What's new

Is Very Hard mode a reliable way to prctice?

To me the AI is a good opponent when your trying to just get the feel of using a new character you normally never use.
I agree. The AI is good for trying out different characters and muscle memory for doing combos on moving characters. Problem with AI is that it doesn't replicate real player habits like spamming certain moves.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I agree. The AI is good for trying out different characters and muscle memory for doing combos on moving characters. Problem with AI is that it doesn't replicate real player habits like spamming certain moves.
Thats why an AI Deathstroke is nothing compared to a player controled one, but thats also where the training mode is hugely helpful and you get a large amount of record time to help you try and emulate other players' habits and try to counter them.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
\
In MK9, my way of telling that im ready to play online was if i can beat expert without losig a round.

Well expert in Mk9 is very easy imo. In this game though, i feel that expert in mk9 is equivalent to "hard" in Injustice.

I say that because hard is pretty simple.. But very hard....!!!! Yeah, no words.

What do you guys think? Has anyone gone through very hard without dying?
To me Injustice was and still is awkward as hell. I went to the lab when i got the game after not really messing with the demo much, developed some bnbs and hopped online.. and had all kinds of problems. I still dont have a grasp on the game, but I have adjusted a little and its thanks to playing the ladder. i think I need to play more on Hard though and get used to timing things, getting in on certain characters while keeping the spacing i need, and most important of all DEFENSE!! The hardest thing is not being able to cancel dash into block or strings.. it reminds me of jumping in super ghouls and ghosts.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Only training in do is very hard and offline, best ways to get your combo timing, learn stages, aa, and the comp forces you not to jump bc they are so godlike

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
The CPU is pretty bad in this game. It obviously reads your inputs and forces you to exploit things that it doesn't know how to get out of. As has been said, only use it to test setups and counterpokes.

PwnStar

Noob
AI's are only good for reactionary training and confirms on a moving target they will never be a substitute for an actual player. AI's can be manipulated, aren't tricked by ambiguous set ups, have limited adaptation capabilities, and can react impractical ways. You're always better training with a person and I believe you can train online now. Beating AI's sadly is not much of an accomplishment or marker of skill given the nature of fighters and limitations of AI.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Put doomsday on very hard, you'll be happy when you beat him lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Its a good starting point, thats it your real ractice comes from playing others, like I said all of us here will glad train with you and help out I know I am in dire need of a coach, because I want to be tourny ready.

The very hard AI has close to a 100% anti-air rate, and a 100% success rate at interupting holes in strings. So in many ways, playing the very hard AI too much will burn it into your head that you should never take risks of any kind. It's good for teaching you how to get out of pressure though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Computer AI is to know defense and setups under pressure. Its not the same, but its a daaaaaaaaaamned good start. When you are up against a player you have to read their habits and their approach tactics as well since thats different per player. For now, know your character know their matchup options ,learn their defensive options . and learn their mobility and wakeup tactics. Learn all that and you should hold it down well enough.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah the only thing very hard mode can help you ith is dealing with pressure, and know when to punish

Deep33

Noob
In MK9, my way of telling that im ready to play online was if i can beat expert without losig a round.

Well expert in Mk9 is very easy imo. In this game though, i feel that expert in mk9 is equivalent to "hard" in Injustice.

I say that because hard is pretty simple.. But very hard....!!!! Yeah, no words.

What do you guys think? Has anyone gone through very hard without dying?
A lotta bad advice from many of these guys. I probably have one of the best reptiles and raidens out there in MKX (all three variations of both characters). I have beaten several of the pros who make it into top32 and top16 in kombat cup. If i fought the top 8s, i could probably beat many of them too. I took about a year and a half to get there. I did it by solely by getting my ass whooped for hours by very hard AI of different character variations for months. It taught me the matchups and made my execution level very high. You can be sloppy with human foes, but you will only get closest to frame perfect execution by regularly getting ass whooped by the hardest AI. Sure, it reads your inputs, but, once your execution level is high, you will be comfortable experimenting with humans online. You will feel a lot at ease with some of the fiercest players out there.

A lotta bad advice from many of these guys. I probably have one of the best reptiles and raidens out there in MKX (all three variations of both characters). I have beaten several of the pros who make it into top32 and top16 in kombat cup. If i fought the top 8s, i could probably beat many of them too. I took about a year and a half to get there. I did it by solely by getting my ass whooped for hours by very hard AI of different character variations for months. It taught me the matchups and made my execution level very high. You can be sloppy with human foes, but you will only get closest to frame perfect execution by regularly getting ass whooped by the hardest AI. Sure, it reads your inputs, but, once your execution level is high, you will be comfortable experimenting with humans online. You will feel a lot at ease with some of the fiercest players out there.
did u even realize that u answered to a thread from 2013?
you should better introduce yourself and tell us what a nice guy u are.
or maybe u dont need introduction? then tell us at least what was your last tym account?

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
On one hand, Ai is limited in these games so it can be exploited.
On the other hand, it responds way faster than humans possibly could.
So the short answer is no, it won't give you reliable experience but you can at least practice your execution because it will definitely bop you if you drop your combo.

CmC_HAt

Noob
dont play vs any dificult AI, that practice create bad habits. You will start to use strateggies that you think works, and when you fight against player you will be notice that not work, and in that moment you have to change your whole strategy which is the most dificult thing to do in real time fighting games.

what i do.

i dont have internet conection. i wait till the weekend to play with friends that come home, and all the week i practice watching tournaments very steply, and trying to understand why (semiij, tweedy, sonic) do every step in they metagame, why that j2 not was j1 o j3, o why d1 and trait.... etc
other step before this : create a notepad and whrite all the thinks that you see in ranked matches and tournaments that you think may help and create a game system, ej of a game system.

i mained catwoman , for me his mixups game close is:
1- 1f2
2 - 2b2 1
3 - f2 d3 1
4 - b1 2 d3

with this in mind sometimes i do : 1 3 2 1 in a round, and sometimes 2 2 1 2,

now imagine this secuency with every aspect of a character, when you learn your ourcreated secuences and implement in the game changing then your become dangerous that playing again a very hard AI.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Damn daniel did you just necro a five year old thread to talk about how dope you are because you played ladder mode?

Deep33

Noob
Damn daniel did you just necro a five year old thread to talk about how dope you are because you played ladder mode?
Hmmm, it so appears that i did make a comment on there the 12th of Feb 2018. Why would you be necroing it on 05-29-2018, 3 months and 17 days later?

Nowhere do i say anything about ladder mode. The gist of that post is that VERY HARD AI does have its uses when you're picking up a new character but have an existing main at a higher level. If you went brand spanking new as you're picking up a new character online , it would be slaughter against your usual opponents. Your usual opponents on your friend list would get bored playing against your scrubby new character and insist that you play your main, you see?

Well, Very Hard AI comes in handy at times like these. It can mimic difficult situations, get you to frame perfect execution, etc, etc. It will get you better prep'd, make the transition to fighting blood thirsty usual human opponents smoother.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Hmmm, it so appears that i did make a comment on there the 12th of Feb 2018. Why would you be necroing it on 05-29-2018, 3 months and 17 days later?

Nowhere do i say anything about ladder mode. The gist of that post is that VERY HARD AI does have its uses when you're picking up a new character but have an existing main at a higher level. If you went brand spanking new as you're picking up a new character online , it would be slaughter against your usual opponents. Your usual opponents on your friend list would get bored playing against your scrubby new character and insist that you play your main, you see?

Well, Very Hard AI comes in handy at times like these. It can mimic difficult situations, get you to frame perfect execution, etc, etc. It will get you better prep'd, make the transition to fighting blood thirsty usual human opponents smoother.
Little off topic, but do you have any gameplay of yourself playing? I’ve been playing master of storms and would be interested in seeing some top level play with him

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Can I just say one thing I hate about NRS AI? Mix-ups and 50/50s don't work on them at the higher levels. So if you play Black Canary, it's an awful way to train, because they literally always block