What's new

YOMI Michaelangelo wins Mortal Kombat X at Yomi Gaming's Atlanta Kombat Arena (5/5/2015)!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
After conquering the Atlanta Kombat Arena twice in a row, KIT @FOREVER KING's championship streak has been ended by YOMI Michaelangelo, our champion from last night's bracket! He will now proceed to enspell the rest of Atlanta's warriors, transforming them into revenants who shall fight on his behalf.

...theatrics aside, we would like to congratulate Michaelangelo for his resounding victory over the king. Last week, his comeback of a dream had fizzled out, but last night it would shine with blinding intensity against which Kung Jin - or King Jin as @CrimsonShadow calls him - could not stand. A $300 pot bonus will be credited to Michaelangelo in honor of his win.

Thanks and shout-outs to every player who participated, every viewer who poured life into our stream chat, and to all members of Yomi staff for bringing you a pleasurable experience for an FGC local!

Yomi Gaming MKX Week 3 Grand Finals.png
As always, we do not like leaving anybody stranded in the desert of uncertainty. We've provided a playlist of all footage for AKA Week 3 as well as a link to our bracket, all of which you can access below. And please do not forget to follow and support our Twitch TV and YouTube accounts at the links designated near the bottom of the post!

The Atlanta Kombat Arena is a weekly local series dedicated to the nurturing of our beloved Mortal Kombat X scene. It occurs every Tuesday at the Yomi Gaming venue, which is found at the following address:

643 Shelton Ave SW
Atlanta, GA, 30310

Our doors are open to any and all players who would like to make an appearance! Should you have any questions about the venue, contact myself or @YOMI Reno_Racks by private message.

Bracket link: http://challonge.com/mkx5515

Playlist for Atlanta Kombat Arena, Week #3 -

As a preview to this week's playlist, take a gander at two of its match videos below. They do not disappoint!

Winner's Bracket Round 1 - Hitbox Tyrant (Jax) vs. KIT Forever King (Kung Jin)

Winner's Bracket Round 1 - Mr. Freeze (Kotal Kahn) vs. Pokchop (Kenshi)

Yomi Gaming YouTube page - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsOf2h9Fl8_-j8cGNEUsbFg

Yomi Gaming Twitch TV page - http://www.twitch.tv/yomi_gaming

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Awesome stream! Good shit to my NorCal homie Michelangelo, I knew he was gonna win this! The level of play was really incredible throughout the entire tournament. Tyrant's jax is literally a thing of beauty. I'm so happy we main the same jax variation, this way I can copy everything he does and do it on a much more shitty level lol. Also, forever kings alt goro, alt kano and alt scorpion have no business being THAT good 3 weeks into this games life :eek: seriously wtf lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Idk man everyone keeps saying how cheap Jin is but once players block all mix ups I dont even know what to do anymore.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is currently my favourite Weeklies
Because i get to see Tyrant fighting Forever King every week, so awesome.

Last edited:

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Heh, blake was saallllllltttttttyyyyyyy

Really fun to watch.
Try dealing with a mixture of dropping Raiden combos and getting 3-0'ed by a character I hated fighting in MK9, then you'll understand my salt levels. My on-stream play was embarrassing to watch.

This is currently my favourite Weeklies
Because i get to see Tyrant fighting Forever King every week, so awesome.
Sadly, Tyrant has returned to his SoCal home. @FOREVER KING is still with us, though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Try dealing with a mixture of dropping Raiden combos and getting 3-0'ed by a character I hated fighting in MK9, then you'll understand my salt levels. My on-stream play was embarrassing to watch.

Sadly, Tyrant has returned to his SoCal home. @FOREVER KING is still with us, though.
You guys still have Micheael Angelo too which actually i enjoy watching him playing A-List it has inspired me to pick A-List too, and i've been having a blast with F3 links

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Great matches! Thanks for posting this.

Is it just me though or the interface you guys have, on top of the game's one, covers too much of the screen? The boxes where you have the players' names are too big and take up too much screen space, the player's faces also take up too much space (the character Variations, for example, are completely hidden, and that little moving bar you have on top is distracting from the action and makes the whole thing look too much like a news broadcast, which is kind of annoying.

I would suggest shrinking the name boxes at least to half the current size, same with the player's faces (or maybe just show those when the match starts and then fade them out), and getting rid of the moving bar on top. And since I am whining and complaining anyway, might as well get it all out lol. The Yomi logo on the bottom is way too big also. I don't understand this desire torunament people have to replicate TV news channels. Videogames are cooler than TV, they should be their own thing. Ok I am done now, I feel better.

I know that's all nitpicking, but i think it'd improve the spectating experiencing.