What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Only combo I've found useful midscreen so far is F24 D1 F3 nut punch. Nothing special but maybe a brick for others to build off of.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Only combo I've found useful midscreen so far is F24 D1 F3 nut punch. Nothing special but maybe a brick for others to build off of.
I spent like 5 minutes with him, so I might be missing something, but doesn't MB nut punch launch? So you could link another string off right?

Have you guys found out good strings for pressure. I've been doing alot of 6YB then XY into 5A sorry I forget the button annotations.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Nope, nothing really all that great yet. Mainly trying to use his 12 string and build from there since its only 5 frames on startup.

He's not the pressure character that he was in MK9, so pressure strings may be limited.

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Haven't had much time in Practice thus far, but from what I've been thus far, Stunt Double has been the most fun style to play as.

User

#Yousuck
This is the punish i've gotten to work in the corner with fisticuffs

f4 nj3 f4 11 11 11 db3. It does 27%, so there's definitely probably better stuff.

If you start with a NJ3, you can do f4, f4, f4, 11, 11, 11 db3 for 30%

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
One thing that I've noticed during Practice is that if you hit Cage's X-Ray while he still has a Stunt Double charge, the X-ray nullifies it, so you can't continue the combo with a Shadow Mimic Uppercut or Shadow Mimic Kick.

User

#Yousuck
Holy crap, literally all Johnny needs in the corner is 11 loops, the damage is insane

Forward 24, down 1, jump 1, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11 xx backflip
30%

zHowieHD

Caged
Holy crap, literally all Johnny needs in the corner is 11 loops, the damage is insane

Forward 24, down 1, jump 1, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11 xx backflip
30%
The bnb i figured out can be worked in the corner with 12 loops.

F24 D1 F24 Ex Nut Punch then 12 12 12 into shadow kick.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

midscreen bnbs -
F24 xx 1 or d1 f3 Nutpunch
(the one i use) F24 xx d1 xx F24 Nutpunch

Off of f4 launcher / anti air - F4 run cancel 11 or 12 xx run cancel 11 or 12 xx f3 Nutpunch

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
What the hell are you saying
Lol, get bodied by anime notations.
Have you guys found out good strings for pressure. I've been doing alot of 6YB then XY into 5A sorry I forget the button annotations.
MK Notations:

U - Up
D- Down
F - Forward
B - Back

Square/X - 1
Triangle/Y - 2
Cross/A - 3
Circle/B - 4

So what you put down transcribes to F24, 12, F3

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

This one works in Stunt Double as well if you wanna switch out EX Nut Punch for a Shadow Mimic Uppercut to get a launcher without meterburn.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
That b12121212121212 string in fisticuffs is hectic for chip with the bump!

I managed to get 10 hits, but it usually stops at 9?