What's new

Frost General Discussion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
@Kindred Is there nothing I can do to make D4 safe at a closer range? Since D4~auger only stops people from doing like a mid to take their turn? If so who can just D4 punish Frost's D4? Also B121 jails right? Despite being Mid, mid, high?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@Kindred Is there nothing I can do to make D4 safe at a closer range? Since D4~auger only stops people from doing like a mid to take their turn? If so who can just D4 punish Frost's D4? Also B121 jails right? Despite being Mid, mid, high?
Not that I know of since D4 is -9 on block... I try not to do it at close range as much (unless I get a feeling the person is going to try to take their turn back with a string starter and not a poke, in which case I cancel into spin or auger). People can easily reply to a blocked d4 with any poke of their own and take their turn back if they've seen you consistently cancel into ~Auger or ~Spin or ~DB2B. At its max range, it's pretty safe against most of the cast except for those who have a long range D4 as well (Shao Kahn, Scarlett for ex)

B121 does jail as long as the B1 or 2 connects with the blocking opponent. If B12 doesnt hit, they can neutral duck the last hit.

Mandolore1123

Not that I know of since D4 is -9 on block... I try not to do it at close range as much (unless I get a feeling the person is going to try to take their turn back with a string starter and not a poke, in which case I cancel into spin or auger). People can easily reply to a blocked d4 with any poke of their own and take their turn back if they've seen you consistently cancel into ~Auger or ~Spin or ~DB2B. At its max range, it's pretty safe against most of the cast except for those who have a long range D4 as well (Shao Kahn, Scarlett for ex)

B121 does jail as long as the B1 or 2 connects with the blocking opponent. If B12 doesnt hit, they can neutral duck the last hit.

Mandolore1123

Does anyone know how to do the ice auger brutal? (the one that says hold B to activate and have auger as the final hit) I can't even do it on the AI. Is there some hidden requirement that I have to do or does it have to be a certain distance? :(

kevkopdx

Noob
Does anyone know how to do the ice auger brutal? (the one that says hold B to activate and have auger as the final hit) I can't even do it on the AI. Is there some hidden requirement that I have to do or does it have to be a certain distance? :(
Pretty sure it just has to be the last hit, I did it yesterday, they might have to be grounded too

Mandolore1123

Max distance is the requirement. Hold down the button and it will come out
Sad. So I can't do B12~auger in the corner smh. Thanks. Do you have any other recommendations for nice brutalities I can fish for as Frost?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I was trying find the highest damaging combo for this variation (Auger, dive bomb, Microburst) in the corner after a B22 krushing blow and this is what I found.
Anybody else experiment with this?