What's new

Latest MK11 Patch Adds Crossplay

If PC crossplay is not implemented it will be a severe failure on the part of NRS
Since when has PC ever been on par with the console versions when it comes to anything? (maybe release date?)

Give it time and it should happen. As has been mentioned, they're working with consoles because 1/ the NRS team develops for them, 2/ that's where almost all the sales are.

PC will come once things get finalised and the PC port team gets the code to make it happen.

Not sure if it's true but some people on Reddit are saying there are Crossplay Rooms
This is mentioned in the FAQ linked on a previous page.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
My PC bros need to chill out. It's a tricky beta feature we've known about for 5 min and only had access to for like 30 seconds.

Nobody is being persecuted. Let the situation breath for a few days before throwing you wrists over your eyes and swooning to the ground from lack of sustenance.

Thingy

Retired account
My PC bros need to chill out. It's a tricky beta feature we've known about for 5 min and only had access to for like 30 seconds.

Nobody is being persecuted. Let the situation breath for a few days before throwing you wrists over your eyes and swooning to the ground from lack of sustenance.
Right? MK has always been a console dominant game. I wasn't sitting there bitching about the perks that PC got over console with Overwatch.

Check out online menus , there is option for cross play now .At least on ps4 . So they activated it
Available on xbox as well.

So far i've been matched up and played one PS4 player. The other 5 so far have been xbox players. Considering that platform has >2x the playerbase i'm surprised i haven't had more matchups. Although still early days, many people probably don't even know, or haven't enabled it, or aren't playing casuals.

SFV and Killer Instinct
OK, but we're talking about NRS games here. I didn't think i had to spell it out...

Since when has an NRS PC port ever been on par with the console versions when it comes to anything? (maybe release date?)
Better?

But appo probably got it right. The other games were both developed by the main team and there were no ports. NRS is working on the lead platforms and developing the code for it. The ports then get the finalised code down the track which is why they're always behind.

People really need to take a step back and think about things instead of always going straight to "OMG, i'm getting screwed again, why doesn't anyone care!!?!?"

Zviko

Noob
People really need to take a step back and think about things instead of always going straight to "OMG, i'm getting screwed again, why doesn't anyone care!!?!?"
I can see people understand all that and that's not the problem. The problem is they don't say if they are working on this for PC or not. That's what I'd like to know. In Q&A it says "not available on PC at this time" but what does it mean? Is it because it's still in the beta? Are they even working on it?

And it's not just for this. Sometimes I feel like community managers are there for no reason at all. We also get Kombat Kasts only when the new character is about to be released. Why? Why don't they do a Kombat Kast every few weeks or once per month and just talk about stuff, reading our suggestions, what are they working on, any balance changes in future etc. I know they listen, they've shown this but not everything needs to be a surprise like KL kap limit or now this with crossplay. Give us something to look forward to. And it's alright to say "we can't do it right now but we are/were trying". That counts too. Way better than silence.

OK, but we're talking about NRS games here. I didn't think i had to spell it out...
It was pretty reasonable for me to figure we were talking about fighting games with cross play.

both games where the devs have to take care of only two platforms. on the one side ps4 and pc, on the other xbox and pc.
nr is doing ps4 and xbox while switch and pc have different port teams. with crossplay you need to be on par which is why they start with the consoles since that are the ones they lay hand on themself....
I was merely giving an answer to the question. Are those games on PC not on par with their console counterparts?
I'm well aware of what NRS has before them in order to include PC and Switch to this feature.

KI pC port came years after the console version. SF5 PC port had a rootkit installed so no they were not treated the same as the console versions
I actually wondered if someone would mention the root kit. It 100% never should have happened and is insanely bad of course, but has nothing to do with whether the PC version was in parity with console or how good the port turned out.

KI came out on PC later, yes, but the port was great. These games were on par with each other between their available platforms, which is the question I thought I was answering.

I actually wondered if someone would mention the root kit. It 100% never should have happened and is insanely bad of course, but has nothing to do with whether the PC version was in parity with console or how good the port turned out.

KI came out on PC later, yes, but the port was great. These games were on par with each other between their available platforms, which is the question I thought I was answering.
If things coming to PC later isn't a problem then wait to see If they'll add it to pc later.

The rootkit is the easy low hanging fruit , of course I ve picked it. It shows a disparity between theconsole and the pc port IMO

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
How many majors, tournaments in MK in general have been played on PC again as oppose to consoles? Curious anyone know? I can't find any when I looked.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
so, how is the experience so far.
for a feature so many people always ask for, especially in fighting games, its very silent here with barely any feedback.
how is the beta going?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
for a feature so many people always ask for, especially in fighting games, its very silent here with barely any feedback.
how is the beta going?
I played all of one person cross play. Felt just fine and normal.

The xbox player was a bit of a tool. Tracked me down on PSN to call me trash after a tea bag fest. So beat them next match, returned some bags and ran; which seemed like the only decent thing to do. I learned I was a spammer, which was valuable information I didn't know.

Seriously though, it seems like worth being totally optimistic about. I'm sure it's a bigger deal for the XBox players, but easier it is to find players the longer people will play.

Do hope it rolls into PC. It can get a little quite over there some times.

how is the beta going?
Crossplay is only available in kasual mode, so basically I only had 2 crossplay matches which worked perfectly. Hope I'll get some more in when this season is over.