What's new

[Aug 4, 2012] UnderTheMayo invites you to TORNEO NUCLEAR... (Ciudad de Mexico, D.F.)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I`m here to announce the Torneo Nuclear in Mexico City, on August 4th.

A good turnout is anticipated because of the week of vacation time through most of the country. I would like to extend an invitation to the MK players of the US and Canada. As I will not be up north during the life of MK9, I`ve been looking for a good opportunity to invite people down here because there`s so many people I`d love to see.

(LOUD video of the venue)​

Torneo Nuclear primarily features Umvc3, AE, MK9, and Smash Bros. (Smash is pretty big here.)

I can`t promise thousands of dollars for first place, but we`ll be putting in some extra cash to make it interesting. The 4-story Technology Plaza where the tournament is held is located in the beautiful downtown area of Mexico City known as Bellas Artes.

Myself and my Team Trauma will be traveling there, as well as players from other cities. We`ll be arranging hotel stays, as well as stays with players in the city. They are very accommodating and happy to let players stay with them for free. Everyone I speak with out there is very enthusiastic about the idea of other players coming down. All the big MK names are well known down here. So since there will be some expense in travel, we`re going to do our best to minimize, even eliminate, any other expenses for lodging and local travel.

Flying out here is simple. We`ll be able to meet anyone at the airport. Another travel option is to come to the border of the states, and then take a bus down to Mexico City where we can meet you at the bus station.

My team and the others will be doing anything we can to make the stay here as comfortable as possible. And we`ll have plenty of time for some crazy fun around the city.

So, what do you say? Come down to a new place, meet some international players, and spend a weekend with the MK Scientist and his band of misfits. We're looking for players to arrive on August 2nd or 3rd.

Please PM me here for more information. Several players have already expressed interest in making it down, and this is likely the last big tournament down here in the life of MK9. So lets make something happen!

- STB Under_The_Mayo

Website for the central bus terminal of Mexico City D.F. (Federal District) http://www.centraldelnorte.com/

Any bus line should lead to Terminal Centre Del Norte in Mexico City.

Searching for flight information, you should arrive at AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL DE LA CIUDAD DE MEXICO in Mexico City, D.F.

(ignore the google map. it's likely wrong. we'll all be going together from where we stay)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Wow! this looks sick! and i would love to see Mexico city, me and handful of other Dallas guys are going to two locals before the end of the month, so if you don't contact them mayo i will, and i will hype this up!
Man I wish I could do this, but it took a lot of convincing for my parents to even let me go to Texarkana. Pretty sure they would decline Mexico, lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
hmm... sounds interesting.. ive actually been around that area before... i have family in mexico df, and i was suppose to visit them this summer.. this might help me go visit them even more.. ill have to see.. trying to figure out if im making Evo for now

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
I'm in Dallas so realistically if I could get a relatively cheap flight down there and hopefully stay with somebody I could possibly make this. I've always wanted to visit Mexico and my Bday is the 3rd so I would have no trouble getting time off work.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'm in Dallas so realistically if I could get a relatively cheap flight down there and hopefully stay with somebody I could possibly make this. I've always wanted to visit Mexico and my Bday is the 3rd so I would have no trouble getting time off work.
Ok. This is far enough ahead that I can make this happen. ESPECIALLY if my dallas cats are going. Subscribed, will spread the word.

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Ok. This is far enough ahead that I can make this happen. ESPECIALLY if my dallas cats are going. Subscribed, will spread the word.

Dudeeeeeeee that's what I'm saying! this would be sooooooooooo sick, we should plain this out and go
also, do you feel like playing on psn?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Dudeeeeeeee that's what I'm saying! this would be sooooooooooo sick, we should plain this out and go
also, do you feel like playing on psn?
Haha yeah. If you're still on in a bit I'll throw you an invite. Roommates using the tv. Don't feel like hooking up the asus. A little drunk lol. But yeah, lets get with everyone and make this happen. YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO?!!!

I'm not sure if my cousins are still into gaming, but I'll let them know about this. Most of my relatives live in Mexico City. Also I'm surprised they don't have KOF on the list, I know Mexico used to be big on KOF games back when I was there.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This is a great response guys! Make sure you have your passports ready. As soon as you know you're gonna make it, let me know. That way we can make the staying arrangements, and promote this to more people with an official list of attending players!