What's new

DC Fandome - August 22, 2020

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
DC Comics is hosting a 24-hour virtual convention on August 22. In the email invite I received, WB promises to announce new games along with other media.

"Imagine all the DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains you’ve ever loved finally coming together in one place to celebrate DC’s past, present, and future. Accessible for 24 hours at DCFanDome.com , the global event will immerse fans into the DC Multiverse, with new announcements from WB Games, Film, TV, and comics, as well as an unprecedented opportunity to hear news from the casts and creators behind your favorite feature films and TV series!"

Is it safe to say that Injustice 3 could be announced on that day?

I hope so.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Pretty sure a list of everything that was going to be announced leaked and Injustice 3 was not on it. I don't think NRS is announcing a new game anytime soon. Pretty sure we are getting at least one more expansion for MK11 at this point.

Some other DC games leaked. though:
New Batman game titled "Gotham Knights" by the devs of Arkham Origins. Apparently, it isn't connected to the Arkham series at all and instead takes place in a different Batman universe. There are rumors that you can play as all of the Batfamily.

Then there is a new Suicide Squad game by Rocksteady, the devs of the main Arkham games (Asylum, City, Knight). There are rumors that it will be a Game-as-a-service title and basically the DC equivalent of the new Marvel's Avengers game coming out.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Pretty sure a list of everything that was going to be announced leaked and Injustice 3 was not on it. I don't think NRS is announcing a new game anytime soon. Pretty sure we are getting at least one more expansion for MK11 at this point.

Some other DC games leaked. though:
New Batman game titled "Gotham Knights" by the devs of Arkham Origins. Apparently, it isn't connected to the Arkham series at all and instead takes place in a different Batman universe. There are rumors that you can play as all of the Batfamily.

Then there is a new Suicide Squad game by Rocksteady, the devs of the main Arkham games (Asylum, City, Knight). There are rumors that it will be a Game-as-a-service title and basically the DC equivalent of the new Marvel's Avengers game coming out.
I agree NRS will continue to support MK11. However, they might do that while releasing another title.

Ed Boon mentioned in a recent interview that "we have other stuff in the oven". Production of the next Injustice game or a new IP was most likely started as soon as MK11 was released. You're probably right though.