What's new

Johnny Cage must not be normalized.

Should Johnny Cage be normalized?

• Yes, but only Show Stopper.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Those suggestions are horrendous and would decimate Outtake.

For the most part, NRS seem to listen to only themselves as far as balance decisions are concerned, which is a good thing in my opinion. Tournament players are financially invested in the game, online players are emotionally invested, and stream monster need a boogeyman to hate. NRS ought to trust their vision for the game and continue following their instincts.

Zviko

Noob
I really want someone that wants Rising Star to get the same treatment as Cassie’s Up Glow Kick to explain why it should get that same nerf & why those moves are apparently the same & used the same way
And I'd like to know why it should stay unchanged. Why exactly does Johnny need Rising star as it is right now?

Those suggestions are horrendous and would decimate Outtake.

For the most part, NRS seem to listen to only themselves as far as balance decisions are concerned, which is a good thing in my opinion. Tournament players are financially invested in the game, online players are emotionally invested, and stream monster need a boogeyman to hate. NRS ought to trust their vision for the game and continue following their instincts.
This is actually the most accurate thing I have ever heard on this forum.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This is actually the most accurate thing I have ever heard on this forum.
Remember when Nrs was financially invested in making DLC OP for two weeks? The truth is the guys at nrs community need to actually know how their game and good fighting games are played in order to make logical decisions instead of being swayed by anything but these guidelines. Obviously they’re not there yet. Before anyone replies, The alternative is that they’re phoning it in because people will buy anything with MK on it. Either way it doesnt matter does it

heildan

NANI?!
Wait, excuse me?!?! Were Kombat not joking when he suggested those nerfs? For real?

Those were absurd. People seems to forget that balancing involves trading off some tools a character has.

+6 recovery frames on his projectile? Its like, a lot. On top of that, suggesting it alongside 124 and rising star nerfs. Makes me wonder. I mean, Outtake may be busted right now, but the variation has no KBs besides d2 going for it. What would they give him or do to other characters to compensate that?

Showstopper glasses KB back to its original state? Might as well buff Camera KB and change its requirements to a super easy one, scale less.

Less plus frames on his 124, a basekit move? Make some of his moves mids or take away some startup frames on his other moves.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Those nerfs show exactly why i keep laughing at people. They literally dont understand fighting games, and im so glad NRS realized this and refuses to listen to such nonsense.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
If 124 and fireballs become +2, then f4 startup should be 11.

And Kombat, dropping Cage for Geras to actually win tourneys and then asking for Cage nerfs, has become the current biggest joke as a Cage main.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If 124 and fireballs become +2, then f4 startup should be 11.

And Kombat, dropping Cage for Geras to actually win tourneys and then asking for Cage nerfs, has become the current biggest joke as a Cage main.
Erm, has anyone won a tournament lately without using Cage, though?

It seems like it’s almost becoming a prerequisite for victory, since Outtake was added.

Last edited:

M.D.

Hah , joke's on you i'm a Kabal main

Erm, has anyone won a tournament lately without using Cage, though?

It seems like it’s almost becoming a prerequisite for victory, since Outtake was added.
You mean besides Sonic and NinjaKilla? Seems they're the ones winning lately no matter the char.

Also, who cares about Outtake, outtake is literally NRS's answer to all the hitbox complaints.
Ah you can't play shock jock? here's some op spam crap to shut you up and look the other way.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You mean besides Sonic and NinjaKilla? Seems they're the ones winning lately no matter the char.

Also, who cares about Outtake, outtake is literally NRS's answer to all the hitbox complaints.
Ah you can't play shock jock? here's some op spam crap to shut you up and look the other way.
And Kombat.

We know that both Sonic and Ninja both have a history of using characters they think are OP to win.

I think it's fair to ask when the last time is that anyone won a serious event without Cage.

And likely if Sonic really wanted to win NEC rather than just proving a point by locking Kollector, we'd likely have seen his Cage come out again as well.

mrapchem

Noob
I bet alotta people agreeing with this were the same people looking at sonic calling their character OP and were like sONic dOeSNt kNoW wUT hEs TaLKiNg ABoUT.
Indeed.

The issue with SonicFox's tier list was that he only seemed to based his views on characters' individual strengths and relative busted-ness, while ignoring their weaknesses and individual match-up numbers. Hence, why Johnny is viewed as number 1 when he doesn't match-up very well against most of the girls in this game.

Wigy

There it is...
And Kombat.

We know that both Sonic and Ninja both have a history of using characters they think are OP to win.

I think it's fair to ask when the last time is that anyone won a serious event without Cage.

And likely if Sonic really wanted to win NEC rather than just proving a point by locking Kollector, we'd likely have seen his Cage come out again as well.
He has some dodgy matchups. He just does good against the mainstay S tier. I don't think that means he's OP. Pros just need to step away from the geras cetrion Kang etc.

With Liu Kang, ninjakilla and rewind just came out of nowhere and started winning tournaments, and top 8's had like 5 Liu kangs. This isn't the same.

If they want to touch his arcing forceballs go for it. But I don't see people getting zoned out at all in tournaments.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
He has some dodgy matchups. He just does good against the mainstay S tier. I don't think that means he's OP. Pros just need to step away from the geras cetrion Kang etc.

With Liu Kang, ninjakilla and rewind just came out of nowhere and started winning tournaments, and top 8's had like 5 Liu kangs. This isn't the same.

If they want to touch his arcing forceballs go for it. But I don't see people getting zoned out at all in tournaments.
Out of nowhere? Ninja's been always using Kang. 5 Liu Kang? Show me a top 8 with those 5 Kangs.

Dodgy matchups? Show me those MUs that outtake loses. I bet there is at most 1 losing MU

As a jock player I don’t really care if they nerf outtake as much.
As long as liu and geras get nerfed again.

Wigy

There it is...
Out of nowhere? Ninja's been always using Kang. 5 Liu Kang? Show me a top 8 with those 5 Kangs.

Dodgy matchups? Show me those MUs that outtake loses. I bet there is at most 1 losing MU
Cassie and frost probably. Her nades stop his zoning and trade well. Cassie can use low guns to do the same. Dragon made fox switch immediately with kitana.

Poke into rising star can be punished by all of them.

I don't remember which tournament I just remember people mentioning it.

Hey at least if you're right and cage is top we will have a skillful character on the top. Not potato geras and Liu kangs - who both have top tournament usage when I last checked.

M.D.

Outtake, and Cage alltogether loses free to

Jade
Frost
Jacqui
Cassie
Sonya
Kitana

This just of the top of my head, but there are more.

As a jock player I don’t really care if they nerf outtake as much.
As long as liu and geras get nerfed again.
You should care because Outtake was thrown in the blender for people to argue about it and forget to FIX THE FKN HITBOXES that run Shock Jock into the ground.
And because Outtake is getting all the coverage, literally nobody cares or speaks about the character breaking whiffs.

What a hypocrisy from all these Johnny mains, talking about whiffing when literally the whole cast has something that whiffs on Johnny because of his crouch block stance.

Can't believe how the title of this thread is still not "Downplaying Johnny".
Pretty sure M.D. has stated multiple times that he wants all the whiffing fixed across the board and admitted to johnnys being dumb.
I agree with the retitle though, dese Johnny mains are ridiculous!

we will have to make one for you though called “challenge ducking cluck.”

Ignored.