What's new

Guide BnB Combos, Damage Combos, Fancy Combos, Tag Combos, "Toasty Boost" Combo and Tips (VIDEO)

JAP

Combo maker
BnB Combos
F4------ 0:39-------- Deep jk to crouching opponent---8:32---- Tips and fancy combos -17:10
F434----1:52---------NJP-----------------------------------9:24---- Damage combos-------- 20:10
JP 221--3:11---------AA 1 ------------------------------10:40----Toasty boost combo -----23:17
F34 -----4:19 -------- AA D1 -----------------------------12:33---- Tag team (only 2) -------24:45
F3 ------5:21-------- AA D4 -----------------------------13:25
MGS ---6:23 --------AA CGS ---------------------------14:45
FGS ----7:21 ---------Unbreakable ----------------------16:07
GS EX -7:57

Rules:
Set-ups = CGS - MGS - GS EX - 4 - FGS
---------= MGS - GS EX - (US-CGS) - 4 - FGS
Soul steal combo = GSM - GSF - GS EX - (GSC, US) - SS

-All of the wall combos were testing against S TYPE wake-ups
-After F434 or B121 + US the wake-ups speed is different, where the S TYPE wake-ups is the --fastest and the D TYPE is the slowest one, with some differences like this:

----S TYPE --------------------------B TYPE---------------------------- D TYPE
---Kung Lao ---------------------------Jax------------------------------- Sonya B.
----Reptile ----------------------------Kitana -----------------------------Liu Kang
----------------------------------------Ermac -------------------------------Sektor
----A TYPE ---------------------------Sindel ------------------------------Scorpion
----Kenchi ----------------------------Milena -------------------------------Jade (glow-EX)
----J. Cage -----------------------------CSZ -------------------------------Stryker
-----Cyrax ------------------------------------------------------------------Sheeva
-----Raiden ---------------------------C TYPE ---------------------------Quan Chi
----Sub Zero ---------------------------Kabal (NDC EX ) -----------------Skarlet (red dash)
---Nightwolf -------------------------Freddy K. ----------------------------Smoke (shake)
----Baraka ------------------------------Rain (super kick EX)----------Shang Tsung
-----Kano ---------------------------Noob Saibot ---------------------------Kratos

Depending on the wake-up type it is possible to increase the dealt damage from 1% to 3% more than normal, some variation here:

F4

F4-CGS-NJP-JK-F434 = 28% ------------S-A TYPE
F4-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-F434 = 29% ---------- B TYPE
F4-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-B1.F434 = 30%------- C TYPE
F4-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-B1-B1-F434 = 31% ---D TYPE

F434 - FIRE SKULL

F434-FS-F434-CGS-B121 = 34% -------S-A-B TYPE
F434-FS-F434-CGS-F434 = 35% ---------C-D TYPE

F434

F434-CGS-JK-F434 =31%--------------------- S TYPE
F434-CGS-JK-B1-F434 =32%-----------------A TYPE
F434-CGS-JK-B1-B1-F434 =33%--------B-C-D TYPE

JP-221-CGS-JK-F434 = 36% ----------------S-A TYPE
JP-221-CGS-JK-B1-F434 = 37%--------------- B TYPE
JP-221-CGS-JK-B1-B1-F434 = 38%---------C-D TYPE

F34

F34-CGS-D2-F434 =32% -------------------- S-A TYPE
F34-CGS-D2-B1-F434 =33% ----------------B-C TYPE
F34-CGS-D2-B1-B1-B1-F434 =34% -----------D TYPE

F34- FIRE SKULL

F34-FS-F434-CGS-B121 = 32% -----------------S TYPE
F34-FS-F434-CGS-B1-B121 = 33% ----------A-B TYPE
F34-FS-F434-CGS-F434 = 34% -------------C-D TYPE

F3

F3-CGS-NJP-JK-F434 =28% ---------------- S-A TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-F434 =29% ---------------B TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-B1-F434 =30% ------------C TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-JK-B1-B1-B1-F434 =31% --------D TYPE

F3-CGS-NJP-D2-F434 =30% -----------------S-A TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-D2-B1-F434 =31% -----------------B TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-D2-B1-B1-F434 =32% ------------C TYPE
F3-CGS-NJP-D2-B1-B1-B1-F434 =33% --------D TYPE

In the back to the wall combos there aren´t so many variations and if you want to vary the damage there isn´t worth spending bars.

After a combo with (CGS-MGS) - (CGS-FGS) - (MGS-FGS) + GS EX if the input time isn´t enough it would be ok to dash forward + GS EX in order to send the opponent to a higher height.

NJP + D2
Personally I don´t consider it as a BnB combo because it has a lot of factors such as hitbox, stages, or special movements, for example vs Sonya after cartwheel = NJP-D2-GS EX - Where you can get a hit from the first fire ball and then a hit from the third one depending on the dash, the height in which the uppercut hits etc.

D2 can be an anti air movement but it is too risky

D2 + SS EX = 27%---------- D2 + X RAY = 43%
B2 + SS -----= 21% ----------B2 + SS EX -= 16% -----------B2 + X RAY = 36%

There are also some set-ups such as (1-2-US) (f4-CGS) (F2-MGS) that can be useful at some times in order to avoid repetition and chance the flow of the fight

Toasty Boost:
DDF3
Time limit after Toasty is 2.5 sec
in morph the toasty input is the same to the opponent

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK SHANG´S :)

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
Dude why didn't you tell me you were making a Shang video?! I have a bunch of clips recorded, just never uploaded them.

Other than that good job. This video is amazing! I give you my props sir!

Reactions: JAP

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
Hey great vid :) Are you using xbox 360 or ps3? I'm just trying to see if there's a difference in how uppercuts react because on xbox I can't seem to be able to do anything after an uppercut as far as I've tried. Other than that nice little setups, my combos differ from those but do similar damage. Usually around 40%, gonna see if I can add an extra fireball here and there. I definately got some I haven't seen anywhere before though :) I did a LOT of experimenting. I figured out it's much more effective to do slow powerful hits vs lots of little hits, but the timing is harder. Never got over 54% (without damage boost) so i'm curious to try some of them when I get home tonite :) I'll post a video after I make some. I play with people like ping pong :D

JAP

Combo maker
Hey great vid :) Are you using xbox 360 or ps3? I'm just trying to see if there's a difference in how uppercuts react because on xbox I can't seem to be able to do anything after an uppercut as far as I've tried. Other than that nice little setups, my combos differ from those but do similar damage. Usually around 40%, gonna see if I can add an extra fireball here and there. I definately got some I haven't seen anywhere before though :) I did a LOT of experimenting. I figured out it's much more effective to do slow powerful hits vs lots of little hits, but the timing is harder. Never got over 54% (without damage boost) so i'm curious to try some of them when I get home tonite :) I'll post a video after I make some. I play with people like ping pong :D
Any console, in xbox 360 is muuuuuch slower, but equal.

kanaida

I just got it to work, not enough time for ground fireballs but I guess that's timing :) I'm almost done a new video. Will post tommorow. Its amazing that the combos are practically endless in diversity. Especially tag ones

Reactions: JAP

kanaida

Hey jap, I saw some of your YouTube videos where you were shang tsung, and someone else in tag mode. But I saw you using the opponents down back switch fireball. So shang tsung moved and fired like raiden (and other people) to start a combo... How's that trick work? :)

JAP

Combo maker
Hey jap, I saw some of your YouTube videos where you were shang tsung, and someone else in tag mode. But I saw you using the opponents down back switch fireball. So shang tsung moved and fired like raiden (and other people) to start a combo... How's that trick work? :)
Soul steal ---- tag=chance --- combo + assistance "Fast"

kanaida

thanks i'll try it out :) always love trippy tricks. I just posted a thread with my vid, check it out