What's new

XBL and Kaillera UMK3 Tournaments this Saturday

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's not over yet, down to 3 players, i played UMK KILLER just to test connection while I was waiting on crt. The first match I had zero lag and ripped shit up with no effort. Next round I had 1/4 second delay and couldn't move, Dreemer was in awe at the difference, and then the next match was more of the same. I don't understand. In any event, we'll let it go until tomorrow. I had to leave because my friend's birthday was last night and he was at someone's house, I figured the tournaments would have been over but I had some trouble getting people to respond and people would leave. That's why I wanted everyone in the chat. I'd say it went about 90% but we'll work out some more bugs in it and get it going right. UMK KILLER was not in the chat, did not have a mic, and did not speak english so there was no way to communicate.

Some of the errors in the brackets were wrong info or accidental and players taking the situation into their own hands when they shouldn't. I had sub's ready and people DQ'ed others on their own without telling me, asking, or anything and that cannot happen.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It was only bad because it was the first time trying it this way online. It was actually VERY similar in running a real tournament. Even having everyone in the chat at once or in the same room can be difficult to get people to play. But regardless, it'll get easier to do, and hopefully I'll have people to help out in the future.

I will talk to Dreemer about a system for running the tournaments.

My idea right now is, perhaps something like, a page we set up with the tournament brackets in our own format not using bracketmaker.com, and you can click a red dot (lost) or a green dot (won) next to your name and when both players click the dots it'll advance the winning player. If there's a problem or no one does Dreemer and I could click it. By requiring both players to click opposite dots the only way there would be a problem is if one player was trying to cheat. Essentially a + and - would need to be there for it to work. This way I won't have to keep looking through the forum, or checking PMs, posts in a thread, etc. The tournament could practically run itself.

Also, we could set it up so as people play on XBL we could have data base with their gamertags and maybe if you click their name in the bracket and it'll bring you to your login screen or messages on xbox forums and you can message them directly from your PC to their gamertag to contact them easily.

For Kaillera (which didn't happen tonight due to some circumstances) we can do something similar. Kaillera would have to work where you use the same tag specifically for UMK. I know a lot of you wanted stuff like this to happen a while ago, but I think only now do we have a wide enough player base. I mean, a couple months into this board's lifespan we had a handful of dedicated players, now we have veterans a good mix of dedicated players, multiple times more than we had last year.

But like I said, Dreemer and I will work out the kinks and we'll come up with our very own personalized system.

it's all in good clean fun. Thnx to Shock and every1 for an interesting night. Btw can this info be use as another form of an update to "top ranking sys" for us......Yes or No?

Sure, we do need more games/players to determine the outcome but a intriguing concept of an internet tournament on MK-competitiveness. Hope to see more.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We'll get these tournaments together whenever possible and there will be a ranking system, points should be earned for merely entering and playing, this way inactive players ranks will drop.

Shock said:
We'll get these tournaments together whenever possible and there will be a ranking system, points should be earned for merely entering and playing, this way inactive players ranks will drop.
sounds good. I will soon be able to play at least 3 hours a day. We defienatly should have tournies every week, or something long those lines.