What's new

[11/20/19] PS4 & Xbox November Patch Notes

Comments

It looks like just fixes. Raiden seems to be the only one that gets slight buffs.

No changes on any of the characters frame data.

And as always, the patch notes are like reading an entirely new language. For example: "Liu Kang - Adjusted Liu Kangs's proximity repel regions when ducking"

Anyway, it appears there's very little balancing in this patch. It's predominantly bug fixes, Krypt updates, and Tower updates. I assume the patch also came with a lot of the Sindel patch files to preempt her arrival next Tuesday.

Characters who received direct balance changes:
Frost (hit region)
Kotal Kahn (KB)
Kung Lao (frames)
Liu Kang ("proximity repel region," whatever the fuck that is)
Noob Saibot (hit region)
Raiden (frames)
Skarlet (Blood Ritual)
Terminator (combo scaling, victim region)

Most everyone else also received indirect balance changes via moves being now unaffected or affected by Terminator's Infiltrator Toss.

EDIT - per someone on the MK reddit: "It doesn't say it in the patch notes, but apparently everyone can just duck under Kano's F12 now, regardless of character. Certain characters would be jailed if they blocked the F1 part previously. Now they're not. Random nerf to Kano. =\" Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
there's gotta be another patch when sindel releases. still no wifi filters, no fatal blow adjustments (other than the ones hitting behind the back), etc.

Even for Raiden, it's mostly just a buff to his 3rd variation, which is better than nothing, but it's pretty minimal impact.

Skarlet - Blood Ritual self-damage no longer factors in the opponent's buffs & debuffs. The damage to Skarlet & the opponent is now always based on Skarlet’s buffs & debuffs

Wtf does that mean? Blood Ritual is still the worst move in the entire game. Your just begging the opponent to blow you up. It makes Erron's TNT toss OP. That's how bad this move is.

Skarlet - Blood Ritual self-damage no longer factors in the opponent's buffs & debuffs. The damage to Skarlet & the opponent is now always based on Skarlet’s buffs & debuffs

Wtf does that mean? Blood Ritual is still the worst move in the entire game. Your just begging the opponent to blow you up. It makes Erron's TNT toss OP. That's how bad this move is.
I assume it means that something like Kotal's totems won't affect how much damage Blood Ritual does.

• Characters will no longer sometimes face the wrong direction when blocking certain attacks

I feel like this is a potentially big one no one's talking about.

• Throw Background Interactions can no longer be projectile parried, destroyed or reflected. They can still be affected by projectile immunity

This one isn't massive but is definitely something that could make or break a match imo

Does the liu kang f4 thing mean you can no longer f4 into the nunchuk KB? Also how the hell can you hit someone with a fatal blow who is behind you mid combo? Never seen that I dont think lol.