER, NRS!

Hello everyone,

I was just curious what everyone is using as their krushing blow combo off of the nutpunch from midscreen. The one I currently use is barely more damage than his normal bnb and I would really appreciate it if someone could share theirs.

Hawfy

"Martini Shot"
Hello everyone,

I was just curious what everyone is using as their krushing blow combo off of the nutpunch from midscreen. The one I currently use is barely more damage than his normal bnb and I would really appreciate it if someone could share theirs.
F3, 121, shadow kick or F3, S1 or S2, F4 nut punch.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I lost all patience with her. If my opponent picks Cetrion, I quit. I don't care if I never get better with that matchup. I don't care about my record anymore. Same thing with Sonya. I don't buy fighting games to chase these cowardly tryhards at full screen every match. The knock back from projectiles makes me want to pull my hair out. Even if I win with Cage, using him is like cutting myself thousands of times, but I heal instantly. This love/hate relationship is eating at my sanity. FIX MY CHARACTER, NRS!
I have a friend that plays Cetrion so I play the MU a lot. I’d much rather play against her than Sonya or Cassie. If your green ball game is on point, she can have a tough time getting any of her zoning going. Up close she’s not all that bad. She’s pretty unsafe. This MU takes a ton of patience. Most of our matches end on round 3 with both of us down to like 20% health. Fuck those teleports though. Chase, chase, chase....

K03bIPb

Noob
I have a friend that plays Cetrion so I play the MU a lot. I’d much rather play against her than Sonya or Cassie. If your green ball game is on point, she can have a tough time getting any of her zoning going. Up close she’s not all that bad. She’s pretty unsafe. This MU takes a ton of patience. Most of our matches end on round 3 with both of us down to like 20% health. Fuck those teleports though. Chase, chase, chase....
That's a bit nervous. I don't like play mk always on fullscreen chasing somebody like Liu, Sonya, Cetrion, Skarlet, Jade etc. Shang is on second place after Cetrion on the hate scale. I was very glad to see two days ago patch on PC about fixing Shang's sparks framedata. Now I can punish it with Shadow Kick, but it doesn't matter — I can't catch him.
I suck even against noobs on these matchups, but good spammers completely destroys not so good character Johnny on distance. That's the of the reasons why I am losing my attention to that game - if they have better zoning they get very good adventage against you. You lose 10% of your health by cheap damage and then your opponent momentaly close the distance and punish you for dashing. Zoning is very cheap and adventagable in this game. Sad, sad, sad...
I can win sometimes, but games like that are very boring to play.

Last edited:

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I find Raiden being pretty decent against Cetrion. I started out this game having Raiden as a second but ultimately stopped playing him. His projectile's near instant animation works sooooo well against her. Electric fly crushes ground pound granted she plays the other variation. Lightning Strike (or whatever it's called) has a lot of hitadvantage and can be looped on hit. Raiden can make her think carefully from everywhere on the screen. And the teleport is good for obvious reasons. F4 is also really solid here if you stay outside projectile wall distance. The projectile also hits her out of the air when she does firebeams

The thing about Raiden is he gets quite the damage actually. She HAS to breakaway, but unlike most the cast, Raiden has no issue chasing her down afterwards. It's not free per se, it still requires a lot of thinking on your end but Raiden definitely has the tools in this matchup

K03bIPb

Noob
I find Raiden being pretty decent against Cetrion. I started out this game having Raiden as a second but ultimately stopped playing him. His projectile's near instant animation works sooooo well against her. Electric fly crushes ground pound granted she plays the other variation. Lightning Strike (or whatever it's called) has a lot of hitadvantage and can be looped on hit. Raiden can make her think carefully from everywhere on the screen. And the teleport is good for obvious reasons. F4 is also really solid here if you stay outside projectile wall distance. The projectile also hits her out of the air when she does firebeams

The thing about Raiden is he gets quite the damage actually. She HAS to breakaway, but unlike most the cast, Raiden has no issue chasing her down afterwards. It's not free per se, it still requires a lot of thinking on your end but Raiden definitely has the tools in this matchup
Is second var good VS her? That should be counter of her jumping firestrikes with his insane antiair, his lightning hands should safe us against cheap damage and charging into a good 4 frame reversal. We lost his teleport, but we have our superman special to close distance against every whiffed ground pound or planst and, maybe, we can use it after jumping over rocks.

I have been playing ctr lately but decided to play mk 11 again for the daily challenge. Played a liu, 2 jax, and 3 Sonyas before i hopped off. Im a solo Johnny main btw so no secondarys. This character is incomplete and tbh I'll rather not be playable because its so irritating playing him against these characters with because pressure and kbs. I really think NRS balancing team need to be fired

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
That's a bit nervous. I don't like play mk always on fullscreen chasing somebody like Liu, Sonya, Cetrion, Skarlet, Jade etc. Shang is on second place after Cetrion on the hate scale. I was very glad to see two days ago patch on PC about fixing Shang's sparks framedata. Now I can punish it with Shadow Kick, but it doesn't matter — I can't catch him.
I suck even against noobs on these matchups, but good spammers completely destroys not so good character Johnny on distance. That's the of the reasons why I am losing my attention to that game - if they have better zoning they get very good adventage against you. You lose 10% of your health by cheap damage and then your opponent momentaly close the distance and punish you for dashing. Zoning is very cheap and adventagable in this game. Sad, sad, sad...
I can win sometimes, but games like that are very boring to play.
The thing about cetrion though, is that her boulder game gets crushed by green ball spam. After you hit her with one that’s not a trade, you can keep firing. She can’t get the zoning going again very well. Problem is if you’re at a life deficit, you’ll have to dash and throw a green ball. That’s when she’ll make moves. Eventually you’ll meet face to face and her up close game is punishable if you make good reads and have quick reflexes. If she ever cancels a string into that fucking rock shield, immediately punish with 12~full combo. Don’t end combos with shadow kick. Corner carry is worthless against her. Nut punch or flip kick.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Is second var good VS her? That should be counter of her jumping firestrikes with his insane antiair, his lightning hands should safe us against cheap damage and charging into a good 4 frame reversal. We lost his teleport, but we have our superman special to close distance against every whiffed ground pound or planst and, maybe, we can use it after jumping over rocks.
I've seen Kombat use Raijin, but that wasnt against Cetrion. He has used the Thunder Wave against her. I think it was against Sonya he used Raijin. Raijin seems very situational. You lose out on a lot of damage but gain access to some excellent reversal tools and some extra zoning tools

Owerbart

I miss you
Just make f3 a mid for christ sake. Johnny has no mix ups and is doomed to live in a world with shit hitboxes and with a too slow mid.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
It doesn't really. I'm not a fan of the idea of giving him mindless staggers with jump distance range.

He only really needs forceballs not to suck. If you can't crouch block under them his mid-range will be complete and he'll be good to go
Fully agree. If forceballs don't whiff on any crouch blocking opponent (with maybe some buffs to his Krushing Blows), I think Johnny will be completely fine.

K03bIPb

Noob
The thing about cetrion though, is that her boulder game gets crushed by green ball spam. After you hit her with one that’s not a trade, you can keep firing. She can’t get the zoning going again very well. Problem is if you’re at a life deficit, you’ll have to dash and throw a green ball. That’s when she’ll make moves. Eventually you’ll meet face to face and her up close game is punishable if you make good reads and have quick reflexes. If she ever cancels a string into that fucking rock shield, immediately punish with 12~full combo. Don’t end combos with shadow kick. Corner carry is worthless against her. Nut punch or flip kick.
It works sometimes. After boulder in your ass you get blockstun: she has an advantage. Then she bursts water under your knees and you get fullcombo for trying to do something. Agains good Cetrion as Johnny you can't do much with her. Shitty green balls whiffs on her...