What's new

ATTENTION: Sydney, Australia Mortal Kombat Players! Help Get MK9 to OzHadou Nationals!

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
There is an event coming your way on February 22-24 in Sydney, Australia. As most of you are aware... Mortal Kombat has been banned from Australia since its release and is only now being re-submitted to be legalized under their new R+18 rating system. With that said, OHN11 (OzHadou Nationals), will be taking place in February and will house most other popular fighters and Mortal Kombat may also finally be included in the line-up as a DIY (do it yourself) tournament game. The Australian Mortal Kombat player Gilbagz is trying to spread awareness of this event so that they can run a tournament for Mortal Kombat.

Gilbagz currently has around 8 confirmed players, but needs at least 15-20 players for this Mortal Kombat tournament. What say you? If you can help be a part of the first official Mortal Kombat tournament, let Gilbagz know immediately by responding to this article! One player has already showed interest; that being TONY-T !
ohn1.jpg

"Registrations will be closing on Monday the 18th of February. This will allow us time to seed and publish all tournament pools before OHN11 begins.'

But I need to give in the application for a DIY side tourney by the 9th of Feb"
For additional details on this tournament, go here! Or go to Gilbagz's post on OzHadou.net!

The longest running annual fighting game tournament for Australia - the 'OzHadou Nationals' (OHN) - will take place in Sydney, Australia next year from February the 22nd through until February the 24th. Once again our venue will be the 'Red Room' which is located in the Sydney CBD at '99 on York' on 99 York Street.
ohn2.jpg

Attachments

Johnny Kahl

Ready to eat lead?
Thanks for getting this out there even more Storms. Fingers crossed ill be able to make the flight to Sydney for this one!

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Im checking air fares now. I'll get knocked out in the first fuckin' round but whatever MK4eva.
Awesome Darren, i'll add your name to the ever growing *albeit slowly* list of guys.
I'll send the app in as soon as I break 15 so you can book flights early. I know its not guaranteed for you coming as you may have other commitments, but i'll just put your name down to get the list numbers up.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Just an update, looks it will be going ahead :D
We have a huge number of entrants now
Just need to hope that the OHN guys aren't anal about the fact that it still has not been reclassified yet
Judging from what my contact has said though, it is looking good with MK getting reclassified.
Almost there guys!

Gilbagz

Joker here~
So wait... what?.... they wont give it the green light unless MK9 gets a rating for Aus?
Idk according to Fuz, they OHN guys are really conservative. But considering the amount of interest we've got the in the game. I think it should be alright. We can play no blood if we have to anyway LOL
And plus it is getting reclassified i'm pretty sure so should be all good
Just got to beat SFxT, Skullgirls and SF3S. SF3S will be hard but I rekon we could beat skullgirls and SFxT easily. No one is even organising SFxT so we got barely any comp!

Just checked, the main comp is
Soul Calibur 5, DOA5, SF3S
There was interest in Skullgirls, SFxT and Super Hexagon. But don't really know.

axeman87

Noob
Yeh ok, makes sense I guess. I figured since it was DIY anyway, they were't fussed.

I just checked the Aus Classification Board. All decisions for any and all media is public access. So far, nothing on any recent MK9 decision.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/Results.aspx?q=mortal kombat&t=lfc

You have to narrow the search field to 'Include adult & RC material', sort relevance to 'Newest First" and select 'Computer Games' on the left. This shows the last 3 failed attempts.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Yeh ok, makes sense I guess. I figured since it was DIY anyway, they were't fussed.

I just checked the Aus Classification Board. All decisions for any and all media is public access. So far, nothing on any recent MK9 decision.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/Results.aspx?q=mortal kombat&t=lfc

You have to narrow the search field to 'Include adult & RC material', sort relevance to 'Newest First" and select 'Computer Games' on the left. This shows the last 3 failed attempts.
Yeah I know nothing is public yet. But I was speaking to one of the MK media guys and he has a contact in the ratings board. He said ' im in close contact with the Classification Board, I just found out some stuff on Friday about MK... ;)'
So it sounds like good news lol