What's new

Advice on picking a new character, help requested

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So my main from day 1 has been Noob, ~3k games played, with about ~1k games played with Kollector, Highborn, and Ripper.

I want to try other characters but it takes me FOREVER to feel comfortable with new chars. I was wondering if TYM had any suggestions of variations/chars for me to try, based on what I like about the chars I already play.

What I like about my chars the most is:

-Ease of jailing highs off D3/D4 of Noob
-Good pokes of Noob (kinda kollector)
-Normals with range of Kollector
-Cmd grab / tic throw game of Kollector/Kano
-Solid AA's of Noob/Kollector

When I rack my brain, those are the traits out of the chars I play that keep me playing them. Are there any other specific character variations based on what I like that I should really give a try?
I know lots of you grind this game and have tried most of the roster and in the name of time efficiency I wanted to focus on chars I know I'm gonna like by the time I've devoted 100s and 100s of games to them lol.

Any help is appreciated.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Kotal sounds like the next logical step for you. I think Kabal could also be a pretty good fit as well. No command grab, but good range, good pokes, AAs, etc. Nightwolf too.

Zviko

Noob
Sounds like you might like Arachnophobia D'Vorah. D3 and DB4 jails easily into 21 for full combo, good pokes D3 is very good, D4 long range, good normals, arguably the best AA in the game(DF2) for potential 45% dmg with KB and her S2 AA into teleport works very well.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Maybe Nightwolf? He has some good advancing normals and a command grab with a few different tick set ups. I have to admit I don't know his jailing or AA options very well, but might be worth a look.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
So my main from day 1 has been Noob, ~3k games played, with about ~1k games played with Kollector, Highborn, and Ripper.

I want to try other characters but it takes me FOREVER to feel comfortable with new chars. I was wondering if TYM had any suggestions of variations/chars for me to try, based on what I like about the chars I already play.

What I like about my chars the most is:

When I rack my brain, those are the traits out of the chars I play that keep me playing them. Are there any other specific character variations based on what I like that I should really give a try?
I know lots of you grind this game and have tried most of the roster and in the name of time efficiency I wanted to focus on chars I know I'm gonna like by the time I've devoted 100s and 100s of games to them lol.

Any help is appreciated.
Sounds like you should play
Kollector
but you already doing that

Other than that, Nightwolf has one of the stronger jailing games, but Kotal on some level ticks all those boxes.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Appreciate the feedback!!
Def will give Kotal a hard look.

Sounds like you should play
Kollector
but you already doing that

Other than that, Nightwolf has one of the stronger jailing games, but Kotal on some level ticks all those boxes.
If I could reliably jail his d3 into 13 I think he'd be my perma-main. I just can't ever take full adv of a +10 poke online in this game no matter how much time I spend labbing it (cries in Kano).

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Bone Picker Baraka, d3 jail, meterless corner combos, excellent anti Air and hard to react command grab.