What's new

Your 5 most average characters

Who do you think are the 5 most average characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
We've seen many threads about "Who's Top 5" or "Who's Bottom 5", but not really about who do you think are the most average. How to describe an average character can be difficult generally someone whose gameplan, strategy, or general tools are good, but can be done better by a good amount of the cast or done worse by a good amount of the cast. I feel this will be much more interesting to discuss as the Top 5 and Bottom 5 have been discussed to death.

1. Liu Kang - great pressure, great zoning, meh everything else.

2. Scorpion - Great air control, combo damage, meh otherwise.

3. Kotal Kahn - I don't personally play him but playing against him for the most part he seems hella honest.

4. Johnny Cage - Very similar to Liu as far as pressurw. Differen't but definitely good. Otherwise, meh.

5. Kung Jin - I uses to feel that he was OP then I realized he wasn't. Decent space control due to njp, decent mixups. Otherwise, meh. Very honest.

coconutshrimp

1. Liu Kang - great pressure, great zoning, meh everything else.

2. Scorpion - Great air control, combo damage, meh otherwise.

3. Kotal Kahn - I don't personally play him but playing against him for the most part he seems hella honest.

4. Johnny Cage - Very similar to Liu as far as pressurw. Differen't but definitely good. Otherwise, meh.

5. Kung Jin - I uses to feel that he was OP then I realized he wasn't. Decent space control due to njp, decent mixups. Otherwise, meh. Very honest.
Interesting choices. I can agree with these choices.

coconutshrimp

As of now the poll results are a bit all over the place, but so far the results are
1.Ermac
2.Kano
3.Johnny Cage
4.Kung Jin
5.Raiden

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Predator - great tools but looses the ability to block on knock down. Devastating bug that kills an otherwise balanced character.

Quan Chi - broken zoning and vortex but just like predator his R2 breaks the second he gets knocked down.

Shinnok - I heard this character struggles in footsies

Tremor - Abysmal zoning, might as well be patched out the game.

Tanya - Pressure is awesome but there's gaps in it so it's basically useless.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Kano, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, Liu Kang, and Erron Black. These guys are perfectly balanced and the definition of average to be honest. In terms of character "honesty" I would say Kano and Kotal are probably the two characters in this game that no one would be truly salty about losing to.

Predator - great tools but looses the ability to block on knock down. Devastating bug that kills an otherwise balanced character.

Quan Chi - broken zoning and vortex but just like predator his R2 breaks the second he gets knocked down.

Shinnok - I heard this character struggles in footsies

Tremor - Abysmal zoning, might as well be patched out the game.

Tanya - Pressure is awesome but there's gaps in it so it's basically useless.
I see what you did there.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

This this this this

coconutshrimp

So the final poll results now are

1.Kano
2.Scorpion
3.Ermac
4.Liu Kang/Mileena
5.Kung Jin

Do you agree with this or do you think some other characters are more average than these?

Ssssssssssssssssssstoooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppp
<--- Doesn't know much about Takeda:
After the recent patch changes, where would you place Takeda, Mr. Muffin? Above average, below average or what?

stop making threads.
The forums are made for discussions. Besides that, this has the potential to be a more interesting topic than the threads about who's top 5/bottom 5, imo.

coconutshrimp

i think he means mid card characters that aren't that great all around, yet they still do some work from time to time.....i could be wrong. he could also mean characters that don't grab your attention much.
You've pretty much described what I mean. It is kind of difficult to define average, but what you've said is pretty much what I was trying to get at.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kano takes the cake on this free. 3 full variations that work well, are completely different, aren't too strong, but aren't weak.