What's new

Injustice 1 ultimate edition free on steam, ps4 and xbox until 25th June

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I miss Injustice 1, but the PC version is a broken pile of hot garbage.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I was pretty excited when I saw. Went into training mode, was feeling myself doing all my optimals, then went online and remembered this is a completely different game. When I used to play this all the time I remember not being able to do offline combos in training mode after a long online session.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was pretty excited when I saw. Went into training mode, was feeling myself doing all my optimals, then went online and remembered this is a completely different game. When I used to play this all the time I remember not being able to do offline combos in training mode after a long online session.
I could never get Deathstroke's 323 + F23 Spin ender to work online. Ever. I liked 3231 Gunshot better for screen positioning anyway, but still. And Grundy's Walking Corpse Cancels, forget about it...

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I could never get Deathstroke's 323 + F23 Spin ender to work online. Ever. I liked 3231 Gunshot better for screen positioning anyway, but still. And Grundy's Walking Corpse Cancels, forget about it...
Yeah I use Deathstroke too. That combo is hella rough online, but the best part was if you missed it in the corner you'd accidentally get f233 and get them with the meaty overhead lol

Wow, I got Injustice at launch on the Wii U, let me repeat that, on the Wii U. This was also the game that first introduced me to Maximilian Dood with his week of Nightwing. A lot of good memories of this game but I never got a chance to play it much online.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah I use Deathstroke too. That combo is hella rough online, but the best part was if you missed it in the corner you'd accidentally get f233 and get them with the meaty overhead lol
Ayyyyyyyy, fellow meta-mercenary :D.

I'm still mad about when they nerfed the recovery on his iA Gunshots. Everything else they did with him was 100% warranted, but that would've been the thing that kept him competitive as the game went on and we dealt with Batgirl, MMH, buffed Sinestro, buffed Lobo, the already ridiculous top tier of Bats and Supes and Aquaman...and let's not forget Zod. Lord have mercy, Zod.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ayyyyyyyy, fellow meta-mercenary :D.

I'm still mad about when they nerfed the recovery on his iA Gunshots. Everything else they did with him was 100% warranted, but that would've been the thing that kept him competitive as the game went on and we dealt with Batgirl, MMH, buffed Sinestro, buffed Lobo, the already ridiculous top tier of Bats and Supes and Aquaman...and let's not forget Zod. Lord have mercy, Zod.
How was Deathstroke not competitive? I always had him at like 7-10. He was ridiculous, just not top 4 MMH/Batgirl/ Zod/Aquaman ridiculous.

And MIT's godlike DS taking 3rd at evo with the least optimal combos ever feels like it validates that belief to me.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How was Deathstroke not competitive? I always had him at like 7-10. He was ridiculous, just not top 4 MMH/Batgirl/ Zod/Aquaman ridiculous.

And MIT's godlike DS taking 3rd at evo with the least optimal combos ever feels like it validates that belief to me.
That's fair. Competitive was the wrong word; more like equally as insane as everyone else. He was very capable, but in a game where being utterly busted was the norm.

God I miss this game. Just seeing this thread led me down a youtube rabbit hole of like Revolver's Lex, Tyrant's Grundy, etc. Matches were crazy hype and combo's were satisfying, puts MK11 to shame in that regard. Traits>Variations all day every day. But yeah as others have mentioned this game indeed had shit online and some literally cancerous 10-1, 7-3 MU's. I would love for this game to get a resurgence and just ban BG, MM, AM, and Zod but i guess supes and batman would just immediately fill that void lol.

Second Saint

God I miss this game. Just seeing this thread led me down a youtube rabbit hole of like Revolver's Lex, Tyrant's Grundy, etc. Matches were crazy hype and combo's were satisfying, puts MK11 to shame in that regard. Traits>Variations all day every day. But yeah as others have mentioned this game indeed had shit online and some literally cancerous 10-1, 7-3 MU's. I would love for this game to get a resurgence and just ban BG, MM, AM, and Zod but i guess supes and batman would just immediately fill that void lol.
I don't think they would, honestly. Supes and Batman were definitely good, but I don't think they held a candle to the top 4 S+ characters. There were real counter picks to both Batman and Superman.

Flash tho...

I don't think they would, honestly. Supes and Batman were definitely good, but I don't think they held a candle to the top 4 S+ characters. There were real counter picks to both Batman and Superman.

Flash tho...
Agreed. There are a lot of characters that without the top 4-5 I really don't know where the fuck they'd land on the tier list. I'm thinking Frost, Lex, Raven, Zatanna, Knightwing, Bane.....? And yeah fuck flash too, touch of death MK9 Cyrax level character. I know this site's generally against banning characters but to bring on that resurgence i say fuck it, I'm all for it. NRS will never again touch this game so maybe we the community have to make some rules....eh?

Second Saint

Agreed. There are a lot of characters that without the top 4-5 I really don't know where the fuck they'd land on the tier list. I'm thinking Frost, Lex, Raven, Zatanna, Knightwing, Bane.....? And yeah fuck flash too, touch of death MK9 Cyrax level character. I know this site's generally against banning characters but to bring on that resurgence i say fuck it, I'm all for it. NRS will never again touch this game so maybe we the community have to make some rules....eh?
WW would also suddenly lose all but one of her bad matchups, making her suddenly fit properly in the meta. Though I still think the reason she didn't have results is that Foxy didn't travel for this game. Her pressure, oki, and rushdown were insane.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Doomsday flow chart:
If close = true, press d1 db2
else
press 4, ff until close = true
Going back to some hilariously broken mess really makes you appreciate Injustice 2 and MK11
I felt more guilty about being a Doomsday main than I did about Cyrax in MK9. He's always been my favorite DC character because #FuckSuperman, but the first time I saw him in game was CD Sr mauling someone to death on Themyscira, and I was in the boat then and there.

I don't care what his moveset is should he return in IJ3, as long as he still has his mobility. Take Earth Shake being OH/Low if you have to, but leave me my speed.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Going back to some hilariously broken mess really makes you appreciate Injustice 2 and MK11
Does it though?

Obviously the game is broken but even the mid/low tier characters are way better and more interesting than what we have in MK11. You could combine all 3 skarlet variations and she'd still have less and be worse than IJ1 Raven