What's new

General/Other Dear Black Adam Community

You could've made this entire statement in the same PM instead of putting him on blast. Better yet the PM probably could've almost been done already, but being a dick about it makes you look better right? :rolleyes:
You know you could have PM'd him that, but making a public statement.....i have no idea where I'm going with this lol

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm not really interested in arguing with you over why I'm a douchebag. But make your case if you want. I have no issues with you and you're really the only one emotionally invested in this.
smh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Oh wow, I wasn't even taking a shot at you. I was just pointing out how hype this thread was getting. Don't worry, you'll recognize my name very soon.
Relax, my goal is to make this thread as retarded and off topic as possible right now so it just gets closed. Take no offense sir. :p I hope I do btw.

So what I'm hearing so far is that he's only really vulnerable to 50/50's... since nothing he has is punishable. Am I correct? When I'm playing against BA... my whole mindset is "jesus christ I have to get in ASAP" moreso than other characters I fight against. But when I see his trait up, that stops me from wanting to get in. It makes me afraid to go in. Maybe I should lose that fear and just take the damage?
Play him. Use Black Adam. Go win a tourney. Go beat REO/Tom Brady with Black Adam. You think this character is 100% safe and cannot possibly lose to any tactic. Then why not take advantage of it? See how far you can go with Black Adam. You'll see that he does not dominate as much as you think he does and requires a lot more skill and advanced footsie knowledge to be effective. You will not win with just dive kick spamming. And those safe strings only do chip vs good players. It's not like he has serious high/low mixups. You need a knockdown + meter to really get any serious 50/50 going and even then it's not 100% guaranteed.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Play him. Use Black Adam. Go win a tourney. Go beat REO/Tom Brady with Black Adam. You think this character is 100% safe and cannot possibly lose to any tactic. Then why not take advantage of it? See how far you can go with Black Adam. You'll see that he does not dominate as much as you think he does and requires a lot more skill and advanced footsie knowledge to be effective. You will not win with just dive kick spamming. And those safe strings only do chip vs good players. It's not like he has serious high/low mixups. You need a knockdown + meter to really get any serious 50/50 going and even then it's not 100% guaranteed.
Alright. I guess I'll just go with the notion that we only learn about characters by playing them in tourney. Got it. Fuck me for asking the black Adam community questions. Lol all because of a troll thread title.

im the man to do it

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Alright. I guess I'll just go with the notion that we only learn about characters by playing them in tourney. Got it. Fuck me for asking the black Adam community questions. Lol all because of a troll thread title.
Troll thread titles wont get you anything serious.

Just go into the matchup thread or something and make a post saying what you struggle with and you will get serious discussion, and try not to be a dick about it!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Troll thread titles wont get you anything serious.

Just go into the matchup thread or something and make a post saying what you struggle with and you will get serious discussion, and try not to be a dick about it!
Am I being a dick? Or am I responding to people being a dick to me?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Regardless of if you are, were, or ever have been, if you want a serious civilised response then make an effort to not offend people or sound like a retard. Im not saying you are being a dick, just some friendly advice to take into account seeing how this thread turned out you can probably see my point!

But we already told you Black Adam's weaknesses, what do you want more. No good AAs, no air control, no reversal, stuffable wake up. Lack of high/low mixups. Average zoning. His attack vectors are very obvious/telegraphed and he is too honest in general. He relies heavily on opponent making mistakes/whiffing stuff to whiff punish. And relies on backdash/walking for defense and footsies. It's all there you just need to figure out the rest.

There are ways to beat dive kick or get around it. Someone even gave you 2 very good counters against it in your nerf thread. But you dismissed them for whatever reason.

It's like no matter what we say you already made up your mind. "This character is complete BS, overly safe and needs to get nerfed" is your current mentality and there's no way to change it it seems.

You don't need to worry about anything. They act like youre the only one complaining about a character when a lot of other people have been complaining also even some top players have, but some people here in the forums just dont have the balls to call them out. someone saying X character should be nerfed or is broken is not good, but people should respond with solid arguments before flaming a guy and youre obviously not just some buttonmasher and take this game seriously. most of them just come into the thread to repeat what some other top player has said just to look smart.

People tend to forget this is a forum and not a site where people gather to kiss eachothers asses. If you have trouble dealing with a character you should just ask people how they deal with that specific character+ do your own work in the lab.

But we already told you Black Adam's weaknesses, what do you want more. No good AAs, no air control, no reversal, stuffable wake up. Lack of high/low mixups. Average zoning. His attack vectors are very obvious/telegraphed and he is too honest in general. He relies heavily on opponent making mistakes/whiffing stuff to whiff punish. And relies on backdash/walking for defense and footsies. It's all there you just need to figure out the rest.

There are ways to beat dive kick or get around it. Someone even gave you 2 very good counters against it in your nerf thread. But you dismissed them for whatever reason.

It's like no matter what we say you already made up your mind. "This character is complete BS, overly safe and needs to get nerfed" is your current mentality and there's no way to change it it seems.
Black adam obviously isnt OP and he lacks some stuff other top characters do have but half the stuff you mentioned there is pretty much universal, almost nobody has a good anti air his wakeup is still better than a number of characters in this game. the point is he play Ares and that character looks like he relies on punishing mistakes a lot too and maybe black adam does that better in the matchup.

I honestly dont see the problem with black adam either, but I play batman who has a lot of ways to get in on people.

Black adam obviously isnt OP and he lacks some stuff other top characters do have but half the stuff you mentioned there is pretty much universal, almost nobody has a good anti air his wakeup is still better than a number of characters in this game. the point is he play Ares and that character looks like he relies on punishing mistakes a lot too and maybe black adam does that better in the matchup.

I honestly dont see the problem with black adam either, but I play batman who has a lot of ways to get in on people.
Hey I wish I had a teleport, a d1 that hits low and projectiles with huge ass hitboxes lol. :p

I don't know much about that particular matchup but it seems to me Ares can definitely occupy some good air space with his trait. I know I often get hit out of the air when I try to dive kick vs Ares. And his teleport could be used to put Black Adam in the corner where he struggles the most.

edit: ok so apparently only the Axe can be used as a reliable AA vs dive kick.. And its cooldown time is too slow to rely on it.