What's new

DOA6 Combo Thread!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

So you want to explore your core values? Let me help!
Sup y'all? I'll update this post with the combos from the characters I'm gonna pick up in DOA6, I'll also give some tips on how to use them and general tips for the game. If you post combos for a character or tips I'll add them all to this post so anyone looking to start learning a new character won't have to go through all the posts.

The * is meant to separate move strings. I used arrows instead of the D-button number values since it's much easier to read.

General tips
  • If you want to save yourself the trouble and frustration of your enemy always holding your attacks, use a stun move before going into a combo, it will likely mix them up and if they attempt a hold they'll fail and get stuck in the combo.
  • Learn all of the holds and practice them, once you know certain character's string you'll be able to punish the opponent for always using the same ones.
  • Footsies is important in this game, don't start the round right in your opponent's face unless you know the attack you'll open up with is very quick. Usually, I let them come to me and control the distance that way. Wait for them to whiff and go in.
  • Does your opponent keep spamming high grabs from a distance (Kasumi, Hayabusa)? Don't freak out, just duck or if you're feeling adventurous hold their attack.
Tina

Tina has been my main for 3 games and for the most part, her playstyle and strings haven't changed all that much. Though this game is way more balanced and she feels less sluggish in comparison to other characters like Kasumi or Ayane. She is a grappler character which means her moves are less focused on speed and instead focused on high damage throws to punish enemies using unsafe strings against you.

Stun moves:
  • → K
  • ← K
  • ↘ KP
  • → K
  • K+H
  • → P+K
Advancing moves:

↓K+P is a roll, which you can follow up with a P or a K. The roll can duck under high attacks and if you condition your opponent to always block it, roll in and go for a high damage grab like →← T *↓ T * ↑ T. If it hits with K or P you can follow up for a ground throw after the opponent bounces.

Throws:

Are the key to high damage combos with Tina, as she can scoop an airborne opponent and slam them on the ground AND follow up with a ground hold.
  • Punish unsafe strings with combo throws like →←T
  • After an opponent is knocked down from a string, like →P,P,P follow up with a ground throw ↓T for more damage
  • Your opponent is ducking? Eh, show them you mean business with a powerbomb ↘T or ↓T.
  • Does your opponent like being in your face? Try this ←K and once your back is to your opponent hit T, you'll grab their leg and delete a chunk of their health bar.
  • ←→T will tackle the opponent and you can follow up with ←↙↓ T to swing them around for high damage. If you hold the → she'll charge the tackle and she'll pick up the opponent and throw them on the ground, which again, you can follow up with the ←↙↓ T.
BnB Combos:
  • →K * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (115 DMG)
  • K+H * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (121 DMG)
  • PPKP * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (118 DMG)
  • →K+P * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (119 DMG)
  • →→K * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (123 DMG)
  • →PPK * PPPK * ←T * ↓T (85 DMG)
Break Blow Combo:
  • →→PPP * SSSS
Ayane

BnB Combos:
  • ←K * PP ←H+K * ←K * PKK * ↓↘→ K
  • ←K * PK H+K * ←K * H+KK * ↓↘→ K
  • →K * PP ←H+K * ←K * PKK * ↓↘→ K
  • →K * PK H+K * ←K H+KK * ↓↘→ K
  • P+KP * PP * ←K * PKK * ↓↘→ K
  • P+KPP * PK * ←K * PKK * ↓↘→ K
*After PKK bounce state, dash so that quarter circle forward K becomes close.

*Can also go into break blow or break blow cancel from PKK.

Kokoro

Starter: ↘KK * K+H, or ↙KKK
Starter into Run, →→P+K * P+K * P+K * ↑PP * ↗ PP * T * P+K (97/114/138 DMG)
Last P+K as they just start to bounce off the ground.
Lots of grounded stuns you can get held out of before the ↑PP. Mix it up with throws, other branches or launch earlier. (which I assume is standard DOA combo advice)

Hitomi

BnB Combos:
  • ↖PK * P * ↗P * ↑H+K * ↘↘P * ↖PK * PP→PK
  • ←H+K * P * ↗P * ↑H+K * ↘↘P * ↖PK * PP→PK
  • →→KKP * ↓↙←KPP * ↓↘→P
Bolded route works for most critical stuns. On lighter characters you can extend the damage further after 7PK launch state:

• ↓↙4KPP * ↓↘→P
Just like before, you can dash so that ↓↘→P hits close. Can also go into break blow or break blow cancel.

Break Blow Cancel combo:

[Break Blow hits] cancel with H, →→KPP * ↓↙4KPP * ↓↘→P

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Ayane Basic Combos

4K PP 4H+K 4K PKK 236K
4K PK H+K 4K H+KK 236K

6K PP 4H+K 4K PKK 236K
6K PK H+K 4K H+KK 236K

P+KP PP 4K PKK 236K
P+KPP PK 4K PKK 236K

After PKK bounce state, dash so that 236K becomes close.

Can also go into break blow or break blow cancel from PKK.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ayane Basic Combos

4K PP 4H+K 4K PKK 236K
4K PK H+K 4K H+KK 236K

6K PP 4H+K 4K PKK 236K
6K PK H+K 4K H+KK 236K

P+KP PP 4K PKK 236K
P+KPP PK 4K PKK 236K

After PKK bounce state, dash so that 236K becomes close.

Can also go into break blow or break blow cancel from PKK.
Nice! My friend mains her but he's a masher, I'm gonna force him to train with these.

Kokoro
Starter: 3KK, K+H, or 1KKK
Starter into Run, 66P+K, P+K, P+K, 8PP, 9PP T P+K (97/114/138 DMG)
Last P+K as they just start to bounce off the ground.
Lots of grounded stuns you can get held out of before the 8PP. Mix it up with throws, other branches or launch earlier. (which I assume is standard DOA combo advice)

It's swagy, and most damage I've found on my own. Closest thing to a contribution I have to offer. I doubt I will have more or better in the future.
The more you play the more stuff you'll find!

Thank you both for posting, I added it to the OP.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
not that I'm gonna play Ayane or anything (I hate that bitch), but what does "4K", 6K", etc mean?

Is that like the "4" in the standard 1234 scheme or does that mean do 4 kicks? like KKKK?

Asking because I switched my layout to be like MK/Inj.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
not that I'm gonna play Ayane or anything (I hate that bitch), but what does "4K", 6K", etc mean?

Is that like the "4" in the standard 1234 scheme or does that mean do 4 kicks? like KKKK?

Yep, the 4 and 6 means the number of times you have to hit it. Then he uses 2-3 to refer to the face buttons. I'm gonna edit it in the OP to make it more readable.

Edit: Actually, it may mean forward and back? I think I'll wait until he responds.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

It's the same as the Soul Calibur notations. Look at the number pad on your keyboard. Each number represents a direction on the d-pad/stick.

236 is a quarter circle forward motion. 2 + down, 3 = down/forward, 6 = forward.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It's the same as the Soul Calibur notations. Look at the number pad on your keyboard. Each number represents a direction on the d-pad/stick.

236 is a quarter circle forward motion. 2 + down, 3 = down/forward, 6 = forward.

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
Ah okay, that's what I thought. I never read moves like that I was kinda at a loss here thanks for the explanation. I'll write it out with the arrows because it's much easier to read.

Samsara

Resident Cynic

Its numpad directional notation

4K would be back kick. 6K would be forward kick.

Two letters next to each other means an attack string. PP would be two punches.

Also Ayane is cute and I like her new outfit a lot <3

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
quarter circle forward is the motion the game shows you that looks like a bent up arrow? seems to work like df for me lol. Maybe I just have fat thumbs? lmao

Samsara

Resident Cynic
so for example a basic string for Hitomi would be:

PP6PK ?

Thanks guys.
Hitomi Basic Combos

7PK P 9P 8H+K 33P 7PK PP6PK

4H+K P 9P 8H+K 33P 7PK PP6PK

66KKP 214KPP 236P

Bolded route works for most critical stuns. On lighter characters you can extend the damage further after 7PK launch state:

214KPP 236P

Just like before, you can dash so that 236P hits close. Can also go into break blow or break blow cancel.

Break Blow Cancel combo:

[Break Blow Hits] cancel with H, 66KPP 214KPP 236P

Last edited:
Anyone got anything for Bayman? It's scrub city over here with the breaking blow combos.
Still working on my Bayman guide but I have this as a start. He's not really a combo heavy character. Like almost never more than 6 hits.

https://tonys-bayman-guide.surge.sh
(Haven't started combo section yet)

I do plan on rewriting certain sections. As I play better players I'm starting to realize how good using offensive holds on crit stunned opponents is.

But the Bayman combo challenges are pretty on the money with what you want to do after a launcher. 3K hard knockdown into roll into ground grab.

But any time you are close enough to the corner 46H and 66H on stun end to get those sweet, sweet resets.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Still working on my Bayman guide but I have this as a start. He's not really a combo heavy character. Like almost never more than 6 hits.

https://tonys-bayman-guide.surge.sh
(Haven't started combo section yet)

I do plan on rewriting certain sections. As I play better players I'm starting to realize how good using offensive holds on crit stunned opponents is.

But the Bayman combo challenges are pretty on the money with what you want to do after a launcher. 3K hard knockdown into roll into ground grab.

But any time you are close enough to the corner 46H and 66H on stun end to get those sweet, sweet resets.
Nice guide. Damn, I love Bayman's roll it looks really useful. Tina has one too, you can either feint or use a kick or a punch to follow up.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
LEIFANG IS BEST GIRL!!!

Here's how to do damage with everyone's favorite elegant Tai Chi practicing young lady: Leifang! She has more combos than this, but the following are good for those new to her:

How to use a launcher

Lei has other moves that launch, but these are launchers that allow Leifang to easily connect her “bound” attack against all weight classes.

How to use an ender

46P(close hit)
9KKK
2P+K , 4H+K
6S***

46P is your go ender if you can easily secure a close hit (typically at the wall). 9KKK is my comfort option in open space as landing a close hit 46P is not always possible. Finally 6S leads to Leifangs Break Blow which can either be cashed out for moderate but guaranteed damage or extended by canceling with guard to allow for another combo.

Now that you know how to launch your opponent and end your combos, it’s time for some samples:

4KK , 1KP , [launcher] , 1PKK , [ender]

4KK , 3PP , [launcher] , 1PKK , [ender]

8P , 1KP , [launcher] , 1PKK , [ender]

8P , 3PP , [launcher] , 1PKK [ender]

8P , 3K , [launcher] , 1PKK [ender]

7PP , 1KP , [launcher] , 1PKK [ender]

7PP , 3+PP , [launcher] , 1PKK [ender]

7PP , 3K , [launcher] , 1PKK [ender]

Unshu Stance~K , 3P , [launcher]

Unshu Stance~P+K , 3P , [launcher]

Unshu Stance~T , 2P+KK , 3PP4P, 46P

(Second hit only) 9PP , 6P(Unshu Stance)~P , [launcher] , 1PKK , [ender]