What's new

WTB Wakeup

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Shang's got armor now off soul steal, Sektor's got the safe on block (though it still gets knocked out of the starting frames constantly in my experience) EX TU and Quan Chi has 'armor' on EX Skydrop; except it's just as punishable on block...so what's the point in using it? Overly aggressive players who're unfamiliar with Quan might fall for it once or twice, but the people who know him will just promptly hit the rape button.

Put Quan in the corner with Noob or SZ and he's dead. I personally feel those're 6-4s in their favor, if they know Quan's mixups (lack thereof imo, they're pretty predictable).

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
quan chi players need to adapt to not having a good wakeup game. Once you overcome that hurdle its all smooth sailing!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If they're blocking your wakeup then the wakeup has done it's job.
This would be totally true...if the whiffed Stomp, or even the EX Stomp, recovered fast enough to apply pressure.
Land on other side = block or die = most likely die regardless of block.
Poking & prodding doesn't fly with Noob as his Shadows will bowl you over. Same with Sub's F4 Freeze/B121 pressure.

Poor Quan.

GNG Iniquity

This would be totally true...if the whiffed Stomp, or even the EX Stomp, recovered fast enough to apply pressure.
Land on other side = block or die = most likely die regardless of block.
Poking & prodding doesn't fly with Noob as his Shadows will bowl you over. Same with Sub's F4 Freeze/B121 pressure.

Poor Quan.
Skydrop behind isn't even applicable in the corner due to the game cutting off the screen directly behind the aggressor's back. So, what happens instead is, you skydrop directly on top of your opponent. I'll put up with Sonya, Cage and Liu Kang...but SZ and Noob? Drives me insane.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Skydrop behind isn't even applicable in the corner due to the game cutting off the screen directly behind the aggressor's back. So, what happens instead is, you skydrop directly on top of your opponent. I'll put up with Sonya, Cage and Liu Kang...but SZ and Noob? Drives me insane.
So that's not just me when I try to drop behind Nightwolf & Sheeva and EVERY FUCKING TIME I RICOCHET??

Thank you, Brother Iniquity. I thought that was just me being scrubby. WTF.

GNG Iniquity

So that's not just me when I try to drop behind Nightwolf & Sheeva and EVERY FUCKING TIME I RICOCHET??

Thank you, Brother Iniquity. I thought that was just me being scrubby. WTF.
Yeah, it's terrible lol. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he's dead in the corner. Unless it's some overly aggressive player who doesn't know Quan and wants to mash inputs while he's down, you can hit him with an EX Skydrop but that's it.

GNG Iniquity

C'mon now. I'm not asking for a free escape from the corner, Scorp(pre-EX takedown obviously that's better to use) and Sektor don't get free escapes from the corner, but they at least get options as opposed to "I'm fucking dead with my slow ass normals!"

Can I haz your guys d1 and easy breezy resets? Maybe I won't get knocked on my ass then! I feel this is more of a "Well, I don't like Quan Chi! He's stupid and I don't care to invest 5 minutes into learning his predictable two strings and how to properly fuzzy guard them! That u3 is slow as molasses, easy to spot, horribly punishable but damn it! It gets me every time! Hey, a Quan Chi topic!"

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Is it possible to somehow utilize d3 or d2 for getting out? They're both around 7 frames or so, which is pretty fast. Maybe if you mixed d3s and his other quick pokes like b1? I could be completely wrong, but it is a thought. You could probably also get out with the use of a bar of meter by say, b3 into rune. Even if they block the low starter, the rune breaks block and could give you enough wiggle room with stagger to try and get out.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Doesn't EX stomp force your opponent to back off and stop their pressure? If so it's good enough.

I don't know what you're talking about with that second paragraph.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
If there's an awareness that Quan Chi has poor wake ups, alternate options must be put into effect to get out of pressure, it's full combo punishable on block, so your options are to either take more chip to get out or risk the stomp, air on the side of caution and use an alternative escape plan. Plenty of people have unsafe armored attacks such as Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Raiden.

Doesn't EX stomp force your opponent to back off and stop their pressure? If so it's good enough
Also this.

My character has poor wakes and everyone still complains about her. Get out of here.
I think Kitana got desent wakeups compared to soo many others she cant get cross ups in corner because her fan lift catches everything also cutter is really fast if people just try keep comboing

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I think Kitana got desent wakeups compared to soo many others she cant get cross ups in corner because her fan lift catches everything also cutter is really fast if people just try keep comboing
If fan lift is blocked, it's full combo punishable (like Quan Chi's drop and whiffed cutter is punishable, not to mention, if you have Kitana in the corner, it just doesn't make sense to even try to cross her up, her wake ups can be beaten with well placed low pokes.

Kitana does have square wave boost to get out of the corner however.

If fan lift is blocked, it's full combo punishable (like Quan Chi's drop and whiffed cutter is punishable, not to mention, if you have Kitana in the corner, it just doesn't make sense to even try to cross her up, her wake ups can be beaten with well placed low pokes.

Kitana does have square wave boost to get out of the corner however.
I know but many people like to cross up or try keep pressure if that happens cutter will do its work same is that fly to get out